1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your straight guy friend(s)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex19, Nov 11, 2011.

1. BenIsScared

I've came out to 3 close friends who are straight guys. The first one is totally cool with it, and me and him have went on vacation together, slept in the same bed, and he defends gays all the time. But he's completely straight! :slight_smile:

When I told the second guy I was gay, his response was "wait, that's really the secret? I thought it was gonna be something bad!" and he talks to me about who I think is hot all the time.

I just told the third guy over the weekend. His response? "(jokingly)So, how would you feel about a threesome with me and [the second guy]?" Haha. I LOVE it when straight guys are accepting! :slight_smile:

2. mike90

I told several of my straight friends and they were mostly accepting of it. It is rather funny really because a lot of straight guys who I did not get on with too well originally actually became closer to me, I think partly out of respect for me being honest with them about it.

There was the odd idiot who got all offended, but they are generally recognised as closet cases anyway so it was not a big worry for me. More often than not the guys I thought would have hated me for it defended me. One guy said, and I quote, "I am not gay, but if it comes to proving that there is nothing wrong with being gay then I will kiss you in front of them. I would not find it sexually arousing but would do it none the less because you are a mate, and I look after my mates".

Oddly enough there was a whole episode at my school where two or three religious kids didn't want me getting changed for PE in the same room as them and after being told I need to change in the toilets the decision was reversed rapidly when literally the rest of the class also changed in the toilets and left the original moaners in the changing rooms :grin: xx

3. Pilgrim is hot

Do you like go to the best school ever :eusa_clap

4. wolfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same with me. When I told my best (girl)friend, she ran off and told every close friend she had. About 5 minutes later, I was bombarded by people yelling at me asking if I like shopping... Hilarious.:lol:

5. Alex19

i wanna hear more!!! lol

6. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This guy I've been friends with since childhood is a straight guy. I came out to him and he was like, omg that's the second time this has happened to me this month!
    He was completely surprised but always so supportive. He was actually offended that I told another friend before him

7. hert3583

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At Uni I have a group of friends of mainly straight guys, girls and bi girls and a bi guy. When I told them they were all really supportive and helpful, and one of the straight guys sat with me the other night and helped me talk through some of the stuff I am going to say to my mum and dad when I come out to them. I love them all! This guy in particular tells me daily how gay I am, and I have been able to chat pretty openly with them all about anything.

8. steel03

I've been incredibly lucky to have a group of straight guy friends who understand my sexuality exactly as they should: as an irrelevant aspect of my character. They don't make a big deal about it, but they also don't ignore it. They just get that they want girls and I want guys. Loooove them for that.

9. mAOz

I've not told any straight guys yet, I think one or two know tho... Only 2 straight girls and one Bi guy know for sure!

10. BudderMC

Awesome so far.

They've offered to sit and listen when I need to get stuff off my chest. One of them even said he can now point out cute guys to me too (he does that with his girl friends, so it's not surprising). He also mentioned how this doesn't change anything, and he'll still be walking around in mostly just boxers all the time. xD

But all in all, like he said and I wanted, nothing's changed. They still run around and make jokes all the time, like usual. And comment on how nice boobs are; they just know I couldn't care less. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. b0i70y

Until eighth grade, all my friends were straight. They all didn't care when I told them I was bisexual, and most were actually curious and supportive.

In ninth grade, one of my friends told me he was gay, and it was like a dam had broke.

I still have all the same friends, only difference is most of them are LGBT now. xD

Straight people were like a minority in my class.

12. javgier

i came out to two of my bestest friends ever in a group session called "no secrets" there really supportive, and hands down just great pplz :grin:

13. Alex19

nice! everything sounds good u guys! im happy to hear these great stories :slight_smile:

14. Seraph

I used to have a crush on my bestfriend and came out to him (even the crush), but he denied it, we did argued and became strangers for about 2 months, but time gone by and I got over him, since we went to the same school/classes, we can't avoid facing each other so the "Reset button was hit", our friendship turned back just like before, more than that we will go to the same college, live in the same house, etc. as we planned, and he even promised to find me another guy (or girl) lol.

15. jargon

Just came out to my best male friend (the first guy to know!) a little over a week ago.

A good (female) friend of ours had just had a family member pass away, and we were hanging out playing pool talking about it. I told him I had some big news to tell him, but that I wanted to wait for a better time, since the circumstances were so depressing. As a joke he says, "Lemme guess - you're gay!" I waited till we met up with that friend of ours to tell him he had been more or less right without knowing it. She already knew, so it gave her a good laugh :lol:

Probably more importantly, he's totally fine with it and supportive, as with everyone else I've told so far. I know there are a few coming-outs that aren't going to be so eay, but I feel so lucky to have such an accepting, open-minded friend-group. :slight_smile:

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out 95% of straight friends were ok with it (and 5% aren't my friends anymore)

Some even try to hook me up.

I'd been friends with most of them for over 4 years my best friend, who was a little homophobic, has come a long way since I came out to him.

I think most homophobes just don't know any

17. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

There was a friend in my other school that knew that I was gay (I think someone told him). He was cool with that and he even helped me sometimes, talking with me about some problems I had.
    Everybody in my class and people I talk to in school, know I'm gay; anyway, today this guy in my class (strigth) asked me if another guy who was with a girl was gay. He was like: hey, one question. Do you think she is his grilfriend or you think he is gay? they are always together.
    LOL

18. dairyuu

I'm out to all my male friends (from last year anyways, I'm only out to one at high school) and they were all fine with it. One didn't believe me at first, and I had to have all my girl-friends text him and confirm it. Most of my guy friends were like "cool. whatever." Also, when I told my mom, the first thing she said was "but you went and stayed at (friend mentioned above who didn't believe me)'s house in Texas over the summer! You slept in the same room! He was ok with it?" and I was like "Well, yeah mom. It's not a big deal. It's not like I'm in love with him."

#38 dairyuu, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  19. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told one of my close brothers in my fraternity who is straight. He was really accepting and cool with it, as well as promised to keep it to himself. He said it wasn't going to effect our friendship, and so far it hasn't changed anything. I know he's going to be a good support when I tell the rest of my brothers.

20. EnglishTeenS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All of mine seem to be fine with it, they even ask to go on double dates and stuff. It hasn't really changed anything for me thankfully, I haven't experienced any disgust or homophobia (Touch wood) Althoug telling male straight friends was very hard...