1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like Christmas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Dec 14, 2011.

?

Do you like Christmas?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2011.
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Have mixed feelings

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. No

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. Weswi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love christmas, it's the only time of the year you won't hear me complain about the weather, and believe me I do it all the time!

2. Aya McCabre

Christmas seems to come with compulsory traditions for a northern hemisphere winter.... and they're simply not relevant here. Since my parents grew up with a winter xmas (and since every advert, every tv show, every news paper article, half the people on facebook.... pretty much everyone insists that you have to pretend it's winter) I end up bored out of my mind begging to go out somewhere. It's the middle of summer ffs, days off should be spent out of the house.
    It also comes at absolutely the worst time of year as far as money goes. Student leases go from January to December, so I'm trying to save for movers to get into my new flat two weeks after xmas. Since uni is done for the year I don't get my student living costs and I'm currently paying more for food than I get every week. I have $6 in my bank account. I've gone from borrowing to live to eating into the savings I acquired by freezing my ass off all winter just so that I can make rent over summer. Xmas presents? Not cool.
    And then there's the vegan thing. My dad gave me a speech about how I'm going to dye from malnutrition when he found out I was vegetarian, so he kinda doesn't know I'm vegan. He also doesn't know my friends know me by a different name.... the same friends who are sending me xmas cards to his address. I predict some fun questions this xmas. x.x

[/rant]

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I love looking at the christmas tree, with the decorations all twinkly and shiny, and presents around. I like the warmth feeling of it when the fire is on.

4. Markio

Being around my family generally makes me sad. It differs from year to year, depending on whether my parents are still talking to each other and which siblings are at the house, and stuff like that.

I like how I don't really have to worry about school for a few weeks, though. Well, except now I'm trying to look at graduate school applications.

5. starfish

Eh I could take it or leave it.

6. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

The food, yes. Christmas itself? No.

7. seeksanctuary

I don't celebrate Christmas... and to be honest, it always gets my goat when that is pretty much all people see as "the real winter holiday". :/

That and it makes me want to vomit, every year I hear about poor people getting trampled to death over stupid fucking toys/games/whatever. So damn pointless. I'm sure those kids would rather have had their loved one for the holidays than an XBox.

So... meh. The holiday itself? I don't care about it. The holiday season surrounding it? Makes me gag. Puts me in the "I don't like it" pile I suppose. :[

8. MommaFrog

freaking HATE Christmas... it has to be "Perfect" with the "Perfect tree" and the "perfect gifts" that are wrapped "perfectly".... Its full of being told how much better than me the rest of the family is. Its a reminder that I don't fit in, and this year I can't even afford to give gifts to my daughter. I've been able to buy her ONE thing on my own....

This Christmas was supposed to be a first, as a family (me my now soon to be ex husband and our daughter) but instead its just a remind of what he did to me, and that he never cared, and that my life is beyond fucked up...

9. Tracker57

Arghhhhhhh! Everything about Christmas is just STUFF! Materialism on steroids. And, you worry about who's going to be disappointed and about what. Everyone wants and wants and wants! I hate this! I would much rather give people presents throughout the year (and I do) rather than do a massive gift dump at year end.
    Give me Thanksgiving any time!!! Feast and family without the fuss.
    (And yes, my family calls me a grinch.)
    Tracker

10. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

I love christmas cause its just seems like a relaxing time even though its supposed to be stressful because of present buying