1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like this guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jostle100, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What should I do? Should I convince him not to move or something? Its making me feel depressed.

2. ibauburn368

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in this situation a lot of times before and I know how much it stinks. The best thing is to just remain in touch. 50 miles isn't really that far, so maybe you guys could still hang out every once in a while. As far as relationships go, I think that you should enjoy your relationship with the other guy, Colton right? Consider yourself very lucky, most LGBT people don't come out or have a relationship until way after highschool.

3. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm like a computer nerd and I asked him for his email once and he replied "whats that?":dry:. I'll try to tell him I like him before he leaves.

4. Doctor Faustus

You should. Be gentle, but better to be honest and have good intentions than simply bottle it up, if it really is bugging you.

5. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its 11-11-11, wish me luck.

6. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Michael wasn't here today, he's probably sick.

7. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it normal that I lose interest in guys after I get to know them better? Like with Kolton, I was really interested then one day there wasn't a spark left and same goes with Michael, just lost that "click" today.

8. ibauburn368

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's usually how crushes work when you're in middle school, it's normal. At least you managed to make some good friends.

9. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe it's just his haircut, bleh. His so called "cute" voice is now EXTREMELY annoying! Maybe he's just like that because he feels different about me. He doesn't do his "cute" voice around his other friends. 3 major turn off with Michael, Annoying voice, bad grades, sucks at technology. You might be thinking, bad grades and technology doesn't matter. He gets detentions all the time, doesn't pay attention is class, passes notes to me, I try to tell the teacher but I'll feel bad if I do. The technology part? He has a computer, he doesn't know if its a desktop or laptop :dry:. I asked him, "whats your email address?" his reply "whats that?" I say something like "Its this thing that lets you send letters over the internet" his reply "Oh ok, like Facebook right?" -_-. I say "Make an email tonight, use yahoo, gmail, aol or something"
    Michael: ok
    Me: Do you know how?
    Michael: no
    Me: First you go on the internet then----
    Michael: *interrupts* whats the internet?
    :eusa_doh:. So I just stopped talking about that
    Me: Nevermind :bang:

I find this very awkward, because I'm in gifted class, almost all my grades are above 100% and I can code.

10. TheAnonymity

Your friend Michael cracks me up.

"What's the Internet?" LOL!

But, yeah, interest feigns. That's just how middle school crushes are.

What language do you use (to code)? I'm personally myself a hardware man but I occasionally dabble in programming.

11. ibauburn368

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can understand not being familiar with technology. I didn't get internet until the seventh grade and was completely ignorant of email etc. Now I'm going to college to study electrical engineering and engineering technology. I bet he's probably in the same boat. As far as grades go, it's probably a lack of motivation, not a lack of intelligence. Usually in high school, well at my school at least, your friends are mostly determined by what kind of grades you make because we have the same classes. It's very weird to talk to someone from a lower class about school stuff.

12. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know HTML but I don't know if you consider that a code, I can program some in Visual Basic in a little in C++.

13. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I'm more bi than gay, more towards the gay side. I have crushes on 4 girls and 7 guys. Michael is just weird in general.

14. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My heart goes out to you. I can't really give you advise, being in middle school myself, though in my last year. I have had a boatload of crushes on BOTH guys and girls nad have kept it to myslef considering I go to a catholic school. Depends on both the school and the people really.

15. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm over Michael, he's getting EXTREMELY more annoying each and single day. Plus today we brought up that "Jake is gay" and he is, he's out too. We were talking about that for a few minutes and the gay things he does. I asked him, "are you against gays?"
    he replied "yes"
    I said "why"
    him "well, they're weird"
    me "how?"
    him "its disgusting, they kiss and stuff"
    I thought I still could be friends with him but later that day he became VERY annoying and I just ignored him. I don't even want to talk to him anymore, and I forgot to tell you. There is this guy named Tyler and I find him staring at me a lot, he probably hugged me like 5 times already. I was in the library once looking for books then he came behind me and put his hands and shoulders on my chest and said I love you. He kids a lot so I thought he was just kidding. I had that experience about twice now and he mouthed "I love you" once in class.

16. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What should I DO!!!

17. Mister E

By "staring at me a lot", how long? Today? A few days? A week +? Some guys do just do this because they are physical people. I have a friend that always goes around giving people massages at lunch and putting his arms around people (guy friends). Doesn't mean he's gay or bi. Just suggesting caution until you have a better idea of his behavior.

18. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For quite a while. I don't know what its called, but he looks at me and lifts his eyebrows 2 times. All I know its a form of sexual harassment but don't know what its called. After 5th hour in school, I went to 6th hour (Spanish) and had lunch at 12:45. We put our stuff in our lockers before we went to lunch so I quickly ran to my locker, put all of stuff in and ran to the lunchroom before Michael even had time to open his locker. He attempted to sit by me but I quickly grabbed one of my friends and pull them down so it filled all 8 seats. He gave me a sad :icon_sad: look, but I really didn't want to be mean in anyway, but I'm not regretting the choice I've made, Jesus Christ, he's annoying!

19. TheAnonymity

Damn, kid, I cannot believe what I have been reading. Your situation is just bizarro. It is quite different from most.

Some guys are just more relaxed with their humor. They might randomly say 'I love you' or stuff of that random nature. Some guys harass others with, if the Tyler kid is trying to harass you, sexual harassment. And some guys just simply like the guys.

In your case... I have no idea. Seriously. I cannot believe (in a good way) the stuff that you have been through. Finding Kolton (or whatever his name is) and kissing him, being interested in Michael and subsequently finding out he's super annoying and probably isn't gay, and now this Tyler kid.

Seriously though, that little thought aside, you should be cautious as to whether you decide to pursue certain boys if you don't know for sure that they're gay. Having 'straight crushes', which is when a gay crushes on a guy which unfortunately happens to be straight, can be a bit depressing when you ultimately give up on it, which at one point or another you have to. It's a bit less depressing the sooner you give up on it (from the looks of what you say about Michael, that shouldn't be too hard! :grin:)

But on a more serious note, this kid Tyler is probably just one of those kids with physical humor. He's more relaxed with humor and is fine with saying serious things while saying them in a humorous-intended manner. Read about Mister E's friend. From what you've said, it seems more like this situation. Or he could be sexually harassing you. But that deciphering is up to you.

My advice is to be cautious with who you pursue, especially if you don't know if they're gay.

(Tell us if you pull one of those crazy miracles on us again and find out Tyler's gay! :thumbsup:)

20. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It won't be hard giving up Michael, I swear if I see him again I'm gonna be sick. Tyler is a humorous guy, so there is a really good possibly he's just joking. What should I do with Jake? He's out of the closet already and almost everyone know he's gay. Just to refresh your memory here are the people's names:

Kolton: First boyfriend, first kiss
    Noah: Kolton's twin
    Michael: That annoying creepy guy
    Jake: The openly gay guy
    Tyler: The humorous guy that I think he likes me.