1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I look like a skeleton ...:s

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Witchcraft, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Well I don't really look like a skeleton but I really feel underweight and look really skinny to the point wear even skinny jeans look baggy on me -.- especially my arms that are really thin and it's really annoying me now :/ And it's not that I don't eat, I do, and I've been eating alot of meat lately in hopes that would help me. I just really wish I could gain a bit more weight so that I don't look so frail and skeleton like :s any suggestions?

2. Noir

If I had a suggestion, I would say eat a lot of carbs as well. Too much of meat, carbs, or sweets is unhealthy, of course, but if you eat heartily for a while until you're full, and still balance in exercise, you'll probably build some muscle mass and a bit more weight.

I can't say for sure, because I have what must be a lesbian side effect--I've got the power to not be a slave to the salad diet!! I can eat almost anything and remain exactly the same size no matter what. I'm a very small person, and it doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon. =.= (Lol, once i ate half a giant bag of candy by myself after a birthday party with cake and had sloppy joes for dinner...needless to say I got one heck of a bad stomach ache! XD But that's all.)

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Lol same with me I can eat like anything and stay the same :s So I don't worry about stuff like that. Hmm I'll try looking for some sort of exercise because maybe that's what I really need now, thankyou :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Mr.Pushover

Well, woopity-do for you.

Anyways if you feel like a skeleton, I would suggest you go to the gym and work out there. And lots of protein after workouts helps the muscle build. That's all I really have to offer, though, sorry.

5. TraceElement

You may have a fast metabolism or have a thyroid/hormone imbalence... so a doctors visit may be in store?
    If you are truly underweight, try having a carnation instant breakfast with whole milk or something simmilar for a snack or 2 in between meals to add calories.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    very unlikely it's a thyroid imbalance at 16. I've seen an awful lot of people, particularly guys, who are almost third-world refugee thin at 15 or 16, who start to fill out at 18 or so. One friend did protein powders, instant breakfasts, lots of carbs, both complex and refined, and everything he could think of and was still skinny as a rail, but once he hit 18, he was suddenly able to gain some muscle mass and fill in so he looked great.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I think you may just have to wait it out a bit. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor the next time you see him, but I don't think it's worth a special appointment just for that.

7. TraceElement

Yes, I understand that it's unlikely. The thing is, from my job, I have been trained to look at things from a slightly more medical standpoint, so my mind always jumps to things like that. I was also diagnosed with having a hormone imbalence when I was 17.

8. KaraBulut

What kind of workout/exercise are you doing? And how tall are you/how much do you weigh?

9. Sadepeura

I'm the same! I'm really skinny although I eat a lot.

Except, now I'm depressed so I have been eating hardly anything, but it has nothing to do with this.

But I guess all you can do is to start doing some exercises to grow some muscles. That's what I have been trying to do.

10. Zontar

Well, look at it this way, Halloween parties come much cheaper and easier to you.

11. jamjras

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish I had this problem

12. maverick

1. Work out - gym, pushups, situps, dancing to Beyonce, whatever your thing is.
    2. Drink protein shake.
    3. Repeat.

:thumbsup:

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You look fine from your avatar....

Anyways, maybe it's what you eat? If you eat too much crappy foods, sometimes it can make your body look frail and sickly, because maybe you're deficient in some vitamins or something? idk. I'd say eat more healthy foods and go to the gym to build up some muscle on your bones.

14. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

+1 to the people who cant gain weight.
    Yes i have this problem/curse/awesome magic power, whatever you look at it like, but recently i have gained weight, i know awesome right?, but for a month i ate a jar of peanut butter per week. i wouldnt recommend it especially with all the fat in it but has some protein and i gained 5 kgs and im not trying that again.....

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure peanut butter is healthy even with all the fat - just like extra virgin olive oil and fish oil. Peanut butter does have some saturated fat but so does all healthy fat. Make sure it's real peanut butter!!! Not the fake stuff! Idk, moderation is key and a jar a week probably isn't healthy...

16. KaraBulut

It's fine for snacks. A lot of serious body builders eat it because it is a good source of protein and it is calorically dense and much healthier than a high-carb snack.

But again, moderation is key because it is so high in calories. And too often, we end up eating it with something sugary- like jelly, syrup or lots of sugar (as in a Reese's cup).

17. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Thankyou everyone for your responses! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm going to the doctor sometime soon to get this checked out

@Austin
    Yeah my profile pic doesn't look like I'm underweight or anything but that's just cuse my face is a little bit chubby( atleast in my opinion -.-)

@Karabult
    I weigh around 90-100 pounds and I'm not sure what my height is :s and the only form of excersice I do would be walking but I don't think that really counts xd

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well actually I was talking to jamjras, but it applies to you, too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

how healthy do you eat?