1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Fashion Sense: Stereotype or Truth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Phillip, Aug 17, 2011.

1. stumble along

Hahahahahahaha
    Here's how it works for me, if I'm going into unknown territory, big hoodie with jeans. Everything else, my best shot, which is usually good when all my clothes arent in the hamper.

I dress pretty hipster/beach , though i detest sandals (and feet in general)

Though, if I had it my way, I'd be in something so ridiculously awseome you think I got either blasted into the the year 3000 or 1850/1450.

Like Tron and assassins creed put together, with helmet visors, and lights, and a lute...

2. Monsieur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with many people here concerning how personal fashion taste develops after coming out. I remember how I'd dress more "normal" to fit it and not people to think I'm gay. I'm still in the process of coming out to many people and fully accepting myself, so I'd don't always feel comfortable sticking out with the clothes I wear (I admit I have gone for the lazy option to blend in).
    One minor complaint I have that always pops up when discussing fashion is how the way you dress is determined by how much money you have. This might not always be the case though.

If I had the possibility to wear any clothes regardless of price or availability, I'd be wearing stuff like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Most of these cost more than 5000 EU, so I guess I'm stuck with H&M for now!)

3. catcherinrye2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe gay fashion sense is a stereotype. I still have to verify against other people that I dressed okay, and I stick to t-shirt/jeans.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stereotype. I have no fashion sense

5. TheRoof

More than not gays tend to be more fashionable and interested in fashion than straight people (and even more so in gay guys vs straight guys). But then again I've seen tons of straight guys who dress freakishly well in fashion blogs so I guess it's a stereotype.

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

omfg >.> Id be wearing stuff like that too omg
    I would look so fabulous

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I have terrible fashion sense. I like to wear things because they are comfortable, and I keep wearing them until they are rags, it's probably because I don't like to go shopping.

8. kem

kem

I think fashion sense has more to do with interest, self-confidence and self-acceptance than sexual orientation.
    I think I have a good fashion sense, but I don't have the confidence to wear the way I want to. Also I'd really want to design and create all my clothes and I would if I had the time and room.