1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your straight guy friend(s)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex19, Nov 11, 2011.

1. jsoccer009

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I became really good friends with a straight guy after we studied abroad together. I was having guy trouble to the point he could tell something was wrong. During our trip nothing ever came up so I never said anything, but he asked what was wrong so decided just to be open and started to explain about me and the guy.

Its like he didn't even notice or care I said "me and this guy..." and just tried to figure everything out since it was a bit complicated. He ended up saying that it I shouldn't worry about him because he clearly didn't see my worth.

It was such a good response since I didn't even say I was gay, just explained my relationship issues and he was fine. He's a really good friend that I tell stuff to :slight_smile:

2. Techcompu2

I'm sorry for how long this will be
    Somewhere in summer/fall 2010 I was wanting to come out to a couple of my close straight guy friends, though for a while I kept making up excuses so as to not do it. At one point, in order to give myself a way to almost make myself come out, I created a tag (basically Microsoft's version of a QR code), and what this tag did, is when scanned by my phone, it would auto open a webpage that just had the words "I'm Gay!" in big letters on it. I kept this tag under the battery cover on my phone, knowing that I am regularly having to pull the battery out, and in doing so, the tag would fall out. I knew that I would eventually need to do this around them, and they would ask what the tag was, so I would have to scan it to show them. Well after a while of not having needed to pull it around them, I showed another friend, who I was already out to, and when i closed the browser, it saved the page. Later that day I gave one of my close friends a ride home, and as it was raining heavily, we were both mostly soaked. He asked me to look something up online with my phone, and so when I opened the browser, it reopened the "I'm Gay" page. (please note, I am driving, and he is sitting behind me looking over my shoulder. Normally I wouldn't be using my phone while driving, but traffic was bad, so we were basically in a stand still.)
    T: Does that say I'm Gay?
    me: Yeah
    T: Why?
    Me: Cause I am...
    T:astonished:k then. (we switch subjects here)

Before taking him home, I have to get my sister from school, so we drive over to her school which has not gotten out yet. After we park, T remembers he has a spare shirt in his bag. He thinks for a moment, then says: "You've seen me when we have gone swimming, so i don't care." (he takes off his soaked shirt to put on the other one)

We get my sister and I take him home. the next day I decided to text him to be sure he didn't have a problem with me being gay, and he was fine with it.

He later on figured out that I had a huge crush on him, even though I wouldn't have ever acted on it. When he figured that out, it freaked him out a bit, but he got over it, but his girlfriend decided to force him to not be my friend as she thought I would try to make him gay, so for around 5 months she kept us from being friends.

Again, sorry for length!

3. Alex19

man.. im gone for a couple weeks and i come back to alot of great stories!

for the ones that may not have ended up so greatly, keep ur head up; things will get better!!!

4. King

King Guest

I don't have ANY friends that are boys, gay or straight. The boys I work with, however, seem to be a'ight with gay people as long as a gay person isn't hitting on them (one guy was hit on at the bar by a gay guy... he almost punched him in the face, but later said he's okay with gays... hmmm)

5. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far I've only come out to three of my straight guy friends (although one of them I think is a closet case) and I haven't had any bad reactions. The one I think is closeted thought I was joking when I came out to him (I heard this second-hand) and the next time I saw him he was overtly awkward, but since then he has acted "normal" around me. The other two guys are supportive of gays, so it wasn't an issue at all for them.

A few other straight friends know I'm gay, but they either guessed it or heard second-hand. They still treat me the same. My close friends are mostly girls though, so it wasn't as hard to come out to them. And one of my friends, who I thought was straight, came out to me as bisexual after I came out to him as gay.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

Awwww, he sounds awesome. :slight_smile:

7. Mad Man L

Meh, their reaction was a typical straight guy reaction. A bit shocked/surprised, that's it. They weren't exactly supportive or anything like that, but weren't negative.

Some of them treat me slightly differently, but I think the main thing is now they ask me to rate everybody based on how hot they are...

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

The first people I came out to was two straight guys who I have barely known for 3 months... lol Everything went alright, they said it was okay, after this I came out to my parents... they gave me the light that I needed.

9. Alex19

thats good to hear!