bumping into Celebs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    My hometown in Montana is sort of a gathering ground for rich and famous people looking for a quiet place to live. I've met Meg Ryan at the local burger place, ran into Dennis Quaid and his sons while hiking, grew up with Margo Kidder (original Louis Lane), one of my best friend's grandpa is Jim Harrison (author, poet, director), Jane and Henry Fonda live there and you see them at public events all the time, Tom Brokaw and his wife live there, Christopher Paolini (author of Inheritance Cycle) grew up there at the same time as me, Russel Chatham (huge artist) lives there and is always out, Jeff Bridges is also here and owns a coffee shop, Michael Keaton is here and haha, has actually hit on my sister before, and lastly Whoopie Goldberg has a ranch there too. It's such a small town (max 9 thousand) that even though we let them fit right in with everyone else, it's pretty easy to see them every once and a while.

2. My sister literally bumped into Barbara Walters while we were in the lobby of a hotel in NYC. Nearly knocked her down, actually.

3. secretstache09

Funny that you should say that, because my cousin was just telling me how he met Nicki Minaj right before she got really popular. He chatted with her and took pictures with her and stuff. He also talked about how he was at some place where he was sitting a couple tables away from Beyonce and Jay Z. He kept looking over and he said Jay Z looked over at him in a way like "wtf do you keep lookin over here for" lol! Theres only 3 celebs who I would be star struck to meet: Beyonce, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw the Prime Minister at my local shopping centre. It was puzzling. I've also met and hugged Ruby Rose, who's only really known in Australia but is awesome.

5. Mistie

Mistie Guest

I see Brian Litrell (one of the Backstreet Boys) at my grocery store from time to time. He's always looks suspicious with glancing around with his cap on.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I once peed next to the singer for Smash Mouth, I forget his name

7. Beertruck

I've run into Tracy Morgan on the streets of New York three times. Bizarre. He probably thinks I'm his stalker.

8. Connor22

I bumped into lady ma ma in belfast one time, had the whole place going "IT'S GA GA IT'S GA GA IN BELFAST" but when we asked a guy who worked there he said no it's a tribute act and we were all like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    also turned out she was in pheonix. Who knew?

aside from that Leeam Neison was gonna buy an apartment just up the road from me but he didn't

9. Oh, I also met Lucas Neff (he plays Jimmy in "Raising Hope", it's on after Glee) when I was in Chicago. He's engaged to an actress in a play I saw with my theatre group. He was so adorable!

10. Shevanel

Stayed in the same hotel as Steven Seagal sometime in the late 90s in Washington DC and saw him in the hotel lobby. That was pretty cool. xD Steven fucking Seagal!

And I was also 5 feet from Mayor Rudolph Giuliani during the night before Thanksgiving Day where they were filling up the balloons for the Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC quite a few years ago as well.

That's all I can think of currently.

OH! And the guy who plays Lonnie in 'I Love You, Man'!
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ognvWIwjKTQ[/YOUTUBE]

Saw him at a Met's Game when I was getting food, he was just randomly there. xD

#30 Shevanel, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  11. MusicIsLife

I saw Alissa Gluz-White of the metal band The Agonist at the bookstore I work at, but I was in such shock I didnt think to go over and say hi.

The only other one was whe my friend and I went to see Cobra Starship in Toronto, we were at an asian grocery store and in line to pay. I had my cobra starship tote over my shoulder and suddenly I hear: "Nice bag!" I turn around and its Gabe Saporta! The lead singer to those who dont know Cobra Starship. We talked awkwardly for a few minutes before he left.

I've met a ton of musicians from various bands from hanging out after concerts or getting free to warped tour either via street team volunteer stuff or winning VIP passes. I just tend to get lucky like that.

12. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure this makes me weird.. but I know who that is! While I have no idea who half the celebs named in this thread are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As for myself: at a funeral of one of my old teachers, I saw about half the Belgian jet-set (he was well-connected in TV circles), though I don't think any of their names would ring a bell outside of the country.

Oh, and when I first moved to my current appartment, there was a young hopeful actress two floors below me. The next year she moved away. This year she has her own TV show. I should have asked for an autograph ahead of the curve :wink:

And if you stretch it, I've seen Condolleeza Rice once at a distance of about 5 meters, when she was visiting Brussels, but I'm sure that if I had so much as extended a hand, I'd have been tackled by five muscular men...

13. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Miranda Cosgrove (Icarly, Drake and Josh) had tutoring sessions at the library that is the hangout for the elementary/middle school kids, I saw her there when I was in the 7th grade. In New York I met Donna McKecknie (the originial Cassie in A Chorus Line), I saw Jennifer Garner go into a Rite Aid a few years back, Rutger Hauer (The Hitchhiker in the original The Hitcher) was in the same elevator as me and my dad.

14. Milord

I have packed a famous Miss Weather's groceries once! Haha

15. olides84

I went to university in LA and I'd see celebs around, but the strangest encounter was when I was talking with another college-age guy in the airport while waiting for a flight. I asked what he did and he said he was a student at an LA college. We talked about skiing, etc. then went back to whatever. Later I see a woman and her two young daughters come up to him and start talking, and then he gives them his autograph. I sorta ask what that was about and he says he does some acting as well. I don't pry, but I noticed he puts on a hat and sunglasses. When we are boarding he catches my eye and I see him point toward the TV and smirk. There he is, on ABC, acting on a show. I still didn't know who he was or even what the show was, but I later found out it was Boy Meets World which was popular and on for years and his real name is Rider Strong. He was a cool guy.

16. maverick

I saw Kevin Bacon standing on a street corner smoking a cigarette in NYC once. The thought of approaching him didn't even cross my mind, I was just so boggled to see him there smoking a cig in street clothes like a normal person.

How you get away with doing that when you're Kevin Bacon, I have no idea - he has one of the most distinct looking faces in movies I think.

#36 maverick, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know about Tegan and Sara. :slight_smile:

The weirdest "bump into a celeb" thing I had was running into a couple members of 30 Seconds to Mars about a block from my place. (It wasn't Jared - two of the others.) I only recognized them because I'd seen a video of theirs within the previous 30 minutes, and knew they were playing in town that night. I said, "Hey, how's it going?" They said "Fine", and I asked how the tour was going. We chatted a bit, then I said "Well, I'm running late - I gotta get going." One of them said, "Cool - we'll see you at the show?" I said, "Oh no - I"m not going" and left. That probably confused the hell out of them. :slight_smile:

Lex

18. Connor22

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO FREAKING WAY LEX YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE I would kill to meet 30 seconds to mars

19. Shevanel

Rider Strong! He was also in Cabin Fever ^_^

20. ToTheCeilingFan

I was in St. Lucia and Amy Winehouse was hanging out on this really sketchy beach. She actually literally ran into my sister and wasn't very nice about it. We still laugh about it sometimes.