1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn offs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyDecember, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I really don't get you people who say weight is a deal-breaker for you. Whatever; it just means more lovely fatties for me.

As for my biggest turn-offs (I could list quite a few if I weren't limiting myself to the biggest), my biggest personality turn-off is thugishness. Someone who acts tough won't have an easy time getting on my good side, since I'm hardly the macho type. Façades in general are a turn off for me, since I'm a pretty genuine person, and as someone who is pretty subdued and kind, people who are loud and rude really grate on me.

Physically, my biggest turn off is muscles. I can like a lot of different kinds of guys, but muscle-men are not among them. I can tolerate underweight guys, and I like my guys on the fatter side, but I just don't like muscles on a man at all. I can't really explain it; in the same way that some people are repulsed by someone who weighs too much (again, I just don't get it), I'm repulsed by someone who has spent too much time in the gym.

2. Flyers2011

My biggest turn off in girls are if they're too skinny (it's weird cuddling with a stick I'll tell ya), too fat (it shows they don't really care, unless they have a gland problem it's not their fault), whiny girls, girls who think they're fat, girls who think they can pull off skinny jeans but can't, girls who think sports are stupid, girls who don't like food, girls who like to sit around and do nothing, girls who think it's weird that I read, girls who pretend to be into religion but their actions prove otherwise. Wow. Sounds like Ex #1.

3. Aya McCabre

Being closeted would have to be my biggest one. I don't like hiding things.
    Also incompatible politics...... I don't expect everyone to be as left as me but they have to at least put up with it (a lot of people don't - the lable has a bad reputation) and not be actively voting against it.
    As far as physical stuff goes it's pretty much just being healthy. I like chubby girls but obesity is out, and I wouldn't go for someone who's bones were on display either.
    Also not a fan of muscles. Sporty is fine but not weightlifter-type muscley.
    Oh and smoking. I have dated a smoker before but yeah.... Not sexy.

4. stageone

Smell (can go either way)
    People who are unreliable, all about themselves ... superficial. Seriously? Don't waste my time.

5. Mr.Pushover

Smokers, drugees.

I'm not big on real long hair, either.

Someone who doesn't talk much (because I need to be the one who doesn't talk a lot Dx).

6. Emberstone

Dutch oven...

7. TheJoker

Damn! You hate me!! :eek:

8. Allecto

My list:
    - Flat-tops/crew cuts. The only woman who can pull it off is Grace Jones.
    - Hardcore butches.
    - Lesbian separatists. Leave that shit in the seventies where it belongs.
    - Anorexia/bulimia.
    - Obesity.
    - Poor hygiene.

9. TheJoker

you must have been dating with my ex :lol:

...women :dry:

10. TheDarkerPoet

hahaha I know right?

It won't turn me on if she's a lot taller than me.
    Overweight isn't really a problem for me. I mean, not totally obese. But curves I go for any day.
    Piercings will turn me off if there're a lot of them. And huge tattoos all over the body... not going for that.
    Girls who are super-feminist. I really prefer the chill feminists. I'm not huge on the "womyn" thing or whatever. Turns me off :/
    Won't take druggies. If she's a smoker it's absolutely fine, but anything harder than cannabis I will not stand for.
    If she likes country music. Can't stand the damned thing. (Wow, I feel really picky now.)
    I'd prefer if she didn't load on the perfume, also.

11. ok455

My biggest turn off is Tattoos 1 or 2 tattoos are fine depending on location and size. I think its a turn off when a guy has sleeves and tattoos scatted all over the place i don't want a guy that looks like a walking comic book.

#31 ok455, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  12. TheJoker

Physical
    -Too skinny. I don't have necrophilia.I like my girl look like alive.
    -Hairy girls.Girl & hair.If i liked hair on a cute thing, i would do it with my cat.
    -Extreme make up.I love clowns but i'm not sexually attracted to them.
    -Girls with extremely girly voice.They make me feel like i'm doing Mickey Mouse.

Emotional
    -Whining & crying girls. "You are not in love with me..you do love me but you are not in love with me..:tears:"
    -Attention whores "why you don't call me in every 15 minutes?!"
    -Jealous girls "I know she is 14 but what if you like her in future!"
    -Manipulators "I hate marriage too but i think its okay with someone i will really love most :icon_wink"
    -Cheaters "Yes,he was my ex before but now we are best friends and we are together all the time because he is really important person for me.What? How dare you!!!"
    -Having weird religious & moral codes but not about theirself: "I think people should keep their virginity until marriage.I would too if i didnt lose it by accident." How it happened, a motorcycle dive into your pussy? :***:

#32 TheJoker, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  13. Ichi42go

Uuuugh... People that look like me. (Apparently many of you agree too......) Sooo, this was encouraging. :dry:

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not true. i assume you're referring to Leah Betts, who drank far too much water because of unreasonable fear of dehydration, not thirst. She died from brain expansion within her cranium because the water intake reduced the level of salt in her blood catastrophically. She's a victim of misinformation.

it's true that the street drug (as with any street drug) is completely untrustworthy though.

Click here for a very informative discussion on the subject (youtube link)

this is what i was afraid of =( we shouldn't be making people feel unwanted!

Don't worry ichi, whatever it is that's made you feel discouraged shouldn't.

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2011 at 08:18 AM ----------

oh god, right on man!

#34 Pseudojim, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  15. NickT

Smoking and drug use. Yes, that includes marijuana.

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what about caffeine?

haha, god i'm a terrible pedant

17. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

smokers, snobby guys, people who wear their pants half way down their @$$, vain guys, liars, ignorance, apathy, long hair, guys with long nails, bad breath, people who act too nice but they are obviously fake, and guys who are just too full of themselves -,-

#37 Witchcraft, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  18. RaRa

Hypocrisy, and general douchebaggery is what I hate the most. :slight_smile:

19. Ianthe

Rudeness, especially to anyone even temporarily less powerful (i.e. servers in restaurants, other customer service people, employees, etc.); or to elderly people or children.

20. Iniquity

For me, these are on my list:
    -Someone who feels like they can't joke around and with me. On the same note, someone who can't ask me a question if they're unsure about something. I deal with enough passing on a daily basis that I want someone to inquire to me if they're wondering.
    -I've been affected by bullying, so I do not mind guys whose bodies are not those of fantasies. For those who may be overweight by a lot, I'd be willing to work with them to lower that, but being comfortable in that situation when it is unhealthy is a major turnoff for me.
    -I'm not a fan of hardcore (otherwise thug) types at all. Period. That's an instant deal breaker.
    -I'd be willing to help someone stop smoking, but I can't deal with someone who doesn't want to quit. No drugs, though.
    -Untrustworthy people. I've dealt with so many liars, not in just the factual sense, but about their true selves (the first relationship I had with a guy was someone who led me on that he was gay, but wasn't) that I want someone I can have true trust in. That trust includes telling me when a mistake is made.
    -Finally, probably not most importantly, but guys who don't respect my decision to remain sober in life are turn-offs for me. I don't go throwing or forcing my choices on people, and for that, I expect people will respect my choice not to drink.