1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you personally know any masculine gay men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Macholover, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there is probably alot.

2. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think so. All the gay guys I know don't act all that masculine. But then again my gaydar is really bad so I may know some guys who just aren't out or haven't said anything.

3. zerogravity

People say I act masculine - I am really sporty and and my job is not typically gay. I don't have a "gay accent", and I don't dress or act effeminate. Also, I have girls hitting on me when I go out, so people see me talking to girls and think I am straight.

I guess the only thing that gives it away is that I have good personal hygiene, dress nicely and always press my clothes, smell nice, keep my hair combed and nails trimmed, work out, use waterpik/floss/brush etc. People just assume I am metrosexual - I want to say, "no, actually I'm a homo". Also, I am always checking out hot guys, so if you were observant you would notice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When I am hanging out with super-stereotypical straight guys, I consciously try to act more straight.

#83 zerogravity, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I personally don't know any that are out. I know for a fact that one of the football players at my university is gay, but it's a huge secret and only a couple of people know about it. I feel so bad for him.

I guess it depends on what we mean by "masculine" though. I mean...I know a massive collegiate linebacker that is absolutely OBSESSED with Lady Gaga but he's totally straight, and then I know flaming twinks that are really into baseball and one of them even works a construction job during the summer.

Things like this are hard to define, really.

#84 Kidd, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Bolin

I only know of 1 personally. Other than that, others are either feminine, or half and half (like me, lol).

6. Enaithor

All the gay guys I know that are out are rather feminine, but I know one person is definitely gay (gaydar BLOOP BLOOP EXPLODE) and he's rather masculine. But he has moments of ultra-campness too, normally only lasting like half a second though...wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one that notices them

7. Thisisnew

My brother is gay, I think he is pretty masculine. Other than him I don't know to many gay guys.

8. brodyman

I personally don't know many masculine guys who are gay and out. But then again, I don't know many gay guys in general. I consider myself pretty masculine though. I'm play football on varsity, I hunt, and I don't dress different or act differently. But I am not out either, my guess is most of the guys who are masculine have trouble coming out with it either that or the gaydar gets a little confused with them.

9. gialamas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From reading though some of these posts, yea i'd agree that this subject completely depends on what is considered masculine. I'd personally consider myself masculine and gay. Played football, rugby, and all the "manly" stereotypical sports. My tastes in music and hobbies tend to be the complete opposite of my brothers and his friends, (of whom my brother is twinky and very much feminine). I also have a pretty stocky build and personally cannot stand anything related to shopping.

I've never really thought about it though; I mean these are just some traits of how I am. Whether it means I'm masculine or a hamster really doesn't matter in my eyes.

I also have a gaydar that would be more effective if it were used as a door stopper considering how completely useless it is.

10. Hank

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This thread is weird--and also sad. I can confidentally say that the VAST majority of gay men are masculine. The stereotype is just opposite because the feminine gay men are so obvious. Some gay men are the most masculine men that you ever encounter.

11. BudderMC

are so obvious... due to what society deems as the stereotype, not because all feminine men are gay. (just to clarify)

12. Suffocation

No, but I think that is a good thing, since I am only 13.
    :thumbsup:

13. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

No... One has purple streaks in his hair, one carries around a big pink bag, another is really androgynous (I nearly mistook him for a girl, and feel a bit bad about it. we're cool now though haha) and they all talk in higher voices. I don't think hardly any of my friends, gay, bi, male or female, could pass for straight, haha. :3

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know one masculine guy who is bisexual and leans slightly on the gay side of the spectrum.

But definitely not me. I have philosophical problems with masculinity, and I have been publicly rejecting it for a while now.

15. HatterMad

I know of many bi or gay guys who would never set off the gaydar.

Fishermen, a lumberjack, business men, and even some of the jocks at school. Some of them were out I think, not all though.

I think that what happens is we notice the others more easily. I mean, you're not gunna be checking out some big-ass logger or a the quarterback and asking him for a date...BECAUSE it's not so obvious.

16. Silvails52

Yep. I'm dating one! XD He's into cars, fishing, hunting, loves a good burger and meat, and he's so sweet and caring. And romantic.

17. Jackdaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can you send some my way please Hank. Thanks. (!)

18. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I am one, though I am not sure if I really am gay.

19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I know only two gay guys.
    Both are sort of neither.
    They're not feminine, but not overly masculine either.

20. Layla

I know one who is so masculine that no-one believed him when he came out. His own mother laughed. Everyones accepted him now, but for a while we were all like "What, really? Him?!"