1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you draw?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarcat, Jul 10, 2011.

1. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thx bookworm43 realy appreciate it

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm not good at drawing girls that much. Boys are basically just straight lines, so they're easier (and cuter) to draw.

3. littleoldme

ive been told im pretty good i dont think i am though i dont do alot of art work for things other than school anymore i just dont have the time i would love to get back into it but school has kinda pulled all the fun out of art. i prefer realistic drawings (not people though) but i am slowly getting a little bit more out there with my work but still bringing in alot of realism

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Actually, solarcat, drawing girls are more fun than boys. Girls' hairs can be far more stylish and the bodies themselves could be dressed up in just about any clothes you like. Unlike to boys, they seem to stick to one monotonous outfit and it's getting boring...

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heeder13... shame on you, and here i thought you were gay LOL

I love drawing guys, but once in a while i'll draw girls as well. But for my project i am bussy with, for the character development i have to do both genders, besides dragons, unicorns, fauns and what not.

Remember you do not have to stick to monotonous outfits for guys, be daring and see what the results are. sometimes it might just even surprise you lol

When i am done with the developement of specific characters i might upload a few of them here so stay tuned. LOL

6. MercuryLampe

I think I'm pretty decent at drawing... I draw mostly realistic pictures, but my doodles are all cartoon-y :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My doodles are actually pretty creepy xD

7. Wylde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my opinion, men are more fun to draw. There's a wider variety of body types and just general looks accepted than with females. I have a lot of fn playing with how my guys look and present themselves. It's more of a challenge to get really unique characters with guys (again, just my opinion xD) and I seem to have a lot of luck with it, as many people I know compliment me on my unique characters. Then again, I also pair mine up with writing, so people get to see a lot more of their personality.

I rarely draw women, just out of personal preference I guess. Though it is fun to draw a beautiful courtess in a huge, renaissance dress. Or a WWII Soviet female pilot in uniform! History geek, who, me? Aha...

8. Bosco

I love drawing.
    And at the risk of overstating myself, I'm pretty good at it.
    Went through a cartoon/anime phase back in elementary school, but I focus mostly on realistic still life and portraits.
    Will start an album to share :icon_bigg

slash i like boys :eusa_danc
    but i love drawing women because of their hair. So much more you can do with it. Oh and the wind.

9. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm not really saying I hate how real guys dress up, but rather, I am referring to anime guys^^ Animes I watch nowadays are just getting boring when it gets to the guys, they really are making the girls more beautiful.

I mean, how are the boys? Shouldn't they get beautiful outfits too, like their beautiful faces? :grin:

Hehe don't take me wrong. But yeah, I'm not gay btw.

10. Haberdasher

Weirdly that is why I really enjoy drawing women, I like to push outside of those boundaries because so few people have explored them yet. Also, maybe its because I like the boys and my standards are high I think that one can do more with how women look and still be in the realm of "visually interesting" (attraction debatable, I'd be a poor judge).

Anyhow, I thought I'd responded with my art previously but it seems I did not. So, here is a random sketch I did for a fantasy story I wrote in which the Lost Heir to The Throne was raised by wolves:

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa251/OneCrazyPirate/?action=view&current=puppy-1.jpg

edit: Hm, I cannot get the image to show up... well, there's a link if anyone is interested in clicking it.

11. darkestknight

I once drew a Lara Croft in bikini. With other guys around her giggling. Quite a detail, and showed it to my close friend.

He laughed uncontrollably. Not because the drawing was awful, he understood it, but the whole picture I drew looks really wrong and at ages of 14 that time, we really shouldn't be looking at scantily clad women (and it is wrong to bring it at school too).

But heck, I likes guys more. When I drew Lara Croft, I did not get a hard-on, I admit. I just drew her up slowly and... nonchalantly.

12. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I can't put boys in a stylish outfit? Baldercrap! I'll put my boys in whatever outfit I want. Like a miniskirt, or a french maid's outfit. Same goes for hair. Granted, that's not very masculine, but they don't have to be.

Though for elegance and beauty, yeah, it is better to draw girls for that. I drew one girl in a sort of bat motiff dress that wouldn't look good on a boy of any femininity.

I can't draw stylish clothing much though. I don't know what to put them in! I can't draw girls in bikinis because I haven't paid that much attention to breasts. Also, I'm afraid someone will see it and think I'm a pervert (which I'm "not").

13. Kosie345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love drawing men. There is just so much more to draw. Drawing an upper arm or back that is well muscled is quite difficult and I love that challenge. Facial features are also more varied.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#53 Kosie345, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  14. MrBlueSky

i have a graphics tablet.. i love to draw,its not the best work but i'm getting better with practise.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like I said before
    We rock hardcore
    I'm DMC - I can scratch
    I'm DJ Run - I can draw

Actually, I can't draw very well at all. But I do love doodling and cartooning. I doodled this cartoon-y self-portrait of myself during a long boring meeting. It's not perfect - my head's too small - but I still like it a lot. Somebody asked me afterwards, "What kind of animal are you supposed to be?" I looked at it for a bit, then said "You know - I don't have any idea."

[​IMG]

Lex

Attached Files:

• bag.jpg
      bag.jpg
      File size:
      12.7 KB
      Views:
  16. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    estimate it yourself.

[​IMG]

17. Chronos

Chronos Guest

I can draw, but it tends to be smaller... I'm more of a doodler, so I have to cram drawings between page lines and math problems...

18. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

Not in the slightest. :I

19. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I do it sometimes as a hobby.

20. Lizz10