1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Amy Winehouse

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kerze, Jul 23, 2011.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a fan but this is very sad. RIP Amy Winehouse. Your beehive hairstyle and permanent make-up will be sorely missed.

2. x2x2x2x2y2

RIP Amy. Wasn't a fan of her music (I've never even heard her voice) but this is still sad.

3. Airyx

I was a fan. Still am, actually. Remember when I heard Back to Black when it first came out. I was obsessed for months. Love all of her songs.
    R.I.P, Amy.

4. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

I'm a fan. Extremely tragic, but it was bound to happen eventually (though it shouldn't have been so soon). She was literally pressing the self-destruct button. RIP Amy Winehouse 1983-2011

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    She was amazing. Screw all these other "nonconventional" singers, this girl could basically claim full responsibility bringing soul music back to popular attention after decades of neglect.

6. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDXgKIpJyIk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

best cover of this song it made me want to cry. I can't believe she's gone she had so much going for her and her voice sounded so soulful and so unique I fell in love with it the first time she performed at the vma awards if I'm correct.

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Al these posts about some people r making me very angry . For one thing god bless her and may she rest in peace . Secondly i for a fact know how amys family feels because my dad killed him self due to substance / alchaholl abuse and for god sake no one felt sorry for him . Just think * tear* about how lost and alone the poor girl felt . Think about how bad she suffered and i hope to god no one here ever dies because of it and gets no sympathy !!!!!!!!!!! Theres my first angry rant on here

8. musican

9. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I am not a particular fan of her music, though some songs are nice. It is sad when a talented person dies, we will miss that creativity, talent and more. Condolences to anyone who was a fan of her.

Having said that... This might shock some of you.

Substance abuse is a sign of a damaged soul and the world saw it but did nothing about it. She was caught several times and sent to rehab, but if she was not willing and ready to fix the problem, no amount of therapy or anything can fix it. All her "worst" times were fully publicized by the media which didn't help either. At the end though it was society that was her downfall.