1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo's

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by richardinmobile, May 29, 2011.

1. richardinmobile

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are your thoughts or comments on tattoo's? Are they hot or not? Ok or not ok? I just recently got one and I actually want to get a couple more now...

2. Rikudo

Love them, can be hot on some people, and ok.

Seriously though it's up to the person. It's best if the tattoo has meaning because you're less likely to regret it. I've got two of my own that I've had for over a year and they just become a part of you over time. I'd probably like to get many many more but cash is my biggest limiter.

3. richardinmobile

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the one I got says "HE>i" which has been my favorite scripture for years (John 3:30)
    It's a major part of my life..

4. Ridiculous

I only like tattoos if they are simple - really simple. Like, just a black circle or square on the back of someone wrist, or a small word in really clean font (not cursive). Anything more complicated or intricate than that I don't really like.

5. I love tattoos. I have three now and am planning on at least four more. I think that being able to express myself and my life on my body is a beautiful thing. I didn't get to choose how I look, but tattoos allow me to put my inside on the outside a little bit. It marks on my very skin the life and meaning I have created for myself.

That being said, I also think they are hot on other people. I love summer time because everyone's tattoos are out there. It just makes you original in a way that you get to pick and it's a great conversation starter.

6. Sakura

I like tattoos ok. I have one and plan on getting 2-3 more. :slight_smile: I don't really care for the full sleeves or anything but I think some people look pretty good with tattoos. My first tattoo doesn't have any deep meaning to it or anything(always loved looking at stars and stuff, so I got a moon with stars and mist surrounding it) but I love for other people's to have some kinda meaning to them (not just gotten on a whim). My other tattoos I plan I getting eventually have a deep meaning to me. :grin: The meaning behind a tattoo just makes it so much more interesting. But yeah...now I'm just rambling. sorry. hehe ^_^

7. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I had class with a guy last semester who had very unattractive, garish tattoos all over his arms. However, I currently have class with a guy and a girl who both have very cool tattoos. The guy has something in Arabic script and the girl has this amazingly cute elephant.

8. Aya McCabre

I love them, and most other forms of bodymod. I... may be something of a bodymod snob. I hang out on sites with people who work in the industry and people who are enthusiastic about it (or I did before the site decided to lock me out), so if something isn't well done or has aged badly in a preventable way I have to restrain myself from commenting. (Guy in my class with a blown-out ear piercing. I can't sit behind him where I can see it....)
    So yeah, they have to be well done, but in general I love them. I have two, I have three more designed and eventually I plan to cover one whole arm, half my other arm (with perhaps a scarification piece to fill the gap between that and my current work), my entire back (possibly extending to my neck and sides), my chest and my feet.... not sure what I'm doing with my legs just yet. Currently working on my piercing collection instead since it's cheaper to do........

9. Hexagon

I'm going to have to have some once I get surgery. And I usually like them.

10. daedalus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like tattoos but certain places in my city they're just horribly overdone/over the top by so many people that it'd have to be real unique for me to like them. I really like the ones that you can only see under a UV light.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am possibly the only 20-year-old on the planet who neither has nor wants a tattoo, and generally doesn't find them attractive.

12. Just Passing

You're not alone.

I don't have any tattoos and don't see what's special about them, but I know people who have them and I don't mind it on them. Though I remember seeing the pensioner who had the most tattoos of her age and that was ridiculous.

13. Flyers2011

I like them if they aren't tacky or garish.

Like some nice writing in a foreign language or something meaningful. Like I hate it when people get a tattoo of Mickey Mouse. I don't know why it just pisses me off.

I want two. I want one that says, "I would rather die than be disgraced," which is my family's motto (Old Irish name). And I want a tattoo of my family's coat of arms.

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

A tattoo on a guys pelvis is Hot!

15. Skiel

Skiel Guest

I second that! (!)

I would prefer no tattoos either...

Maybe one tattoo on a guy is hot like on the biceps or pecs or pelvis like the above said:lol: but that's it and it has to be small nothing too big and crazy. That's my limit though. Generally though, none is better :thumbsup:

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm from the "less is more" group. I mean, if you want to get your whole body done, I'm the last person to say no. But I find a lot of tattoos to be...well, distracting. There's so much going on I can't see YOU, you know?

I personally don't have a tattoo. But I've often thought about getting a small one. The one design I often consider was the pirate symbol from Talespin - a fox skull and crossbones. I always thought it looked neat.

[​IMG]

Lex

17. TraceElement

I'm not a big fan of sleeves or huge tattoos, but I do like small tattoos that mean something. I plan on getting a tattoo that has 2 bass clef signatures forming a heart, since music is an influential part of my life, and I love it. Don't know if I want to do it solid black or rainbow though.

18. kem

kem

I think tattoos are nice. I would like one that says "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". I'd also like a small rococo-style fleur-de-lis somewhere on my elbow (or hip?) Simple black designs look best in my opinion, coloured ones tend to not look that good.