1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latter Days is AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SecretColor, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Just watched Latter Days on Netflix, and OMG it's seriously one of my favorite movies now. It was really enjoyable and, while I couldn't relate to either of the main characters, I know people who could. It's definitely something you shouldn't watch with someone who's devoutly Mormon (gay or not) since it definitely attacks the Mormon attitude re: homosexuality, but you should watch it with anyone who's worried about coming out, so they can see how utterly awesome being out is compared to being in the closet (especially if their worry stems from anxiety reconciling their sexuality with their religious beliefs).

By the way, my favorite quote from the movie (near the end) is:

"Your church doesn't like alcohol or homosexuals. Hmm... Well, I'm definitely not joining. Can't imagine heaven without both."

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That film is definitely one of my favorites. Not that the acting is incredibly superb -- for the most part it's so-so -- but just the story, the kindness of the woman that owns the restaurant, the depth of the emotion in the guy dying of AIDS, and the realness of the interaction between the Mormon mother and her gay son... overall a very powerful and uplifting story. I did feel like the obligatory gay-movie-sex-scene was overly long and mostly unnecessary but I can overlook that as I'm sure they knew it would help sell tickets :slight_smile:

3. 10super4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was one of the first "gay" movies I ever saw. I remember enjoying it at the time (I had a huge crush on a Mormon friend in high school) so it was a bit of nostalgia, but trying to watch it a second time didn't fly.

If you liked that I would also recommend "Were the World Mine"

4. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Saw Latter days last week, loved it!

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

hmm never heard of it, but it definetly sounds worth watching. hey, on a movie note, has anyone here ever seen A Single Man? LOVED it