1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want to get married??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Colton

When I was ounger, I always thought getting married would be like, the betthing ever. Especially on a beach somewhere. Now the idea is just, O_O'

2. Mystery

I want the marriage, the wedding day, the kids and all that comes in between and after. It's really the only thing in my life that I was ever sure about when it came to my future. I'd be the type of person who would take pride in taking care of my family. I look forward to every minute of it.

3. Totoro

I just want the benefits >.> Don't really care about marriage.

4. Ben

Ben

Yes! Not for quite a few years yet, but yes :grin:

5. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Absolutely 100% yes. :3

6. EM68

Yes! I have been dating my bf for over 7 months and we want to move in together at some point. Once we do I want to be married. Not only because he is the love of my life but for practical reasons. I want us to be protected if anything should happen to us. Whether its in with housing, taxes, or hospital visitation. There are over 1000 rights that married couples have over non married couples.

7. ok455

Yes i would like to get married one day i agree with the person who said wait 3 years before anything i would want to live together first I don't want any kids.

There was a song i was listening too i haven't heard in years i was thinking how it would make a good wedding song. And the guy i like standing next to me wearing a suit

#47 ok455, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  8. Beertruck

Yeah of course.

I'm still a little young, but I don't see why not in the future.

9. Connor22

definatly, not right now of course but eventually, all depends on wether or not I meet the right guy

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate this question. I'm on the fence when it comes to marriage.

I suppose I do want to get married someday, I'm not going to lie. It would be nice to have someone who I know would always be there, and someone to start a family with, and all that good stuff. But I think the whole act of marriage is totally overblown these days. If I were to get married I would want a very small, very simple wedding, or no wedding at all.

Honestly I'm not too sure, I mean as long as we were both happy and committed to each other then why would we need to go through the act of marriage - aside from the legal benefits of course, which everyone knows would be great?

11. roborama

ive always wanted to get married and if i was in the right place in my life with the right person i definitly would

12. Idonteven

I don't know... simple answer.

I'll give it some thought in 10 years or before If I meet the perfect guy and we're both at that point in life where you're ready for it.

13. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I believe that it would be nice to have someone that's always there for you and will always be there. Plus having a family would be nice. Of course that's quite aways away

14. SMLequalBGFs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    personally, no. that may change as i get into more serious relationships, but for now, i don't want to be legally bound to anybody other then my own children. i want my relationship to stay solid because i'm making it, not because a divorce is too hard. i want a relationship, not an institution.

15. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

YESSS I wanna get married to someone. I'm lucky, it's Canada =p

And yeah... I used to think I wanted kids, now I don't know. And if we did have kids, I wonder how it'd work ... Like... adopt? or surrogacy? or surrogacy with his sister if he had one >_> ? I wonder =p Or maybe I'll just get a dog : D I want a doberman pinscher. He can be the tough guy to complement my softness maybe : D ?

16. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As EM68 and Revan already said, there are certain rights that go along with marriage (such as becoming the person who decides whether to pull the plug whether they're in a coma etc).

If I ever got married the actual marriage and legal marriage would be entirely seperate things. I dont wish for a moment of great beauty and love to be clamped together by bureaucracy.

So far, I dont plan to get married because I've never met anyone worth marrying.