1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoiding razor burn "down there"

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flymetothemoon, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    kara gives such good advice, trimming is preferred (my method of choice, and no complaints yet) but coochy cream DOES work, as does a product called "no bump" which is pretty cheap at sally beauty supply

2. finmango

finmango Guest

a very high quality shaving cream is the key. It costs a little more, but is well worth it. I find Aveeno shaving gel is very nice, and leaves the skin hydrated and soft, with little to know razor burn.

3. agraves

I actually use my regular hair conditioner as a kind of shaving cream. I don't remember where I read to use that, but it seems to work well for me. It makes things very smooth. My girlfriend, who has extra sensitive skin, uses it as well and has no problems. Give it a shot!

4. Ianthe

I sometimes use an electric shaver, and sometimes use a regular shaver, like in the article I linked to. The regular shaver results in a little bit of a closer shave, which can be both good and bad (shaving too close makes ingrown hairs more likely). The electric shaver is faster and less hassle, and as long as you get the kind with the metal screen, I don't think there is much risk of really hurting yourself. I never have.

Aside from the risk of burns I mentioned before, I'm too impatient for waxing. You have to wait for your hair to be long enough to be waxed off, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch depending on the hair. I'm not always willing to wait.

Waxing is much less risky if you don't take it all off--some people get a bikini wax leaving just a "landing strip," and then shave the rest.