1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cab driver confessions...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maverick, Oct 2, 2011.

1. maverick

So on the way back from the club tonight, I got a Middle-Easternish cabbie who was VERY interested in where I was coming from (I don't think he had ever done a pick-up at the gay disco before). He asked whether the club was the only club I ever went to, and I said no...that I was actually coming from the only lesbian bar in town.

He told me he thought the gay bar was a very safe place for women to dance alone. I told him I wasn't there to dance with gay men.

He asked me if I was attracted to men, and I was all, "Er, not really..."

I expected him to say something insensitive because God forgive me, I looked at him and thought religious fundamentalist - you have to keep in mind that many cab drivers will not even do pick-ups at the gay bar here - but instead, he went into this spiel about how he could totally understand how women would be attracted to other women because HE was so attracted to women, and told me that it didn't really matter what gender a person was as long as they were good together and having fun. Oral sex, kissing, touching, it's all good.

He told me he thought women dated other women because men didn't treat them as well as they deserved. I agreed on that front and said that as badly as I had seen some men treat some of the women I know personally, I wouldn't blame them for switching teams. I assured him that wasn't the case in my case, though. I'm just wired that way.

He asked me if sex was better with a man or a woman (um, PERSONAL question much?) and - although I haven't had sex with a woman - I answered woman because I KNOW that it's true. :lol: I told him that I just didn't really feel "sparks" with men, and that it was a biological thing. He agreed it must be so, because he couldn't imagine being physically attracted to another man.

So...this is not the funniest part of the story. The funniest part is, I accidentally "butt-dialed" my house early on into this conversation...so my dad, roused from his bed at a quarter to two, got to hear the whole sordid conversation. :roflmao:

2. StarofMiyu

Oh boy, damn trolll phones xD

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WOW! That is funny... Hope you're okay with your dad hearing that at least. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But that was kind of creepy of that cab driver to be asking you so many personal questions. I guess some just make conversation to avoid an awkward silent ride but in this case it was an awkward talking ride. Lol.

4. RaeofLite

Wow... That's definately a story to tell your future partner in the future and have them speel it off at your wedding. :wink:

I can understand where you're coming from though. We have to help change the world's prejudice one person at a time. :slight_smile:

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like something that would happen in a movie. XD

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How did he react? :lol:

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Oh my god, I would just die. That was a great story though, moments like that are what win us the culture war, you know? ^_^

9. ANightDude

You know, there was a TV show like this where they put up cameras in the cab, and the drivers talk to them and try to get some conversation going (different kinds).

There were sad ones, funny ones, happy ones, one woman gave a guy a blowjob in the backseat. You know, New York and stuff.

10. maverick

Dad: "Um...I heard you...talking to the cabbie. At first I thought you were getting pulled over but then...I didn't." :lol:

I didn't really mind discussing it with the guy...but I'll admit, a little part of me did. If I was straight, that cab driver never would have brought up things like cunnilingus to me and expected me to make civil conversation about who I like to fuck and why, as if that's all gays and lesbians talk about.

I don't really like being exoticized or fetishized for my sexual preferences. :/

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahahaha that made my day! :grin: What a great reaction from the cabbie! And your dad.

12. Beertruck

Ahahahahahah. That's the best.

13. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That was a very interesting story, thanks for sharing. I would never be able to talk to some stranger like that. I'd be totally freaked out.

14. Zontar

I thought about this same thing the other day; sex with your own gender has gotta feel better just because the both of you know precisely what you like. What do they call it...gender empathy or some shit. I guess this belongs in the "advantages of being gay" thread instead. :grin: