1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash a Job Orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocking23, Sep 16, 2011.

1. rocking23

So this one store in the mall near me is having an Orientation day for all the people they interview and (maybe) hired. Two of my friends went in and got invited on the spot, and I wasn't even given the time of day to talk to one of the mangers (who I think was not the manager my friends dealt with)

Q: Should I to the orientation anyways and just be like "I wasnt given and interview on the spot like the others here and I'm not just going to give up about working here"

Yes? No? Thoughts

2. Shevanel

Generally, it's not acceptable to go someplace you're not invited.

So no. I can understand why you think your perseverance may be noticed and help you attain this job you're seeking, but it doesn't work that way 99% of the time. Real life doesn't work like that.

3. rocking23

Incase you 63 viewers (who didn't offer help btw) were wondering, I didnt go. Turns out there was only 4 people (including my friend) Sounds like it was exclusive.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As disappointing missing this opportunity might have been, I think it is good that you didn't go. If you would have gone, and said what you proposed, it would have made you sound desperate, something which you don't want to convey to an prospective or potential employer.

It wasn't exclusive. It is part of their hiring process, and orientation days are usually only offered to candidates who have a serious chance of getting employment with them.

However, now that you have a friend in that place who might start working their soon, you might want to keep in close contact with him, because he might be able to give you some information on vacancies or opportunities to which you could apply to. :slight_smile: