1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Men:First Class

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IanGallagher, May 30, 2011.

1. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "Mutant and proud." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed. Though the same could be said of any minority really.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I REALLY need to watch this this weekend! The last one was HORRIBLE, but everyone says the new one is pretty decent. But who am I kidding, I would go and watch it either way xD

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ Goal ACHIEVED! :grin:

Pretty awesome and I loved pretty much all of it. My only complain is that it didin't have a video after the credits?! It was bull! 20 of us stayed after just for it. When they turned the lights on everyone was like 0.o haha its was hilarious.

But, seriously. No video after the credits >.>

5. Thing

^agreed.

But James McAvoy was AWESOME!

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, I know it's Marvel, but I truthfully wasn't expecting one. What's there to say after that? We sort of already know what happens, X-Men 1, 2 and 3 remember? I mean yes maybe it's a different Universe, but I don't think so this time...

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ They had one for x-men origins so I figured they would just show something cool at the end. I just wanted SOMETHING >.> xD

8. Bolin

Again... I'll deviate from the norm. It was just okay. It wasn't the best X-Men movie in my opinion, and I didn't like the massive story/character changes. Action scenes were awesome, and I LOVED LOVED LOVED Wolverine's cameo! :grin: Also..Nicholas Hoult (played Beast)... *dies*

But still...nowhere near my favorite Marvel Comics film.

9. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know, right? Most people left the theater except for about three other groups of people aside from my own, and nothing happened after the credits. We were kind of like... "Oh. Well... That's a tiny bit disappointing... Okay, I guess we go now." And we proceeded to talk about the movie until around 3 in the morning. (We got out at 11pm.)

10. BloodyRose3000

Agreed. The problem I had was that the motivation behind the antagonist was entirely weak and falls apart upon inspection. But other than that I thought it was 10000 times better than Wolverine's Origins.

11. steel03

I thought it was exactly what a comic book movie should be. Stuff like Dark Knight is really good and that, but it's no fun to watch. This was definitely not a masterful movie, but it was great fun, and I loved that. :slight_smile:

12. BloodyRose3000

While I disagree w/ the "stuff like Dark Knight... it's no fun to watch", I see what you're saying. Granted, I'd rather watch a complicated "masterful" move than a "fun" one, but that's me :icon_wink.

13. steel03

Maybe that's the wrong way to describe it. Dark Knight is an awesome movie for totally different reasons. If I want a really well-made movie, I'll watch Dark Knight or Watchmen, but if I just want a superhero movie, I'll watch X-Men or Spiderman.

14. Danny19

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE X-MEN.. this has been my favorite movies and shows and comics..lol. and this last movie was awesome.. i wish there was like a series. like a Heroes type thing. that would be awesome. anyone else with me on this? lol

15. BloodyRose3000

You when when I was leaving the movie yesterday, I had this whole discourse w/ my dad about how I thought this X Men movie was the complete opposite of Watchmen: whereas Watcman was fully developed, complicated, and well thought out, its greatest weakness was that it was overly complex and thus easily confused anyone who didn't read the book. X Men on the other hand, while also a good movie, was a bit superficial when it came to developing some of the plot and thus came off as overly simplified at times.

16. 10super4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really liked it. I think Michael Fassbender as Erick Lehnsherr/Magneto steals the show. I could definitely identify with the character in a lot of ways right now.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. I'm kinda dreading Deadpool Origins. I love LOVE Reynolds, but the Origins movies I feel may all wind up sucking...

18. IanGallagher

Well, Deadpool was originally very separate from The X-Men (or at least in the same degree as other Marvel characters are, they 'bump' into each other). Plus, word on the street is it's going to be Rated R (like Blade) so expect a entirely different tone as well.

"“It’s a total reboot… We’re either going to pretend that (Origins) didn’t happen – or mock it, which he could. It’s insane, it’s definitely comedy… But it’s an R script, it’s really irreverent and violent. Right away, we’re out of the X-Men world.”
    - Lauren Shuler Donner

19. Nomad187

The only reason the other movies had stuff after the credits was because it was alluding to the Avengers movie and linking them