1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tennessee Anti-Bullying Law Change Could Allow Students To Speak Out Against Gays...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by theJosephDean, Jan 5, 2012.

1. roborama

Re: Tennessee Anti-Bullying Law Change Could Allow Students To Speak Out Against Gays

This may sound strange but I DO agree with the right to speak out against homosexuality. That is their right, but to bully for any reason is entirely wrong and needs to be punishable by law. In my own experience you can be outwardly against the lgbt community and not be a bully and that's okay. I have a very close friend that believes that it's wrong and tells me he thinks so for religious reasons and we talk about it. He loves me regardless but still believes I'm sinning. But as I have to right to be me and speak out, so does he. He's not doing anything wrong. But bullying is completely different and the proposed wording here could easily allow anti-gay bullying with is NOT okay

2. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Re: Tennessee Anti-Bullying Law Change Could Allow Students To Speak Out Against Gays

:dry: Very dissapointing....

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

A senator responsible for this bill was denied service at a restaurant because of it. I love it. It gives him a very small taste of the discrimination he's perpetuating. Too bad he didn't take it as a learning opportunity.

4. Shevanel

[YOUTUBE]_O1hM-k3aUY[/YOUTUBE]

5. Emberstone

Doesn't seem right that they kicked him out... it was the perfect oppertunity to spit in his food.

6. person54

There's such a huge zing moment at the end of that interview.

7. maverick

Me too. Conversely, I want the right to speak disparagingly of fundamentalist Christianity in areas where it causes problems like this, and I am willing to give Christians the same right to speak disparagingly of me.

You can think I'm possessed by a demon and that I'm going to burn in a lake of fire (which I don't believe in) and I can think that you're a gullible idiot who insists on living in the Dark Ages despite the fact that it is indeed 2012.

Either way, it's a free country. I say let the Bible-thumpers say whatever they want. Let people make up their own minds about it.

[​IMG]

^ These people do more good for the gay rights movement than I'll ever manage. We look like paragons of reason in comparison. There's a ton of otherwise neutral people who will take our side just to piss them off.

8. Emberstone

If I am remebering the law right, it is unconstitutional because it grants religious people the right to hurass and criticize lgbt people, but it tries to interfere with the right of everyone else to criticize the religious people.

or is that the one in minnasota?

9. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

i have been trying to find the bill before i am too quick to judge. is there a link anywhere where i could read it?

10. No One

I actually agree with this. I think there is a VERY big difference between accepting someone and agreeing with someone. I think it is entirely possible for someone to disagree with homosexuality and still love gay people. I think a big example of this concept is my being a vegetarian. I think it is wrong to eat meat, and I am likely to voice that opinion, but I am not going to shove it in your face at every available moment, and I am most certainly not going to hate you or try and make it illegal for you to eat it.

HOWEVER, I think this is a very different case. I don't believe there is anything wrong with a student speaking out against homosexuality in a class debate, but there is ABSOLUTELY no excuses for bullying. The school environment is supposed to be safe for EVERYONE and while I fully support freedom of speech, harassment and bullying is not a form of free speech and cannot be justified in any way, including your "religious morals".

11. josemnewsom19

The actual Anti-Bullying Expenses associated with Rights supplies a powerful as well as thorough concept of violence. The newest bill’s description not just identifies violence as a damaging motion toward another student, yet as any act which intrudes on a student’s rights in class. Along with determining intimidation much more obviously, the new invoice will require that all community university, such as degree institutions, record all cases of violence or perhaps proposition towards the express. Mental reviews must be given to concepts on the day of the witnessed event and a created statement should be supplied within two days. Family members has to be notified, as well as the superintendent of universities, plus an analysis must take location within ten days of the incident. Colleges must also have a program which outlines how they may address intimidation and many types of teachers and managers must be trained to recognize as well as reply to bullying.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

The particular up to date Nj anti-bullying coverage was given a good A++ from the Bully Law enforcement, the watchdog firm that reviews upon and grades states’ anti-bullying laws. Even though the 2000 invoice simply protected specific categories of students towards bullying regarding certain causes, such as discrimination, this year's invoice protects all students, regardless of the objective regarding bullying. Furthermore, the Anti-Bullying Expenses regarding Rights consists of internet violence and also intimidation that can take place both on and off college reasons. Even though the authentic bill needed that harassment occurrences become reported, the present expenses increases about this idea simply by such as particular deadlines regarding bullying reports. This years regulation furthermore adjustments what sort of community can easily access information regarding bullying from colleges.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

If you are a corporation seeking to improve staff morale,improve productivity,or develop better customar relations skills,you may want to consider trainings to anti-bullying or school violence.If you are a social service agency,mental healthl,or Seminar about conflict resolution organization,you may be more interested in training topics related to school violence,expert witness and self Injurious Behavior or cyberbullying or Interviewing techniques for children and Adolescents.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

We have to inquire about if we're really coping with feel-good laws proposed much more for that politics acquire associated with particular chosen officials or even significant laws that will supply funded sources to serve documented as well as confirmed unmet needs. It is especially unusual that some elected authorities tend to be suggesting unfunded anti-bullying laws at a time when college security funds in order to implement such programs, along with other college safety initiatives that don't relate to bullying, are being cut.

12. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This sounds like a great idea, protect the bullies and forget about their victims... great idea. :dry:

13. LailaForbidden

Yeah... okay.. this makes sense. Because the crusades were okay too.. you know, because its was partly for religious reasons. The reconquista? slaughter of innocent jews? Totally okay. Oh and i guess suicide bombers and islamic fundamentalist geurilla fighters are cool too. They sure do have alot of religious reasons. Thanks for clearing that up tennessee.

14. No One

[​IMG]

Holy thread bump, Batman!!

15. Noir

I've never done it, but I feel like going on a trolling spree on an Anti-Gay website. :dry:

16. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I do it all the time. It's really fun, plus, it's really educational too. I learned a lot about constitutional law that way, more than I've learned in my American Constitutional law class, as a matter of fact.