1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly girls are "cute"?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mister E, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mister E

Well, I've generally accepted that I'm 97% attracted to guys, but for some reason today was different. I still found myself attracted to guys the same (some really cute, others not so much), but randomly all the girls at my school got really cute.And I mean all. Not even attractive cute. Cute like in cartoons and they are just... "cute". I am not really sure why either. I've been occasionally doubting myself, but I am pretty sure that its just post-acceptance stuff since I'm not completely comfortable with it yet.

Not sure if it will be permanent or if it was just today. Has anyone had this phenomenon? It really threw me off today.

2. needshelp

happens to me regularly. saw a stunningly beautiful woman yesterday but wasn't attracted to her like that. her boyfriend wasn't all that good looking though. he was okay but cool. but yeah, don't let it fool you though. there's something that sets off a spark in me when i see an attractive man that doesn't happen with me when i see an attractive woman. just because you find a woman beautiful looking or attractive doesn't mean that you're straight. :tears: the empty closet community set me straight on that.

#2 needshelp, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  3. Sunandmoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's one thing to appreciate and admire the beauty of another human being, but it's another to want to have a deep connection like a relationship or have sexual desires for someone. I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe you were just in a good mood today. I've sometimes seen women who look good in public, but I know I wouldn't feel comfortable having a relationship with them.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very common response. It's like your unconscious going "Wait, wait! See? I can still be attracted to women" just as you're accepting it. But if everything else points to gay, then it's just that sort of last gasp in the moment. I'm betting it won't last.

5. Drowzee64

I've had days like that.

It's pretty normal to occasionally be able to appreciate the beauty of a woman, it happens to me.

6. Hidinginalabama

Ya it happens to me too. But when it does I really dont think of them other than cute.

7. Jessica816

I find men attractive all the time, its just a very different kind of attraction then when I see a beautiful woman...It's normal to feel attraction to others :slight_smile: