Nerd Herd

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by malachite, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Mad Man L

Meee too! :grin: I have a huge Lego collection (I don't play with it, it just sits in my room collecting dust), I used to play quite a few online RPGs etc., I love logic puzzles/maths/science, and I do far too much homework.

And finally, I'm Chess Captain at my school.

I do however, have a less nerdy, more social side to me as well.

2. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Games: WoW, Ragnarok Online, Diablo, Warcraft 3, Dota, LoL, God of War, Final Fantasy, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Blaze Blue, Resident Evil, Unchartered.

Anime: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Evangelion, Code Geass, Kuroshitsuju, Love Hina. I attend anime conventions but don't really dress up as characters.

Trading Cards: Pokemon, Magic the Gathering.

Sci Fi: Dollhouse, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Firefly, Sanctuary, BattleStar Galactica and Being Human, Warehouse 42.

Cartoons: South Park, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, Spong Bob.

Comics: Xmen, Fantastic Four, Marvel Zombies, Bill Willingham's Fables, The Umbrella Academy, King of Fighters, Scott Pilgrim, The Walking Dead.

Movies: Resident Evil, Sucker Punch, Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pan's Labrinyth, Alice in Wonderland, Silent Hill, HellBoy, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Land of the Dead.

3. sanguine

OMG I LOVE CHESS AND YUGIOH

thats awesome i was captain of the senior division of my school, we are this years south west region winners too!

4. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely have a nerdy side to me. I love Pokemon and I still have all my old Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I play loads of RPGs (especially love Final Fantasy). I watch/read a lot of fantasy films and books - Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials and The Wheel of Time are some of my favourites.

Glad to see i'm not alone :icon_bigg

5. Meropspusillus

I'm a pretty huge nerd in every sense of the word.

6. Fiddledeedee

I am a geek in several areas. I am also a nerd generally. I have strong opinions on the differences between geeks and nerds: to me, most of you are describing geeky behaviours involving excessive interest in or knowledge about a subject or object. I define nerdiness as more to do with the lack of social skills or application thereof. Many geeks are also nerds, just as there are many nerds who are geeks.

Both definitions apply to me; I am a science, math, grammer, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings geek, and I am a nerd who is aware of and even analyses social conventions, etc. but finds it takes too much work to apply them or it is more interesting not to.

:grin:

7. Noahroxursox

<-- Total nerd right there.

I love anime (most of it, anyways), I play a bunch of computer games, and I love math and science XD

Oh, and I have a TON of Legos!!,

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Thank you for posting this. I knew EC nerd's wouldn't let me down! :grin:

I was reading through it yesterday and realized the same thing. I always like the nerd v geek argument. Thats when you truly know you have found a nest of us out there haha

I think you are my new favorite poster :kiss:

P.S. I'm way too happy about this.. xD

9. Mad Man L

We fail at Chess at our school, we only came 6th or 7th overall. :lol: Not helped by the fact people forget to turn up. >.>

10. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I spend so much time listening to soundtracks >_> from like video games and movies
    I like playing video games alot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: especially the old Rpgs
    I watch alot of Anime
    I like sci-fi stuff
    I spent a very long time on my computer
    I like playing Chess, Checkers etc. >:grin: I like beating people in them
    And I would probably play Yu-gi-oh still if I had someone to play with

So I guess those are my "nerdish" joys

11. chocobo236

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a complete nerd..YUGIOH...gosh still have my deck...POKEmon...still playing them black version.....Final Fantasy...where to begin with that.....phoenix wright....still need to finish it....nerd..alert..hahaha..but its okay..i LOVE NERDS!

12. Redroses

I'm a nerd and I love being one.

Mainly a book/writing/Doctor Who nerd but I also love everything Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Anime and manga, video games, cosplay, going to conventions, comics, science, Merlin and that's just naming a few of the things I love.

13. Just Adam

Its tough knowing stuff. :frowning2:

If i was gd at math and languages id probably get some respect but as is i know stuff people dont listen and ignore you when you know theyre wrong.

Sorry ive father issues >.> just because you dont know how 3D works on tvs and their resolution outputs doesent mean i must be talking crap !

14. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love to play video games. In vacations I normally spend 50% of my time playing. Last vacations I spent 40 hours playing skyward sword, those were like 4 days. I also love pokemon, and strategy games.

Those are good topics for conversation, the difficult part is to find someone curious enough :icon_sad:
    I like to talk about animal behavior that I see in documentaries.

15. TheGreyMan

Oh, where do I begin?

I've always loved Pokémon and Metroid and as I got older, I developed a love for MMORPGs in general. Anime's always been a huge thing for me as well as some mangas. Surprisingly, I'm also a huge history nerd, especially when it comes to the titanic. Another thing is my ridiculous obsession with Homestuck.

Additionally, I'm obsessed with music, but I don't know if that's necessarily a nerdy trait at all.

16. Just Adam

Animal behaviour is fascinating. I spend many hours studying my cats. They are extremely inteligent, protective, caring and loyal. <3 my cats ehen im down my first cat cones and comforts me lol.

My most recentnerd rage was friday night. Went to see Avengers and after my friends friend asked who characters were. Couple were bit obscure but it annoyed me so i went into a 5 min rant about each character and why when tey were discussig which avenger they would be only Thor was the correct answer lol. When he said who was the guy with the bow i literally almost jumped on him and banged his head on the ground.

I love nerd rage ^^. Instead i just sighed and palm faced

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    D&D
    Fencing
    League of Legends
    Counter Strike
    Skyrim

18. SA Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can relate with a lot of you. I read probably too many fantasy books, can't get off skyrim but don't play chess that often. :slight_smile:

19. Leif

Huge freggin nerd here. Being a nerd is great, people actually Expect you to fanboy out and get over excited about things. You're allowed to obsess. I have a Huge comic book collection, own more gaming systems and games then I'll ever realistically have time to play, and can quote line for line all of the LotR movies, the original Star Wars trillogy, and all the Harry Potter movies. And this is just the tip of the wonderfully nerdy iceberg.

To top it off I'm flying from Australia to San Diego, CA to go to the SDCC (before visiting my family). Which I'll be cosplaying as Brock, Two Face, and an Aperture Labs scientist.

I love being a nerd.

20. WhisperinShadow

Well, I'm not so sure, if I could call myself a real nerd...

Well, I like (to):

-play pokemon games
    -to watch Pokemon WiFi battles on youtube, especially B/W WiFi
    -to watch Let's plays of video games on youtube too sometimes
    and thought about maybe doing it myself aswell
    -to watch documentaries sometimes, even about phenomenens
    -to watch animes (sometimes)
    -to read mangas (sometimes)
    -to visit marktes which look like in the middle age
    -Gothic art
    -going to conventions (sometimes)
    -Lord of the Rings
    -mystic creatures

etc.

Can't think of more at the moment...But I have to say that I'm not obsessed with all these things, so that I couldn't live without them...:lol: I'm not even sure if things like Gothic art, markets which look like in the middle age etc. count as nerdy..:shrug:
    When I was a child I loved to play video games aswell but not really much anymore...
    But maybe there's a bit of a nerd in me..:eusa_danc

#40 WhisperinShadow, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012