Lesbian appearance?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jazzmyn, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jazzmyn

I'm tempted to leave a note somewhere next time I go in hope that someone bothers reading it. It would probably do no good, but it would feel like I've had my say I guess =p

Yeah they're my photos, thank you for the compliment! But I do wear a lot of makeup in an attempt to make myself look decent for the public.

2. Katelynn

You are unique, so don't ever let anyone make you feel like the way you present yourself isn't appropriate or right at all. When I was your age, I would have killed to look like you! Heck, when I was in university, I wanted to look like you do. You have an awesome personal image that you have perfected to fit your own personality, so be proud of it! And of you do change it, change it only on your own terms!

3. J Snow

This.

4. Jazzmyn

*feels loved* =]
    I'm going back there tomorrow with a little more confidence hehe.

5. missyjustice

missyjustice Guest

Don't change your appearance just to fit in. Chances are you're just going to end up wishing you didn't because you won't feel like your being yourself. People who think that there is a certain gay "look" are immature and clearly not that intelligent if they haven't yet figured that all of us are so different. You shouldn't have to prove that you're gay by dressing a certain way.

i know it sucks. i'm an invisible femme as well and i have a preference for femmes so meeting potential love interests is rather difficult but i refuse to adopt a bunch of gay "stereotypes" just to fit in.

6. Queerios

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm femme and totally understand this problem. I have one suggestion: Dye your hair a funky and unnatural color. Honestly, it's part of the reason I dye my hair different colors: pink, blue, purple, green, yellow. Sometimes all together, sometimes just one.

I wish this wasn't the case but 'femme invisibility' is totally an issue. But with bright green hair most girls realize that they're in the right spot :slight_smile:

7. Jazzmyn

Hrmm... I've only really bleached it blonde or had it a light pink. I'll consider it, but I can't see myself wanting green hair anytime soon haha! Thank you though!

8. Redroses

I'm attracted to other woman, my appearance has nothing to do with my sexual orientation. I have my hair the length that I personally like it which is just above my shoulders and I wear the odd dress or skirt if it suits me and looks nice. The way I look and dress doesn't change how I feel. People who judge sexual orientation on how a person presents them selves and dresses, are in option quite shallow. Just keep dressing how you want.

9. just b urself

yea,dont change ur appearance for other people hun.you know what you are and thats all that matters,who cares what other people think.its just a gender stereotype..just liek how most people think if a guys gay hes going to talk more feminine and be all girly and feminine.i mean alot of gay guys r but not all.ive heard of really masculine gay guys that u cant even tell their gay unless they tell u..just remember,othrs deal with this sort of issue too.hope all goes well.