1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by scottsulli, Oct 3, 2011.

1. scottsulli

This morning, after all my worrying and waiting and planning, I came out to my wife of 9 years. She was wonderfully kind and I am the luckiest guy to have her. I am still in shock but telling her has been the best thing I have ever done.
    I'm not sure what the future holds for us, but I know I have done the right thing.
    Thanks for the support of everyone on this forum.
    Scott

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I think it's a step in the right direction, it would have been bad if you never told her anything and lived a lie for the rest of your life

3. J Snow

Congratulations. I know it was probably difficult, but you've got the happiness of both of you to be concerned about. Good luck with whatever the future may hold for the both of you.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I think that that is a step in the right direction for both of you.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on telling your wife. It's definitely a step in the right direction. It's great that she took it so well and will be supportive of you it seems. :slight_smile:

6. stilllovelyafte

Congrats guys! Big day here on EC. B/w you two and the member who plans to share his truth with his girlfriend, there has been a lot of activity here today! Best of luck with the next steps.

7. jimL

Way Cool Scott! Yes you did do the right thing. I am so glad that she took it so well. It speaks to her maturity and love for you. You will probably experience the same roller coaster ride that I did after coming out to my wife four months ago. You will have good days and bad days and as time goes on you will have way more good days. It's going to get way better. I'm proud of you because I know how difficult that was.:icon_bigg

8. maverick

Congratulations, we're proud of you man! :thumbsup:

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Very impressive! Congrats! Really glad everything is turning out well for you :slight_smile:

10. s5m1