1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Dec 29, 2011.

1. confused102188

Do you ever hope that characters is movies willl turn out to be gay? I'll be watching a movie and I'll either get a cruch on one of the guys in the movie or I'll really relate to them and want them to be gay. It happens at almost every movie I watch.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

awh hun your not alone in this

3. caughtbywitness

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson) xD

4. FleetFish

I see gay couples in just about every movie/TV show I watch.

JD/Dr. Cox, Frodo and Sam, Lupin/Sirius... I know I'm not the only one!

5. Pilgrim is hot

It's got to be JD and Turk if anyone out of scrubs, now if they could only get rid of that pesky Carla :slight_smile:

Oh and answer to the question yes sometimes but not every movie, In Sideways I kinda wanted Paul giamattis character and the other main guy to end up together, would of been a way better ending :slight_smile:

6. Emergelove

Of course! In fact many movies and TV series often portray close friendships between male characters instead of a romantic relationship just to make the show or movie more palatable for the larger heterosexual or rather homophobic audience. Eg the imaginary friend of Russel Crowe's character in A beautiful mind. If you read the book then it's clear it is his male lover who they morphed into a delusion in the movie.

I see it in many movies and shows but not all.

#6 Emergelove, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. jargon

Frodo and Sam for sure! And I'm pretty sure Legolas is into guys too :wink:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's VERY rare that I expect or want a character to be gay. I can't even say I look for hints or suggestions. If they end up being so, that's fine, but I usually just accept them however they're served to me.

I've twice had dreams that a cartoon character was gay. The first one didn't seem to make much sense in context of the cartoon, since he was usually panting after a girl he couldn't have, and didn't seem much interested in the same sex. The second one, however, DID sort of make sense, so after that point, I just sort of considered him "the gay one", even if he wasn't. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. stumble along

what, lupin and sirius???

but what about tonks?!?! tonks is lupins wife and shes cool whatwhatwhat

and for OP, yes, i never saw the movie but that percy jackson guy me gusta

10. IanGallagher

Sherlock Holmes / Watson... Xavier/Eric (X-Men)...

Both have had actors joking that they're bisexual behind the scenes within the film. Saying bisexual since all have shown interest towards women.

I do sometimes wonder if some guys in films lean both ways, since some are open about thinking about guys at times or wondering what guys think of them. Stiles on 'Teen Wolf' (MTV) spent a lot of the series wondering what the gay lacrosse player thought of him lol.

Being bi, trust me, we can easily blend in and blend out when we want to. Kind of like being chameleons. Thus, anyone is potentially a swinger.

11. RebelD

Your definitely not alone in this one! I happens a lot, but in the end if all the couples are happy then I'm satisfied. But I think its just human nature. We want characters we can relate to and often we want stories to go our way. Unfortunately we are the minority. But it would be nice if some of those single characters could hook up from time to time. I mean who wants to be alone?? :grin:

12. Ianthe

I often wish there were more gay characters in movies and shows, and books for that matter. I especially think masculine queer people (of both sexes) are underrepresented. (Sadly, I think the reason that feminine gay men and lesbians are somewhat more represented is that, because of misogyny, we are perceived as weaker and therefore less threatening. Awesome.)

I'd definitely say I wish they were, rather than I hope they are, though. I know they aren't. :icon_sad:

13. tiredofsleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just watched the new s. Holmes today... his character really is kinda gay lol and the actor isnt too bad looking either if u ask me

14. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am an ardent Drarry- Draco and Harry- fan, personally. Somehow, I can't see any lesbian couples there haha.

I'm like Lex though- if the character is presented to me as straight, thats how I take them :slight_smile:

There are certainly actresses that I want to be at least bi though!

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2011 at 12:27 PM ----------

And I totally agree on Lupin/Sirius lol. They are totally meant for each other.

15. confused102188

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think we need more gay couples on TV and movies! male and female

16. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Yes, it's happened to me before and actually came true once. I was watching The War Boys and it got very gay very fast. I'm not complaining...

17. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We totally do. I loved Buffy for making Willow as lesbian :grin:

18. FleetFish

Strangely, I liked Xena with Ares or Callisto over Gabrielle. Gabs is annoys and should be punted in the face. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Xena/Cally could totally have an angry lesbian hookup. Cally is her stalker, anyway. It works!