1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date a transsexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hot Pink, May 27, 2011.

?

Would you date a transsexual?

1. Yes, I'm cool anyone.

35 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Yes, but only an MTF.

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Yes, but only an FTM.

11 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. No, sorry.

35 vote(s)
    28.9%
  5. Maybe.

30 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Aya McCabre

My definition of female is 'not male', so anyone who identifies as female (or more female than male or possibly if they don't identify with any gender) is fine by me. Though it is unusual for me to be attracted to anyone.

2. StarofMiyu

I'd almost honestly prefer a transexual...

3. Keelin

Thank you :slight_smile: you just made my day.

4. aidan

if they look like a man and they have a really great personality thing... then why not?

5. Rikudo

Yeah if that attraction is there sure. However I can see problems arising when it comes to physical interaction. There's only so much an emotional connection can provide.

6. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hm, at first I thought no, but the more I think about it, it could be really romantic. I think FTM would be really cute. :slight_smile:

7. Hot Pink

Well, I'm not really someone who believes in true love or fate. I believe that if you don't put yourself out there, you won't ever find anyone. For most of my life, I've been reclusive, so I never tried to find anyone.

Now, I'm less like that and finding myself open to love--if not hungering for affection. As I'm just starting transition, I doubt I'll find anyone who will be interested in me for a few years. I guess I just feel a bit like a failure that I'm 26 and have never been in love.

8. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the dynamic may be hard to swing, honestly. The subject can be prickly and the emotional baggage could be quite severe, so it comes down to the person.

I said "sure, any" even though I identify as gay, since I do not feel that I am exclusively into guys, only 99% of the time.

In a real-world situation, I might enjoy supporting a trans person more than the relationship itself. I get an odd motherly impulse around trans people, wanting to help them fit in and giving advice on details and such that help them (and do not take this the wrong way, Hot Pink) 'sell it'. I mean, it takes twenty years to make a woman or man the 'usual' way, so I imagine all the help you can get is appreciated.

That probably comes off as patronizing, so I would expect a real relationship to be a disaster. Given that, I'm probably a better friend than mate for a trans person.

9. Hexagon

Dude, I am trans. But I'm pretty sure I'd date a trans-person - of either or all genders - even if I wasn't trans.

10. Jaason

I would be willing to date a trans person, but because I'm a gay guy, I'd only date guys (so for a trans person, that would mean FtM only) :slight_smile:

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm gay so FTM only, but I would absolutely date a transsexual.

12. Wolfy

I'm Trans, and I'd probably date a FtM.
    I mean, if I love them, why not? ^^

13. Raeil

I wouldn't mind dating a transsexual individual at all, as long as the individual in question is a FtM. Admittedly, if this individual is still in a female body I'm not sure I would be attracted to them in the first place, but I've never been in this situation, so I'm not entirely sure.

14. Just Passing

I've never been in the situation, but I'm not sure. I'm also unsure if it's ethically right to either, but if the individual in question had a great personality that we'd got on well together with, I'd probably give it a go.

So, maybe...

15. starfish

Why the hell not.

---------- Post added 28th May 2011 at 10:25 PM ----------

Honey, you're not a failure. We all have our path to walk in life. You're walking tours and that makes you anything but a failure.

16. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

If I like any person, guy, girl, or anything else and they like me back, then it is all good. This question is particularly tough because I don't know anybody to be transsexual. So if I meet one that I like, then why not? :slight_smile:

17. trannydude

totally! we all need love! :slight_smile:

18. GhostDog

I'd probably date a MtF, but I haven't been in the situation before. But if I liked her and was attracted to her, I don't think biological sex would matter to me. Likewise, I think of FtMs like I would any other dude, and my interest drops off.

19. Sakura

I was asked this same question about a year ago and at that time I thought "probably not." But as time goes on I have started thinking yes (either FtM or MtF), if I find that we have a connection and there are sparks. I have recently found myself being really attracted to people who are FtM, other types of guys, genderqueer people, and just androgynous people in general, where in the past I didn't find myself attracted to those types of people that often. I guess since I have started coming out as trans, I have finally started allowing myself to explore these feelings where before I was too scared. I'm still at the beginning of figuring everything out, but I definitely am more open to the thought of dating a person who is FtM or MtF.

20. Androgenous1

Love is for everyone, so yeah :slight_smile: