1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book it, Book it real good

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Miyaga, Dec 27, 2010.

1. KnightAssassin

A girl named Tina Something was Left B-Pillar Lookout, but she keeps kicking the back of Echo's seat, telling her where to turn to find some car that mighty that might have a flag up .
    Backseat drivers are bad enough. But from somebody riding Left B , thats too much.

Chuck Palahniuk "Rant"

2. RainbowJay

^some awesome stuff up there like Terry Pratchett and Chuck Palahniuk, yaay

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky:

"He was a young fellow in a caftan; he wore a goatee and looked like some kind of tradesman. The landlady was peeping through the half-open door. Raskolnikov lifted himself up."

3. Paper Heart

"'Let's see, nineteen years old, living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue-Hey! That's the White House!' This was the sort of look we got from prospective employers, except not pleased. In Massachusetts, 115 Mill Street is a famous address. Applying for a job, leasing an apartment, getting a driver's license: all problematic."

From Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

4. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BECCA: It's not like the Arthur stuff didn't...He was my brother, so obviously that was a really hard time for all of us.
    NAT: I know.
    BECCA: But that was a long time ago, and it was very different. For me.

Rabbit Hole

5. Banoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    這驢子爲了和狗爭寵,竟然歡蹦著把兩隻前蹄搭在主人肩上。結果,狗的討好得到主人的寵愛,可憐的驢卻挨了加倍的棍棒。“最自然的舉止于我們最合適。”

Wow.
    From 蒙田隨筆集(Montaigne Essays)

6. Jonathan

"I must do what I do because I'm a pawn of Destiny. The sooner you realize that you're one, too, the sooner we'll finish this unpleasantness."

From A Cruel Wind by Glen Cook

7. kettlkorn

"Nothing is more frustrating than to work really hard in a training session and not get the desired, and deserved, benefits."

from "daniel's running formula" by Jack Daniels

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "After Teslime committed suicide, Hande's parents pressured her to take off her head scarf and she did, but she's not comfortable with the decision. My father says it all reminds him of his old days as a Communist. There are two kinds of Communists: the arrogant ones, who enter the fray hoping to make men out of people and bring progress to the nation; and the innocent ones, who get involved because they believe in equality and justice. "

From Snow, by Orhan Pamuk.

9. Lotty

'My mother bought mine too. Do you like it?'
    She nodded. Her smile made her dark eyes shine.

10. Kata

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is how I looked at it that morning - and even now I seem to see an undeniable vestige of truth in that exaggerated view of a common occurence. You may imagine how strongly I felt this at the time. Perhaps it is for that reason that I could not bring myself to admit finality.
    "Lord Jim"

11. Elicitra

about the second week Charles began to be absent from the house for long periods, and one day when good old black Hannah came to help with the spring cleaning she mentioned his frequent visits to old house in Olney Court where he would come with a large valise and perform curious delvings in the cellar.
    thats only one sentance but i cba to write more lol
    the whisperer in darkness- H.P.Lovecraft

12. maverick

"The sin of inadvertence, not being alert, not quite awake, is the sin of missing the moment of life; whereas the whole of the art of the nonaction that is action (wu-wei) is unremitting alertness. One is then fully conscious all the time, and since life is an expression of consciousness, life is then lived, as it were, of itself."

- Myths To Live By, Joseph Campbell

13. Iniquity

"he's really the will grayson that maura's been e-mailing with. she's gotten her will graysons mixed up. but reality. well, reality is the anvil."

-Will Grayson, Will Grayson, John Green & David Levithan

14. Artemicion

The imagistic value to represent permeates the drama of Vertigo, in which Scottie tries so desperately to define Madeleine as an image, and the cinematography aids him by framing her as a painting. It can also be found at the heart of films as diverse as Blonde Venus (1932) and Fight Club, the main character projects and represents himself, undetected for much of the film, as a violently sadomasochistic alter-ego image.

Haha...from The Film Experience: An Introduction
    Studying film as you can see.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Ralivar

All in all it appeared there were twelve finalists vying for the Golden Whisk. The grand prize itself stood in the centre of the room on a pedestal, protected by a glass case and its own scarlet cordon. Shafts of sunlight struck golden sparks from the covered kitchen implement.

Witches Incorporated - K.E. Mills

16. lostinthought9

"On the way back from the Mayflower Hotel, my car got stuck in a gridlock of inaugural crowds and out-of-state vehicles on Pennsylvania Avenue, within sight of Blair House. I was so late and frustrated that I jumped out and took off running through the traffic. Capricia Marshall, who was watching from a window in Blair House, still laughs when she describes the sight of me darting between cars, wearing heels and a snug gray flannel dress, with my alarmed Secret Service detail scrambling behind."

Living History, Hillary Clinton's autobiography.

I still have yet to finish this thing. =/

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'The sky had grown darker. "I think it will thunder again. Here is the new rain, look!"

She closed her eyes and let the rain fall on her face, and after another second I could not have said what were raindrops and what were tears. I went to her and touched her arm.'

18. Goethe

closest book: Les Miserables.

"Then she stretched her hands towards heaven, and her whole countenance became ineffable. Her lips moved; she was praying in a whisper."

19. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "'. . .A computer might have a model of its environment, in which it models itself as a piece of furniture. It wouldn't be conscious on that account.'

4-8 The Cartesian Theater

William James 1890: 'We can see that the mind is at every stage a theater of simultaneous possibilities. . .'"

20. officialtom

officialtom Guest

I'm at work... so it's from The Canadian Style Guide... YAWN

A common error that occurs with parenthetic phrases following the conjunction that. The comma that belongs after the conjunction is often placed before it instead: "The off thing was, that no matter how he tried, he couldn't remember where he had left the document."