1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone given up looking for an partner?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fiddlemiddle, Aug 23, 2011.

1. XXReye

I've mostly given up looking too. I still WANT to date someone but I feel as though I have to prepare myself for a life of singlehood because it is extremely unlikely that I'll find someone compatible.
    A lot of it does have to do with my orientation and the ways that I identify - to find someone who is OK with ALL of that and that I also like...well, it seems as though I have an incredibly small pool of people to choose from.

2. FloatingPiano

I haven't given up on finding a partner, as I am just still really young and in high school, and I'm just too focused on other things right now to date. Plus, the only other lesbians/bi girls I know have been my friends for many years, and it would just be too weird for me to date them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: XD

3. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't given up, but I have been feeling very lonely and emotionally drained doing so. Now, I don't really actively look, but it just seems like gay guys are all assholes. Maybe it's just my area, but at this point, I feel like I'm going to be alone in the future.

I believe the homosexual lifestyle is a lonely existence. Yeah, yeah I know you're supposed to "be comfortable enough with yourself being alone" blah blah. That can only go so far. It sinks my heart to see couples, Straight or gay out and about while I walk around without someone next to me that I can call mine.

4. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what you mean. Yet I dont agree all way guys are all assholes. I only am sane as an gay person due to I have some good friends that are gay. However I just given up looking for someone as been so dissapointed, and the most recent one appears to take the cake of the heartbreak.

5. feelindown

feelindown Guest

sorry you feel that way, i expressed similar sentiments and got a few nasty comments regarding that. are all gay men a-holes. of course not. are many gay men lonely and frustrated because they can't find someone....YES. It's funny because it parallels very closely to women that are also looking for a mate and can't seem to find a good guy. I very rarely hear my straight guy friends comment about how hard it is to find a good girl. they are picking up women all the time and have no problem finding someone to settle down with. but it appears single women over 27 adn gay men have the same plight when they are looking for a companion and something real. of course someone will come on here and have some study to say otherwise but i still hold to my beliefs.

6. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I agree with you. Just about all my straight friends have or now in relationships. If I was straight I would be in an long term relationship right now or have been in one.

7. feelindown

feelindown Guest

yes, i definitely would have been in a relationship by now with a woman and i have an opportunity to do so everytime to leave my house. there are a lot of women around and they are nice, great personalities, successful and hot and they usually like me. as far as men, the guys i would be attracted to when i leave my house usually turn out to be straight. i have no way to know if they are gay or not and when i try and be friends with them they always end up talking about girls. then when i have gone to gay stuff, i just can't relate to the type of guys that are there. the "gay culture" is really in full effect at bars, clubs, and online so i dont really fit into that. so it's just very difficult to find other guys that are basically just like straight guys but happen to liek guys. people keep talking about these lgbt non bar activities but honestly, i'm sure its the same people that frequent the bars. i have gone online to see pics of some of their events in my local area and i have seen these same people at the bars too so i mean, what's the really the difference. i guess you can just settle for someone that is nice and you're not attracted to so you dont have to be alone but i dont think that's a great start for a good relationship. if i can get great girls that are nice and look good, why should i settle for nice guys but i am not even attracted to. doesn't make sense. oh well. life continues.

8. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been in this group for the past few years and unfortunately my desires are now going to overrule my morals lol. I can relate a lot to your post above me.