1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a reflection on how far I've come since signing up for EC :-)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mugwump, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mugwump

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in ages!! I wonder who is still here who would remember me... I was just reflecting on how far I've come since I first signed up for EC in March 2009. Here are some quotes that I wrote during my time trying to work out my sexuality:

"I always assumed I was straight, but have never been interested in anything sexual, touching, kissing with guys. I started thinking I was asexual (and I think that is still quite likely), but I have recently started toying with the idea that I could be interested in women, and it's kind of exciting!" (26th march 2009)

"what on earth is sexual attraction? I mean, I think I get the theory of it, but I don't know if I have actually ever experienced it. So what does it feel like?" (27th march 2009)

"I have my first big crush on a girl and I can't stop thinking about her! I'm excited!!" (16th may 2009)

"I went to a 'coming out group' for women tonight! Admittedly I didn't say anything cos I was too scared... but I suppose I kinda 'came out' just by being there! So go me!" (23rd July 2009)

"I just came out to my Mum. It was amazing!!" (27th august 2009)

"COME ON! I'm 23, and I've never been kissed" (9th October 2009)

"I just had a really upsetting discussion with my step father... He thinks that 'lesbians recruit'... He doesn't like gay people... Apparently I have been damaged" (4th march 2010)

"I am now Facebook out" (6th may 2010)

"So yep, I lost my virginity last night... At age 24! Wow" (29th January 2011)

"I don't mind sex most of the time, and have on occasions enjoyed it, but I also get really anxious about it. I also just don't like kissing much, and I feel bad because I know she does" (6th April 2011)

... So yep, just a small snapshot of where I've been. Now I've been with my girlfriend for 8 months and were going well. I still have issues with sex/kissing and anxiety but and trying to work that out. My step father got over his 'gay issues' (well most of them!) once he met my girlfriend. I'm out to everyone, and am totally comfortable with being gay! Life is good :slight_smile:

I hope that for any people who are back at square one trying to work stuff out that this could be of use.

2. RaeofLite

Hey.. haven't heard from you in forever. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. :grin:

3. Absentminded

Hey, I remember you! It's great to hear that you've come so far since then! Good for you! And it's also fantastic that your family seems to be coming around as well! I hope things keep goig well for you!(*hug*)

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

You joined before I did, but its awesome to see your progress!

Congrats and glad to see you are doing well :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

Jess (*hug*),
    that's wonderful :slight_smile: I totally recall how anxious and worried you were when you first joined. It's great to see how much you have changed and became more confident since then, and it's good to know you're doing well. That's really inspiring ! Thanks for sharing.
    Many (*hug*) Cécile

6. Chandra

I remember you. And yay, I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you! :slight_smile: