1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The EC Countdown Begins - Harry Potter 7 Part 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Hufflepuff! Comfort, unity, hard work, and friendship? Sounds like a pretty good house to be in if you ask me! Plus they like food, and they get those cute little rounded doorways!

Plus all the fan quizzes put me in Hufflepuff. Sometimes it can seem like the reject pile though because even in the books it mentions Helga Hufflepuff saying "I'll take the rest", sort of insulting, no?

2. steel03

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't get as high as that but my scores

Gryffindor: 64
    Hufflepuff: 58
    Slytherin: 44
    Ravenclaw: 42

4. Emberstone

they are two seperate movies, and will be released on two seperate dvds.

Deathly Hallows part one will not be on the same dvd as deathly hallows part two because dvd's cannot hold a 4:30 hour long film.

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2011 at 03:25 PM ----------

Gryffindor: 66
    Hufflepuff: 77
    Slytherin: 44
    Ravenclaw: 86

Clear ravenclaw.

Honestly, besides gryffendor, ravenclaw is the best house to be in. hufflepuff is too sacrine, and slytherin probably has frequent outbreaks of the fire'crabs' among students.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hufflepuff: 76
    Ravenclaw: 70
    Slytherin: 55
    Gryffindor: 49

Pretty much what I expected.

I'm seeing the movie at some point, and am looking forward to it, but it's not a desperate need to see it ASAP.

6. Emberstone

oh oh... harry is shaking his head at you... your slytherin beat your gryffindor... tsk tsk tsk.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting thing to note. In the Room of Requirement, Crabbe is no longer there due to the actor portraying him having 120 hours of community service to complete for his possession of cannabis. Instead Blaise Zabini will be accompanying Goyle and Malfoy to hunt down Potter.

8. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I cannot wait to see the final harry potter though half of me is sad that it's ending this hole series has been completely amazing and something that I've fallen in love with since I was a little kid. I'm thrilled to be going to the midnight showing and see all of the harry potter fans that have fallen in love with harry potter like I did and wearing the costumes of their favorite characters.

I won't ever trade that moment for the world and I can't wait to see the movie in 2d because 3d just won't do the harry potter movie justice. I'm sure that the final battle will be epic like no other action or fantasy movie I've ever seen.

9. Raeil

So, that test is interesting, but it's not how I rank myself. Close though.

1) Ravenclaw - 89 points
    2) Hufflepuff - 73 points
    3) Gryffindor - 62 points
    4) Slytherin - 54 points

Honestly, I place Slytherin higher than Gryffindor, but this test focused more on wanting power than being cunning, and more on chivalrousness than being brave, which is why I think mine are imbalanced.

10. steel03

^We got almost exactly the same score. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I agree with you, I would normally put Gryffindor below Slytherin, but Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are what I expect to see. It isn't perfect, but it's quite a lot more extensive and accurate than any other House quiz I've ever found (by which I mostly mean it's not just a series of obvious four-option multiple choice questions culminating in "WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR LOL? RED YELLOW BLUE OR GREEN? XD" and your choice determines the whole quiz).

11. JudasKissedHIM

Okay at 11h15 central african time, when I walked out of the movie theatre, my childhood was officially over. I can't believe this was the last HP-anything to look forward to.

I don't know if this is lame, but I had a pretty rough time growing up and I always turned to the Harry Potter books & movies when things were bad. Dammit, it helped through three of my parents' divorces. That's the kind of hope and inspiration that is imbedded in the franchise.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But was it as epic as we all think it's going to be?

And yeah it'll be a sad day for all of us, but I'm glad Potter was there for you so amazingly. Still amazes me to this day what Potter can do for people.

13. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

Somewhat like the books. Don't like the movies... :icon_sad:

14. Emberstone

I noticed that earlier in preview clips... am I the only one who finds it funny that they choose 'Blaise' to be in the feind'fire' scene... 'blaise' - 'fire'... just seems like a little joke.

I forget, is it crabbe that sets the feindfyre, and goyle that dies, or vice versa in the books. I hope goyle is the one who dies in the movie. blaise has only appeared since the sixth one.

15. JudasKissedHIM

16. kem

kem

I like the books and the films, but I'm not going to see this before I've seen part 1... :slight_smile:

Oh and I couldn't help but smile when I saw an ad with the words "Grab Harry's wand" on MSN frontpage. :grin:

17. Emberstone

hands off... HE BE MINE!

you should go see part 1. it was different because it was the most loyal of all the films, and they really did a good job keeping a good pace while having the deeper emotional moments that usually got overlooked in the earlier films.

plus... Dan Radcliffe stripped down to his underwear... BUT HANDS OFF, ONLY I GET TO RIDE HIS BROOMSTICK!!!!

18. browneyedboy

haha i actually turned to my friend and said im sure crabbe was white in the first 7 movies, until i picked up on the fact that it was blaise.

also noted a few (quite a few) discrepencies from the book, as far as i remember in neither part 1 or part2 is it announced that remus and tonks have had a son,and then at the end harry talks to lupins "resurection" about his son, also what really irked me was that they went on and on about lillys eyes and snape saying to harry he has lillys eyes, and then they go and use a little girl with brown eyes to portray her (like wtf thats basic casting). also the whole thing with harry breaking the elder wand and not repairing his one, i liked in the book the morality of knowing that the wand was there behind dumbledore's portrait yet them making the decision to leave it. also they left out dumbledore's whole discusion with harry about the hallows. but this is me just over analyzing because i think the books are fantastic.

btw Helena Bonham Carter as Belatrix makes the most bitching witch ever, she is amazing!!!!

19. Emberstone

I am going to need a sleeping pill thursday night. I havce 1:05pm tickets, since I didnt want to pay 12 bucks for midnight showing, and my sleeping habits are bad enough as it is without harry potter madness.

20. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

What? xD

I should get off the internet until I watch it tonight! xD I'm soooo freaking excited it isn't even funny :grin: