What is your favorite Harry Potter book?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Martin, Aug 1, 2011.

?

What is your favorite book?

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone

3.3%
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

3.3%
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

16.7%
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

13.3%
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

21.7%
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

15.0%
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

26.7%
  1. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Deathly Hallows: It moved me in a way that no book before (or since) ever had. Each book is special to me in it's own way though. The very first one I ever read was Prisoner of Azkaban (which, oddly enough, my phone's spell check accepts as a word) after winning it in a contest in 3rd grade. I saw it on the prize table and I just connected to it - almost cosmically. I knew then that I had to begin my first, and to date most passionate, affair with any single author's series of books.

Then, upon discovering there were more (two others at the time) books about the same people, places, and events, I was hooked...

Plus endings are always my favorite part of any story.

2. Sadepeura

I really have to read these books again. But what I remember, The Half-Blood Prince is my favourite! It's dark, very dark. It definitely doesn't fit in the children's book category anymore. That's not why I like it though. Honestly, I love all of them.

3. Ridiculous

The only one that I've read is The Chamber of Secrets. And I wasn't very impressed, so I didn't bother with the rest. Something about her writing style seemed a bit disjointed.

4. BlueJae

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a close match between Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. The Deathly Hallows was amazing in how everything pieced together. It was exciting and everything was unexpected. But Half-Blood Prince contains more of the teenage drama. They are still in school so it's closer to home for me. There's romance and drama, jealousy, the whole mix. And of course, Draco Malfoy. He finally gets a major role in the plot. So Half-Blood Prince wins it out. Just barely though.

5. steel03

Chamber of Secrets is at the bottom of most fans' lists for a reason...

6. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Deathly Hallows would be mine! I'm a sucker for a great ending!

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I loved Deathly Hallows to death, I think my favorite was Half Blood Prince. The whole "mysterious book" that Harry had, Dumbledore's death, the scene in the cave with the inferi, and all the Voldemort back story stuff was all quite good.

On a side note, my computer recognizes Voldemort as a word. Awesomeness. :grin:

8. Cantthinkofone

I love The Goblet of Fire , mostly I think because it has a sentimental value since it was the first HP book I'd read (I went back for the first 3 ones later). Just opening that old paperback and seeing the print and the kind of woody smell of the paper all remind me of my childhood. That book was also I think the final stepping stone to mastery of English (it's not my first language).
    But I think it's also because it had all the cheerfulness and humor and adventure and it was, I think, the point where the stories stopped resembling children Scooby-Doo mystery type books and the plot was really being fleshed out without being so dark like the subsequent books.
    Still, I'm a big fan of all the books and nostalgia aside it would've been really hard to pick a favorite.

9. 4alex6

Deathly Hallows definitely! I loved how Rowling brought everything together so the reader could piece everything together. The only bad part about the book was the first half was a little boring.

10. Airyx

My favourite is actually Chamber of Secrets, despite what other people may think about it. It has just always been. I love the mystery, everyone being suspicious of each other and the feeling that Hogwarts isn't safe anymore. Of course the others are great too. Least favourite is Half-Blood Prince.

11. Hemera

It was a toss up between Deathly Hallows and Prisoner of Azkaban but I chose Azkaban because it was when you meet Sirius and Lupin :slight_smile:

12. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Deathly Hallows. It was the perfect ending to the perfect series, and it showed how far they have grown. It also moved me the most because I bawled when Dobby, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred died. And then when Snapes memories was shown I cried some more.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

Prizoner of Azkaban is my fave. So good.

Goblet of Fire would be at the bottom of my list. I find it boring compared to the other books. I remember it took me a few tries to get through it because I'd end up getting bored and stop reading it.

14. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i loved the all but for me the very first one was the best, the whole thing of finding out and getting to grips with being a wizard, we all can relate to... almost like stepping out of the closet LOL

15. factwithinfiction

Half-Blood Prince was so full of information and just everything Harry needed for his impending journey to defeat Voldemort. I thought it was amazing.

16. RGuy

It's ages since I read the books but I remember out of the ones I read properly - the first five - my favourite was Prisoner of Azkaban as it breaks the format of the first two (Harry, Ron and Hermione investigate something mysterious, Harry gets injured and ends up in the hospital wing, Gryfindor win the House Cup and they all live happily ever after).

The individual scenes/chapters I can remember sticking in my mind from the books are the scene in the Prefect's Bathroom in GoF for obvious reasons, Priori Incantatem and Bill and Fleur's wedding. I also like the Threstrals from OotP.

17. AlTaboo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My favorite scenes actually happened in Deathly Hallows with the Professors teaming up against Snape and Mrs. Weasley killing Bellatrix. On the other hand Order of the Phoenix was my favorite because it introduces Bellatrix and shows why Snape hates James Potter so much (as do I).

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Too true. Its actually the only book and movie that I don't own xD

I would have to go with the Order of the Phoenix or Deathly Hallows. My least favorites were the Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire.

I love the whole series, though <3

19. blankpaper

Can I just say that Order of the Pheonix mad me CRYYYYY :frowning2: When Sirius died I was a blubbering fool. But The seventh was definitely the best :slight_smile:

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went with Order of the Phoenix. My book is so tattered that the cover no longer exists. It's just loads of pages bound together. By far the most tattered book on my shelf from having read it so many times. :grin:

That said, movie wise I loved Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows (Both parts).