Gaydar stories?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sethrowe, Oct 24, 2011.

1. femmegirl411

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Funny this thread is here, I met a girl who was very obvious lesbian. I started hardcore crushing/flirting with her and I totally assumed she knew I was a lesbian. It was quite a shock to her when I told her I was, though I thought it was obvious lol.

MY gaydar however is not too shabby. I can usually tell, even with pretty girly lesbians. Its usually dead on, however sometimes it isn't. Its like sometimes its broken, lol :slight_smile:

2. FJ Cruiser

Aside from the obvious ones, I don't really have a well-functioning gaydar. Either that, or every single guy that I meet in the average day is straight.:confused:

3. TraceElement

My new manager... I have had my suspicions that he may be on the LGBT spectrum somewhere and yesterday someone was looking for him and my supervisor "He's i the closet!" And I was pretty much rolf because of my suspicions.

4. needshelp

i think someone that was sitting behind me during this meeting at this lecture hall is gay. he sounds like it.

5. reallyrandomguy

Oddly enough, I had a feeling that one of the girls in my video production class was heterosexually challenged. However, the closest I have come to guessing a guy's orientation was the first meeting of my school's recently restarted GSA. Somewhat unsurprisingly, every single guy there is gay. (I've kept thinking "I find your lack of heterosexual guys... disturbing." during every single meeting.)

Of course, I barely showed up on a female friend's gaydar, and she's normally pretty good about guessing orientations. When I asked her, she said that she had a hunch when I told her "I don't like you in THAT way" after prom.

6. Happy Vampire

My gaydar is pretty good when it come to other men. I have been wrong twice. The first time I think lust took over completely and didn't even give m gaydar a chance and the second time was just a few weeks ago.This guy who I have a class with seems like he is totally gay. Mannerisms, his way of talking, and what he talks about. And I only see him around other chicks. So I asked around and everyone thinks he is gay. So I ask him. He didn't get defensive or anything. He just said no and asked why I thought he was gay. I told him he laughed and said everyone thinks he is gay for about the same reasons and he walked away. Giving his cool composure during the thing he is either just trying to mess with people or he actually is straight.
    I am about to sick my best friend on him though to figure it out. She has the most amazing gaydar. She can pick out gays and lesbians like it is her job. I think the best one was we were walking through the mall and we went into the candy store. Just after walking in she told me the girl at the register was lesbian. Fifteen minutes later we walk out with some free candy and my friend had a number and a date two night later.

7. needshelp

all of you in here claiming to have gaydar. i would love for you guys to test your gaydar on me. i'm pretty sure that most if not all of you would fail. :icon_wink

8. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Ugh.. mine works but makes me shy.

Quite often I'll catch eyes with someone and they will smile and there is an understanding that 'he knows the drill'. But it isn't enough to positively affirm the other person is gay. I usually get shy and stutter when that happens and they talk to me.

How embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Gaydar exists though.. sometimes I will just know I'm not the only gay in the village.

9. Valeyard

I kicked mine out of the window years ago. I was always wrong, unless the guy was super obvious. And I never tried with girls.

10. Tiny Catastrophe

My gaydar seems to be always on. I think one of the funniest stories of my gaydar was with my best friend (who is now my girlfriend lol). When I first met her I didn't really talk to her but I just had this feeling about her. When I got to know her she was talking about getting with these guys and everything and then she told me she had dated a girl before and that she was bisexual and I responded with "Yeah I kinda figured something like that." and she was all paranoid when I told her I could just tell because she thought she made it obvious or something which was funny to me. I had a feeling she wasn't just bi tho and a few months later she said she realized she's a lesbian and again my response was pretty much the same as the one before. I find that funny. I did that to my best guy friend when he told me he was bi lol. Love my gaydar.

11. bambam07

I laugh every time I see someone else who I suspect to be gay/lesbian/bi/etc, and I have no idea why. Not an outward "LOLOLOL" kind of laugh, but I'm just like, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're gay." I tend to be right when it comes to TV characters/celebrities and 50% accurate in real life.

12. Darquesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar is almost flawless with women, but give me a man and I'm pretty much f***ed.

13. Aielar

My gaydar used to be almost dysfunctional entirely, but its slowly getting better lol. Apparently I set off other people's gaydars very fast though. Anyways, I've only met...three gay people in my life, so yeah, haven't really tested my gaydar out yet.

14. Youngbutproud

My gaydar is absolutely nonexistent there is one guy who in every single way is the stereotype gay guy but still won't admit it and actually does go out with a lot of girls damn gaydar

15. Valeyard

I sit next to a really cute guy in one of my classes. Because he's so gorram cute, I start to pay attention to his manner, to see if he's gay. He crossed his legs, and I thought to myself "Glee! :grin: He's gay! (!)" It turns out he wasn't, and I wasn't the first to think he was. I've stopped trusting my gaydar. It never occurred to me that a couple of guys were gay, even though it was common knowledge that they were.

16. FleetFish

I have zero gaydar. :frowning2:

People have told me that I "walk like a guy" thus setting off gaydars.

Huh. Ok...

17. pace e amore

18. stumble along

i set one off myself
    and so far i havent been wrong and im kinda hoping it stays that way for the next couple of cases haha.

19. jargon

All this talk of gaydar reminds me of the time I (apparently) set someone's off senior year of high school. Some girl walked up to a friend of mine and asked her if I was gay while we were getting breakfast in the cafeteria. She said "no" because I was very much questioning then, and I didnt want to say anything about it at the time, but she told me about it afterwards, in a joking kind of way. My the time we sat down to eat I was shaking so hard I wouldnt hold the knife to put cream cheese on my bagel and she had no idea why...

20. Rooni321

My gayday is getting a lot better. There was this one girl at the fights I was at who I thought was really effing cute and then I heard her talking to her friend and she said "no, I don't have a girlfriend right now" <3
    She was so cute, when she had to pass by me she put her hand on me and said "sorry momma! :slight_smile:".
    lmao, I love when girls call me that :grin: