1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How hard was coming out for you?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Menaki-Neko, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Colton

2. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

It was really easy to come out to my family, though it took me three or four days to tell my mom and I cried a little when I finally spilled the beans.

I haven't told any one else, yet, officially.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was quite easy for me to come out to the people I trusted. I'm not in the closet but my extended family doesn't know. At least if they do, I haven't told them. I feel I don't really need to either. But I'm happy with the people who matter to me being supportive. :slight_smile: But coming out was easy for me once I did it once and got the hang of it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. JamesD

Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. Also, probably one of the most rewarding.

5. Koll

Oh geez. Coming out to my mom was a joke and I found out some-bits, about her.

Basically we were in the garage and I was crying.. basically my ex and me were in a bit of a fight. She spoke up and went 'What's wrong?' Didn't tell her because hurr

Basically she spoke up in her most sincere voice and said "You're still my baby, I hate seeing your heart hurt. I know what's going on and I love you regardless; Please open up to me and stop hurting".

I ran away for two days, she found me, etc, she came out to ME which was a bit weird, but being single for so many years I should of figured otherwise..

It was pretty cool. Came out to her too, it was.. cool. lol

6. sometimesbetter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Extremely, extremely hard. But I'm glad I did. Although, they still think that I should keep my mind open, just in case "miracles" happen, and I keep telling them, well, what if they don't? What are you gonna do then? Sigh. The best thing is that my family is loving. I don't really care for their support. Some things they will never be comfortable with, and that's okay. I just want them to love me no matter what. And some things can just be omitted from conversations––ignorance is bliss (not something I recommend, but what can you do?)

7. Aareon

Well, it was hard in the begining when I was comming out to myself but when it came to other people I didn't really say that I was pansexual because I didn't bother to explain to them. All I really said was "I like girls and I like boys."
    I suppose I was scared for my parent's reactions but they didn't really care for it.
    Now I don't bother telling people. Noone really needs to know who I prefer unless it comes up in conversation or they ask.

8. BudderMC

Both easy and hard.

Accepting myself for the most part was relatively smooth. Deciding I needed to come out, who to tell first, and when to do it, was relatively smooth. When the time came, I've never been more terrified in my life. But it was a good sort of terrified; like you can't wait for what's about to come in the next 30 seconds after it's over with, but you've conditioned yourself to not go past that barrier.

9. shampooi

Horrible.
    Wasn't exactly my choice, my mom stormed out in the middle of a fight and asked me, loads of tears and me begging her not to tell my dad, she did anyway and that was even more horrible.
    It did get better with time, my mom is alright with it and my dad has ignored it for six years. It is definitely not a topic of conversation, but I can deal with that :slight_smile: