1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kylegf2011, Oct 3, 2011.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I just wanted to share with you guys that I have finally accepted Im gay, that I like it or not is a completley different thing, cause there are days when I´m actually very ok with it, while there are others when I hate myself and want to "quit" being gay. But after alot of thinking I have come to the conclusion I am not even bi, I am gay.

Wow just writting the words "I am gay" feels scary.

2. Akira

Some getting used to is always nessasary, but the title says it all. Congratulations, I wish you luck. It'll get better eventually.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! It does take some getting used to, but this is a really big step!!

4. polysemiology

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on that big step, KyleGF!

Oftentimes, when we struggle with how we feel about being gay, it is less about our comfort with being gay and has more to do with internalized homophobia (accidentally thinking about yourself through homophobic ideas or having negative gay stereotypes leach into your mind, simply because of the society you grew up in). When life is a bit harder for someone who is gay, it's not a problem of 'gayness' or the person being gay; it's a problem of societal heterosexism. Remember that there are lots of supports out there (including Empty Closets) and remember that you can be you, and gay, without fitting into any of the gay subcultures or stereotypes. :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, Kyle.

That's an important step and milestone for you, and congrats for getting yourself there. Don't be annoyed with yourself if you find yourself going back and forth as far as being ok or not ok with it... that will take a little time. But simply saying it is, as you said, a powerful step. Please stick around and update us on what's going on for you... it will be nice to know, and also helpful to others who are earlier on in their process. :slight_smile:

6. Hidinginalabama

Congrats man Things will get easyer from here just give it some time. Most of us have been right where you are at and every thing turned out great.

7. Skyfire13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always thought that the hardest person to come out to is yourself - so congratulations on making that step.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is totally true. Congrats! :slight_smile:

From here on things get easier with time. After a while typing "I'm gay" won't be such a big deal, then saying won't be a big deal either and before you know it you really start getting comfortable with yourself. Keep at it :slight_smile: