1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This 'spontaneously coming out via Facebook msg' thing has really been working out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by notquitebutch, Aug 17, 2011.

1. notquitebutch

Lol ok, I came out to my Uncle almost 2 years ago now (wow.) via a random Facebook message because I just kind of... felt like it.

Just did that for 2 of my new suite mates (starting college in a week!) and they were totally cool!

I e-mailed my actual ROOMmate since she's not on Facebook, so hopefully the response is similar!

2. Katelynn

Re: This 'spontaneously coming out via Facebook msg' thing has really been working ou

Congrats! :slight_smile: It's always awesome when people are just accepting & wonderful when you come out to them! Plus, it makes making new friendships so much easier when you don't have to worry about how people might respond!

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: This 'spontaneously coming out via Facebook msg' thing has really been working ou

congrats buddy!!! Hopefully the rest you have to still come out to will be just as accepting as the people you've already come out to. At least this gives you more courage to do so

4. Sadepeura

Congratulations! I've sometimes come out to people via facebook as well, and it's always turned out to be good. :slight_smile: I hope the answer from your roommate will be good as well! Although I don't see why it wouldn't be.

5. Foxywolf

Congrats that's great! I am thinking about coming out to my room mate too. Hmmm. Would you mind posting your message, like what you said to them in order to come out? Just so that I can see an example of what I could say to my room mate to hopefully get a similar response. :slight_smile:

6. notquitebutch

Not at all! :slight_smile:

7. Foxywolf

Thanks a bunch :slight_smile: I giggled at the part that you said it was kind of obvious with your short hair haha!

8. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Congrats.

9. Foxywolf

Let us know how it goes with your room mate. :slight_smile:

10. Noahroxursox

Good luck!

11. notquitebutch

"That's ok. Thanks for letting me know. I havn't met a lot of gay people, but hopefully we can get along.:slight_smile:"

Not too bad! At least she has a positive outlook :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Woo!

12. Sadepeura

Well as she said, she hasn't met many gay people, so she's not quite sure what it means. :slight_smile: But at least now she knows and I'm sure it will be fine when you meet and get to know each other! :slight_smile: