1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyrim

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Azza, Jul 31, 2011.

1. adam88

I've been playing the 360 version since Friday. Ooooh, what an awesome time-waster this game is. :grin: Currently have a Nord Spellsword (focusing on destruction as my only magic, with the rest of my perks being in 1-handed, heavy armour, block and smithing), and a very low-level high elf mage.

This game will waste large portions of my life.

2. InaRut

This game has wasted SO much of my time right around the edge of paper/exam season. Oh god am I going to have to play catch-up next week. Honestly, I love how, "Get to (Cave) and get me some (item)" turns into a 5 hour trek through dungeons, random dragon encounters or simply hunting a deer half an hour because you really could use the leather.

Right now I'm playing as a Dark-Elf. I guess I'm a stealthy archer...with some one-handed weapons, light-armour (Theives Guild quest FTW [Spoiler block]) and smithing in their for good measure (Cause it kicks ass). I've got sneak and lock-picking in there too.

I'm at level 30 right now after having a DISGUSTING Skyrim bender. Still so much to do, too. -_- I have to take a break though. My academic career depends on it.

3. NickT

Well my laptop broke........so I went and got it for the 360 too :V DON'T JUDGE ME

4. adam88

The main reason I kill every deer, elk, fox and goat I see? Hides-->leather-->Leather Strips-->Leather bracers (as many as I can make)= quick leveling up of your smithing skill. :grin:

Iron daggers are good to make if you've got extra iron laying around. When trying to level up smithing, focus on getting the largest number of pieces from the least amount of material.

Too bad Daedric artifacts can't be improved at a forge, though, even with the "improve magical items" perk. Both my helmet (Masque of Clavicus Vile) and shield (Spellbreaker) are from Daedra.

5. Alex19

im a werewolf. just sayin... immunity to disease and being a sexy dark elf werewolf? sign me up! alls i need now is a house and a hubby LOL

6. InaRut

Actually you can smith improve daedric artifacts. I improved Dawnbreaker and now it's (Epic). My companion uses it because I like using axes and bows.

Also my brother did the, buy iron, make iron daggers, buy soul gems, enchant iron daggers and now he's 100 smith, 100 enchanting. I didn't do it though. Maybe I shoud but ehhh---Oh look a cave full of vampires. BRB

I was a werewolf but I was so afraid to use my power because of what being a werewolf was like in Morrowind: Bloodmoon. I cured my werewolfism but not before realizing how awesome it is being a werewolf. There's like no downsides. Besides not being able to sleep. Pffft.

I am totally married to one though! I married a guy from the companions being like, "I don't want no regular Joe, I want a bad ass dude!" But little did I realize how realistic Skyrim was in making it once you marry a bad ass he totally becomes boring and complacent.

"DO you need anything my love?"
    "Sure my love."
    "Do you need anything my love?"

WTF is this, the 1950's? I wanted to marry a warrior. Not a freakin Stepford Wife!
    Either way I just visit to sell things to him and take money from him. I can't remember the last time we slept in the same bed.

I'm having marital problems in Skyrim. :rolle:

7. kettlkorn

I think I'm the only person in the universe who chose to play this game as an Argonian...

8. Eric

Not only are you a dragonborn. You're literally part dragon! =D

9. kettlkorn

It's kind of funny because that was part of my thought process. Plus the benefit of breathing underwater.

10. InaRut

Also...There is a lack of Argonians in the game come to think of it. I don't pass by many usually. Cold-Blood not good for the cold weather me thinks?

11. adam88

Yeah, I figured this out yesterday. It's only the Masque that can't be upgraded. Spellbreaker was crucial in defeating that bloody mage to get that daedric sword. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Sunandmoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just bought my boyfriend this game yesterday for PC and he started playing it today. He's been playing it like 4 hours straight...not sure if I should be concerned yet lmao

13. InaRut

You have done a terrible thing to yourself. I hope you like threesomes because your relationship is now you+your boyfriend+Skyrim.

14. Sunandmoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's okay, I bought him Portal 2 and Anno 2070 as well to distract him from Skyrim :lol: :thumbsup:

15. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    best boyfriend EVER!

16. Shevanel

That's what I keep telling to people at Gamestop when I sell it to them xD

Perks of having an awesome gamer boyfriend I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Valley Cactus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm infatuated with this game.

I can't play too often; the XBox is in my brother's room and he's home from college AND he has pneumonia.

I play as a Breton Destruction Mage with a few perks in one-handed and light armor.

18. ameliepoulain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's on my Christmas list and it sounds SO good. Hurry up Santa :bang:

19. starscene

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    skyrim <3 my current character is an altmer, mage and i tend to use dual spells until im out of magika at which point i switch to dual swords.

20. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My dad has this game. I AM JEALOUS. I've watched him play it a few times but he owns the only Xbox in the house and I wantwantwant the game...