1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretending to be straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IanGallagher, Apr 26, 2011.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

This March, I was on vacation in Boston. I had decided that I was going to come out after this trip for various reasons, but I am still in the closet at this point.

We were a group of about 25 people, and we were going to ride the T. The T was very crowded, so me and some other guy get onto a different car. On the Boston T, it is very difficult to keep your balance when you are standing. I saw a couple girls falling down all the time and I said randomly that they could hold on if they wanted. I didn't realize that maybe it seemed like I was flirting. Eventually one of them grabs onto my shoulder to avoid falling.

Anyway, the train clears out a bit, and me and this other guy end up sitting down with these girls. And we sit and chat about all types of random stuff for about 10 minutes. I, for one, just thought of it as meeting new people. When they get off the train, the guy I was sitting on the train with offers me a fist pound.. and then I was like OOOOOOOO! (In my head)

The pretending came after. My friend was anxious to share this story with everybody we were with. He made it sound like these girls were totally into us, (which they probably were to some extent looking back). And so basically I went with the entire story and made myself look like the guy who could get all the hot chicks with him. It was kinda hilarious for myself. And this kid told like everybody about this. He was so proud of himself lol.

Obviously when I came out just after the trip, it was a good laugh for everybody :lol:

2. Zontar

I do it where I need to. I'm not an "activist" type; if my sexuality is going to get in the way of some means to an end, I generally don't disclose it to that particular person.

3. Psymark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was younger, I was doing pretty much all the time. But now...I don't even bother. When I'm being asked a question that...involves heterosexuality, let's say, my answers are extremely vague or I quickly change the subject. I don't think I sound believable if I say "I like big tits".

4. Indiana Juno

My best friend (who I've hooked up with ironically) was dating a girl at a local college. She happened to be good friends with a rather loud-mouthed coworker of mine, so I made it a point not to let her know I was gay, seeing the possible repercussions at work.

So one night we pre-gamed, got wasted, and tried finding a party on campus. The only one still going on was a gay party. Hanging out in the corner with a few friends, an unbelievably hot guy sits down next to me and starts subtly flirting with me. I flirted back a little, until the girl I was with dragged me away.

"He's totally hitting on you!"

I had to go along with it...unfortunately I never found out his name or saw him again...it's sad, he was so cute and, from what I saw, a decent conversationalist.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I think I'm only rude because, I'm trying to "act" straight, I'm so used to it, I do it online :lol:

I am a nice person but.. I don't know, pretending to be straight and watching I say, is mixing me up!..

:dead:

6. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol i am an exspert at plaing the straet game
    there was this one time whin i was in a thning buth by my self and this rely hot giy cam in andi mena this giy was smoking hot an he disidisd to sit acros from me so it maid it purity hard to ignore all the gay tots cumming in my mind. aviculy i cud not help but check him out and thin he smiles at me and thin he sesa do u like what u see i did notr anser so thin he says so my musals r to distrackting so let me give u sumthing ells to focis on and thin the removed his sped omg he skard the pee out of me i ran frum the taning buth. later i faund out my gran bukt us at a gay nud hotel....i think miy story is most embarrassing.

7. Zac4

i play it str8 all the time, no1 knows. i hate it.

8. mischa91

I don't really act straight or gay, i'm just me. I tend not to comment if someone is hot or not, i'll think it but won't say it.

I get asked by my parents friends about boyfriends and such all the time, i either don't answer or an very vague. I actually think my mam thinks i'm a lesbian because she'll usually step in and tell them to leave me alone which is nice of her i guess.

I think most people who know me assume i'm straight because that's what straight people assume, that everyone is just like them. A friend of mine is actually trying to set me up with her son, it's awkward as hell.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I should be getting a job in a restraunt, this week!

Time to get my straight on!... *sigh*

10. manderin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i act straight all day, its torture... the only place that i can really be myself is on this magnificent website.

11. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree.

12. ICTOAUN

about a year ago i was driving my one of my friends home. she kept asking me what i had done with boys. i finally told her that i had been fingered and eaten out by a boy (in reality - a girl). she was shocked and wanted to know the whole story (shes pretty nosey). so i made up a story. i did it with a guy from another state i used to live next to as a kid on a beach. and that we did it under a pier around sunset (cant get any more phony). she believed me (shes also pretty gullible). unfortunately, this friend told a handful of people. so now i have to pretend it actually happened. luckily, i came out to one of my friends that knew about the story, and now we crack up about it.

13. LockerPanda

I understand what you mean
    This happens to me all the time:rolle::lol:
    The most recent being when one of my friends (still haven't come out to her yet) pulled out the yearbook and insisted on rating every single guy in our grade.

All I could do was sit there thinking "Meh, they're ok..:sleep: can you stop now.." :eusa_doh:

I've been pretending to be straight for so long that it has gotten to the point where I'm so far in the closet that I'm drinking Tea in Narnia :eusa_sile

14. RocketMoose27

*sigh* I'm like a robot when it comes to acting straight around my family, friends, and at school! I can't even get a good glance at the occasional good looking guy walking by because i'm so "In the zone" and concentrating on what i'm doing and disguising the fact that i'm gay.
    It gets depressing after a while though. :dry:

Believe me, you wouldn't even think for a second that I was gay if you met me irl. but... I am guilty of drawing "Fluff" between two certain male characters in my sketch-pad, so I'm constantly guarding it with my life and hiding it like it holds the secrets of the universe or some crap like that.

15. Phantosmiac

It's sad, I don't have to act straight. Well, at least everyone I have ever told has been completely astounded. I don't think of myself as particularly masculine, but for so e reason people think I'm straight all the time. And I check guys out all the time. I may be naturally discreet about checking guys out but I don't actively hide it (unless its the boys locker room).

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People should just act the way they are naturally wired to act. Most people aren't pretending to be anything - straight, gay, or somewhere in between. If I'm running errands in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip flops, and being on a sturdier frame, people probably think I'm a Kinsey 0. That's just people's minds categorizing. However, the few times I've looked too long, or got caught looking, they've known otherwise. So, no one needs to amp this up because one is expected to look a certain way to differentiate oneself. Believe me, with eye contact and choices of words, those will do all the work for you. And, if I like what I see, I look. If it's reciprocated, I'll even talk.

Maybe this gets into the debate over not acting at all, meaning making it a non-issue. I don't know. Is that passive-aggressive, if you currently aren't seeing anyone or aren't attending politically charged meetings? Or even social ones? What if you prefer time to yourself or are not a joiner? For me, it's affirmative on both of these, and has been for most of my life.

17. GayTornado

RocketMoose did you really have to necrobump this thread?

18. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I wasn't out and people would talk about sex with girls and "normal" straight guy stuff, I would try to act mature about the situation and answer their questions like "are you a tit or an ass man?" Like it was something normal. With a straight face and without explanation. I would try to make them believe I knew lots about the subject but in fact I was just winging it! Haha! I guess I'm a good actor :wink:

19. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've fooled my psychologist, various friends and family members, a few who claimed to have excellent gaydar, and even several members of EC! Worst of all, I fooled myself for a good twenty or so years.

20. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even though most of my school Consider me gay i'm still deny it all and act straight because i'm not ready to come out yet. i was barely able to come out to my best friend and i trust her more than anyone.....