1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i meet other gay guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thesasmaster, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Thesasmaster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im bi, but at this point im only interested in guys (for dating) and i was wondering how or where i could meet other guys
    :eek:

2. rocking23

If you're 15, sorry, but there's not much you can do :frowning2:
    Besides the typical GSA at your school (if you have one) or maybe a youth group in you area.

3. Thesasmaster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I go to a religious school so i dont have one... i can wait i guess

4. Rinamir Mortem

One would say Gay Bars are a good option but I think you would have to wait some time before that becomes an option :grin:

Other than that you would just have to look around. As with all things patience plays a great part in the game of life and love and so have a good explore. Perhaps ask any friends if they know any guys looking for guys.

Of course, you may have a weekly LGBT meeting like I do at Uni so it may be worth looking/asking around to see if such things exist where you are.

Ultimately, it is a case of seeking and waiting. Besides, the right guy may end up approaching you in the end.

Happy hunting!

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Wherever there are people, there will probably be gay people. Just go places where there are people you get along with (other clubs aside from a GSA, hang-out spots, wherever you can go to meet people), play the waiting game long enough, and you'll meet a gay guy. You might be waiting a while, but if you go somewhere where you already have something in common, your chances will be that much better.

6. pronua

Tell me about it, I don't know a single gay person in real life, and to join my school's GSA - the best way to meet other gay students - I would need to come out of the closet. :frowning2:

7. Ianthe

Yeah, one of the most important things you can do is to make sure people know that you are primarily interested in meeting guys. If you are really open about your sexuality, it makes it much more likely that you and potential partners will find each other.

Unfortunately, most gay people are still closeted to some degree at 15, so that makes it harder. (Many people are not even out to themselves at your age, which makes dating them pretty near impossible.)

This, too, shall pass.

8. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

my school doesn't have a GSA, although we have a gay rights day like second to last day of school.... and most people are in locked in the closet. Only a few know I'm gay. despite the fact that I have been describe by everyone who meets me as flamboyant (my teacher actually called my mom about my grades and my mom ask how I was in her class XD and said that XD) they think I'm a metro sexual with bad dating luck -.- people are clueless. and I hate stereotypes but I do fit some... -.-

9. LegitRomance

Haha. My friend had the same people.
    But he used sites like MyYearbook to meet other guys in our town then they'd meet up and it worked for him.
    The only thing I'd have to warn you about is the fact that like 45% of the users on that site are straight up posers. :/

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 06:31 PM ----------

*problem.
    I can't type xD

10. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 15 and way in the closet. I'm always on the lookout for other gay guys in my school. Not working as of right now lol. I guess I have to try harder >.>

11. LegitRomance

Well try coming out to a few trusted people. That'll help you in the long run. But I wouldn't come out fully quite yet.. >.>

12. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out a few weeks ago to one girl I knew i could trust... My problem is i play sports for the high school soooooooooooo it would be bad for anyone to know lol. I'm not even remotly afraid of the potential physical abuse since I happen to play football and have a facination with martial arts but I'm rather scared to see my teams reaction

13. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    u r brave! I hope most ppl were cool 2 U
    I am new to this site....takin it r-e-a-l-ly slow u know

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 07:14 PM ----------

how do u decide who to come out 2?...some of friends know but don't tell anyone...I think

14. LegitRomance

The longer you put it off the harder time your going to have since you'll be so used to lying and denying it when people start to figure it out.
    And honestly, if they're worth your time, they'll still respect you. If not, they can rot in hell.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:26 PM ----------

You usually pick trusted people in your life. It all depends on the person so I honestly can't answer you completely.

15. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "lying and denying" that's a great way to say it...I am going to use that...thanks!!!

16. LegitRomance

Um, your welcome? o-o

17. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

anyway I don't really trust anyone on the internet for real life- relationships or dating, as 60% something are fakes

18. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i think so 2...but i still learn kool stuff...i have some ways of meeting new ppl...maybe it will work 4 u 2...

19. LegitRomance

Honestly, I'd rather die then date online. That's the stupidest thing anyone could do. Well besides being under 18 and sending nudes. That's just disgusting and people need to grow up.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:49 PM ----------

I wouldn't use online...idk about you, but in my town we actually have a dance club open for people under the age of 18...that's where my idiot friends go.
    (Yes, I can call them idiots, we all refer to each other as idiots cuz we're that close, haha)

20. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never tried dating on line or even dating anywhere. I don't think anyone can date on line. I think a date means u have to hanging with someone...but I know who I meet ppl to hang with and it sure is not on line.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Meeting ppl can be weird and exciting 2. Mostly I meet ppl by hanging out with ppl I already know. It is kind of like snowball....before u know it 2 friends become 3 and then four...maybe once you find the first one or two who like u 4 who u are things will get better...