1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to vent??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by djstcktn326, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Bedroom Hymns

fuck penis shit

2. Gerit

I have a terrible case of procrastination/anxiety.

I waited until the last few days to do my job application/resume/cover letter for FBLA district competition, then when I was supposed to bring it to school I forgot the flash drive in my pants at home, and our advisor got mad at me because of the accident.

I'm always worried about how people think of me. Sometimes it gets so bad that I'll stay up hours just so I can enjoy the last few hours before I have to confront them, and then it usually turns out to be no big deal.

So, I managed to get all that turned in today. I'm also feeling disappointed in how stupid the students at our school seem to be. Everyone thinks it's so fun-freaking-hilarious that they disrupt class and cause me more work.

More jumping around... I think I found the person who I am going to come out to first. She's a pretty open minded, quiet girl who has become one of my closest friends this past year. I think she already suspects something... considering she saw my Lady Gaga collection on my phone and I watched Glee with her... but oh well.

Edit: I'm still thinking about how awesome it would be if my crush was gay and we dated. He's short, broad shouldered, a little stocky, yet muscular, and he's so sweet. -le sigh-

#22 Gerit, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. scooby

Every out lesbian within a 100 mile radius of me has the same look: very visible tattoos (always more than one), Ed Hardy accessories, piercings in the nose/lip/chin/brow/tongue/cheek. Whatever, that's their biz, but I can't help wondering if this is just a style they're copying because they think that's what lesbianism "is". A nondescript piercing or two is fine, I just am not sexually attracted to anyone with metal all over their face, and every time I meet a new lesbian with this same getup, I feel incredibly lonely.

Yikes, that sounded judgy.

How about this instead: I will never, ever, ever, ever be able to speak to my parents or grandparents or brothers once they find out about my sexuality. I know this. It is a bitter feeling. I know exactly how each one will react because I've known them all for over three decades and I've discussed sexuality with them before. I also remember all too well how my aunt was treated once she came out - she disappeared, couldn't take it. They still make fun of her at family reunions. That is what is waiting for me if the double life ever gets smushed together.

Sorry to bring anyone down. This has been a bad morning. Thanks for letting me vent.

#23 scooby, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bit down and tired today because one of my cats died last night. It reminds me of all the other loved ones and animals that have died in my life. I've been to about 20 funerals/funeral homes and have had like 10 animals die. I can't remember how many to be honest. I miss them and all that jazz.

It was just really sad to feel his paw because it was frozen from death. He died in his little bed and he was alone because I'm too bad of a person to have spent enough time with him. He was an outdoor cat. I have to bury him with my mom after school today.

I was watching Toy Story 3 when it happened so that makes it even more annoying. Most fucking depressing movie ever. My advice is: Don't watch it. RIP little buddy. You will be missed. :frowning2:

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Why can't people ever leave you alone when you want to be? I am always getting bugged when I want to be alone, but when I do want to talk no one listens to me.....does this happen to anyone else?

6. Markio

Yes! Or rather, I'm always surrounded by people because I live on my college campus. I was watching TV in a lounge a few minutes ago and some random guys banged on the window right next to me. It made me so angry that I banged back twice, really hard. I hate how the immaturity of others affects me so easily sometimes!
    I need some sort of emotional outlet.

7. Thoughtsrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I cannot accept fully my homosexuality although I'm 34 and this is extremely upsetting for me to not have a boyfriend. I don't like my body and I'm very self-conscious.
    2. When I eventually went to the gym and had a hot body, I wasn't that interested in having a boyfriend, didn't have time and didn't find it right anyway.
    3. I chose a career in banking where I had to repress my gayness even more; I gave up this career because it was becoming obvious and ridiculous. I wasted years studying things I wasn't supposed to study and work stupid 'high potential' corporate jobs I wasn't supposed to work.
    4. I'm now more straight acting than ever. I've internalized the homophobia of my family, my catholic education and of the corporate world (at least in the countries where I was living) to the point of still being at war with myself. It would be easier for me to play the conservative bigot.
    5. To try to get financial freedom, and get out of the corporate world, I started up a business in a small town in Canada which is extremely isolated where I have no friends. I've still not reached the objective although I'm progressing.
    6. I'm tired to fight because I feel I've fought so much for the wrong things, I'm not even sure if I'm fighting the good fight.

I feel so f***d up in terms of my identity and my sexuality, it's like I tried to live somebody else's life the whole time...:icon_sad:

8. IanGallagher

No one really notices me online. Girls practically ignore me online. Sites. Yet, I've had girls notice me offline? Just the other day even I timed it just right when taking off my coat making the waitress blush and do a double take. Plus two nights ago when I was with a friend at a theater - the girl was eyeing me. Then weeks ago a girl smiled at me then pointed me out to her mom. All were very hot. What the hell? Why is this offline and not online as well?

#28 IanGallagher, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  9. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    IanGallagher...You prefer the internet?
    My venting is more of a question. I like emptyclosets I really do and what I want to know is if theirs a site like this for mental illness. I just have a ton of things going on in my head. I quit drinking 28 days ago and going to AA meetings I don't have the desire to go out and get drunk but all this anxiety is setting in. I need like online therapy or something 2-3 weeks ago I'm in a state of crisis now I'm in a state of fear things aren't all that bad I know that but I need some place as healthy as this but for what I'm dealing with. The depression and anxiety the manic episodes and the paranoia

10. IanGallagher

I have a trouble approaching people, thus if I can meet girls online then take it offline? That'd work for me. As is, I still need to work over being overly shy to get anything done it seems like. Hot girls have noticed me, but due to some fucked up barriers in time I can never follow through with it. So yeah, it is frustrating that real life in those regards isn't replicated online.

#30 IanGallagher, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  11. FJ Cruiser

I've slept on it, and I'm still pissed I paid $8.50 on that stupid movie. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is literally the most boring movie I have ever seen. The reviews on IMdB are more pretentious as the movie, telling me that if I don't understand and/or like the movie, then I'm not mature or intelligent enough. The group I watched it with consisted of four National Merit Finalists and two Ivy League students, and none of us understood/cared about it.

It's simply a case of the Emperor's New Clothes, especially from movie snobs on this side of the Atlantic. Just because it's a British movie with stodgy old British actors doesn't automatically make it some brilliant intellectual thriller. It means that they have even less of an excuse for how terrible it was. No one connects to the characters, and the plot is lost in convoluted details and pointless timeline changes. I don't care how good the cinematography is; I don't like watching a man think for minutes on end. It should have stayed a book/mini-series.

P.S. I actually have nothing against British entertainment (I partake in some of it myself). I just don't like the attitude that many Americans take that just because it's British means it's better and more intelligent.

12. Hexagon

i hate shit in my life

13. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe you show people something in person thats hard to replicate online. Something girls find attractive. I know when I log into facebook every post is cliche and like reading a bunch of fortune cookie. Everyone is sort of the same online it would be kind of hard to stand out online and get attention from girls. Its hard not being able to talk to girls well its something that can destroy confidence and self esteem. I would try being honest in person and explaining your not good with words or whatever. Probably wont get you very far. My friend worked as a car salesman he said he would just talk and talk and talk until they bought the car. He was one of the best salesman there. Then again he's always done well with the ladies.

14. IanGallagher

All they see is my appearance really. Also I probably sound "fake" or intimidating with everything I've achieved by my age already, but I really don't know how to change that. I'm in good shape now too, so girls noticing me offline has significantly increased. So I doubt it's appearance now due to all of that. Or maybe it's like how some guys I wouldn't normally find attractive through pictures only I fall for in person somehow just seeing them there in person. Like the camera lens takes away something somehow. I don't know. Because today at the gym - yet another girl looked my way and smiled. I should also point out - I have social anxiety disorder... it's like I crossed one bridge (getting girls to look at me and like what they see) now I have a complete new one standing in my way. It fucking sucks...

#34 IanGallagher, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  15. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

My least favorite thing happened, it SNOWED!!! Grrrr......:tantrum::***:

16. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let see I finally came out to my sister and it went well! I need to start coming out more to my friends! Although all my coming out has been positive I still feel crappy like there is something wrong with me and it makes me wanna go back into the closet! Coming out is really hard sometimes! I've been thinking about going out and doing more stuff to meet more people! I don't really drink so going to a club seems not my style!

17. steel03

DUDE ROOMMATE YOU'RE GREAT AND EVERYTHING BUT STOP LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER WHEN I'M ON MY LAPTOP.
    I would also like for you to stop grinding coffee at midnight and/or 8:00am and for you to use the LADDER to get down from your bed LIKE A NORMAL PERSON instead of jumping and waking me up!

18. Étoile

I'm having trouble getting over my crush.

I tell myself that we never pursued anything further because he was a closet case. It's easier that way. In reality, I know that even if he is, we'd still never work. Our interests are complete opposites, our personalities are barely compatible, the annoying habits of his outweigh the positive ones and vice versa for him. He's told me in detail more than once how we are too different for each other. I agreed and can completely rationalize what he's saying. If a miracle occurred and we were to date, we'd break up soon after.

Still, it hurts to think of what could've been. I dread seeing him around campus and having to pretend like he wasn't a part of my life, however small it was. I know there's a guy out there perfect for me, but for right now, I'm still stuck in the past.

19. Mellowish

I guess I'll join the circle by asking a simple question: What's the word for someone who is being so closed off and private?

20. KittyBoy

Dear Boss,

I hate your guts. You make me work 8 days in a bloody row! It is not fair on me that you can't get off your fat lazy arse and find other people to work! Also it is bloody summer! Our store doesn't even have air conditioning! If you don't give me Australia Day off the following week, so I wont be sent to hospital for heat stroke like last time, you and your bosses will find what it is like to on the receiving end of a OHS and FairWork investigation!