1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone thought of having kids someday?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kris B, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Just Passing

Something I posted in a similar(ish) thread earlier:

2. whatsnormal7

I have always known that I want kids... I dont love the idea of a sperm bank because I dont want the mystery involved. But I will have to wait and see what happens.

3. Tornadored

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes.Adoption and surrogacy dont matter to me. Either way i would like to have a family. Plus I have my kids names already picked out!

4. Mr.Pushover

I think I'll want kids

5. concklin

The thought of having my own kids is amazing and scary at the same time. I know the nights full of crying and messes to clean up will be worth it, but I do worry if I'd be a good father or not, and how my kids will turn out in the future as a result of me raising them.

Plus, my brother - the straight one - might not even want kids because of what might be wrong with them. My brother had testicular cancer (so he's one-balling it now), I had a lung issue last year that's apparently possibly genetic, and there's alcoholism in my dad's family. Oh, and can't forget the ADD I have.

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely want to have my own kids some day! It's a huge part of life i'd be otherwise missing out on.

As much as I'd love for the kid to be biologically mine (cause i think it'd be interesting if the kid looked like me) there are tons of kids out there who need homes and loving families. I know adoption is a difficult process and takes a lot of time and money, but I really think it's worth it to take a kid in who needs someone to be there for him or her.

It is a definite possibility someday, but I'd want to be in a healthy long-term relationship before any of that happens!

7. whiterosebeka

i want kids someday.

plus i had a gay guy friend ask me to be a surrogate mother. (part of the terms were i was going to be artificially inseminated with his sperm) i happily excepted, but told them that they were not getting my first born. i don't think US will allow adoptions to gay couples, their rules are strict and can be slightly somewhat demanding. *sigh*

8. Paper Heart

I will have two kids one day. I would prefer if me and my partner used the same surrogate, but with each child inseminated with one father's sperm, so that they are biologically linked. I would consider adopting as well, but part of me wants to pass on my traits, however, I'm terrified of passing on my anxiety/depression. Mine is the most prominent of the cases in our family, but I that won't stop me.

9. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want kids..

10. WaitingForOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wanna have 2 kids some day, even though im young. A boy and a girl. For the boy i wanna name him Aaron, and for the girl i wanna name her Cindy :slight_smile:

11. Bolin

Absolutely not.

12. Jagster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want 2 sons. I'm not sexist or anything, I just want to have two sons. But I wouldn't mind having a daughter as well. :slight_smile:

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want at least one child biologically related to me (i know that may sound wrong :S) but I just mean, I've always wanted kids, but being gay, it is a little more difficult you know? But I just know I want at least one child that is of my own blood, one adopted, and my partner wants to adopt a Chinese baby, always has. As for names, I'm hoping I have a girl and a boy, and he wants a girl. Names: Aiden, Lily, and Maya.

14. Meropspusillus

Yes. I plan to adopt. World doesn't need a bigger population.

15. Adam

I do not want kids. But if I end up with a guy who does want one, I may be open to it.

16. Rikudo

Possibly lol more like all signs point to yes.

17. Aya McCabre

I would love to have kids but my hip issues mean that it's probably not safe for me to be pregnant. I know it's possibly to use stem cells from bone marrow to make sperm.... I think they've only done it with mice but I'm hoping it wil be possible with humans within the next ten years or so and I can save up and be the biological father of my future partner's baby. That would be awesome.

18. Jaason

If I do actually find the right guy in the future, I would see myself as someone with 1 or 2 children, so yes :slight_smile:

I also think it wouldn't matter whether they are my own or my partner's through surrogacy or non-biologically related through adoption; I would love to experience being a parent and going through all the good and bad times associated with being one in the future (when I settle down, have a stable job and good financial means). It would give me a sense of fulfillment in life, I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

After all, without children, who do you give your money to and pass on your dreams when you grow old? haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: