1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. RainyViolinist

I wanted to try top lane as I've never played it before, so I bought Irelia. I played a bot game, and... I was pulverized :lol:. We had to surrender at 20! I think it's that I'm bad with melee champs(I've played Amumu before too, and sucked terribly) so any of you melee mainers have any tips?

2. Jonathan

If you want a top laner that can pretty much easily dominate the majority of other top lane champs, I'd say get Yorick. He has very good poke with his W and E and his Q does a good amount of damage should you get in a melee fight. Plus his E gives him an incredible amount of sustain. Just keep poking the other champ as they try to farm and pretty soon they'll get low enough where you can just destroy them. Oh, and his ult is nice too. His ult creates a clone of the selected ally (or you) that gets a percentage of the health and attack damage that they have. If you die while the clone is still active, it sacrifices itself to bring you back for a limited time (I can't tell you the number of times I managed to kill both the enemy top lane and jungler because of Yorick's ult).

3. Sardonic

Swain is insane. <3 I love him so much... he's not the burstiest mage but he gets all the ganks... I try to force the jungler and/or top lane to gank me because if you do it right, and snare under turret they're just gone. You can drain all the other lanes a bit, giving your team an advantage... On swain I start dorans, get a seeker's armguard + tear + t1 boots... then next back i can usually get a zhonya's... sorc boots and archangel's are of course the next... then a death cap... and by then we've usually won.

4. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I could afford Forecast Janna. Riot tortures my poor soul.

5. Bryar Thorne

oh my god is it out today? :eek:

new sivir is looking niceeee.. I love all these visual updates. :slight_smile:

6. Jonathan

I have been vastly underestimating the strength of Renekton this entire time. I really didn't know he could bully a good amount of top laners that he does. The only one who has given me a hint of trouble so far has been Lee Sin. A Garen lane is pretty much a stalemate, but he doesn't give any worries. Yay for my new favorite top lane champ ^_^

7. RainyViolinist

Have any of you seen the newly announced champion, Ao Shin? It's a Chinese-esque dragon, and it looks really badass I might say from the concept art Riot revealed. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's a midlane or support champ :grin:.

8. Phantosmiac

I feel I need to express an opinion here. I hate surrendering. I always vote no, no matter how hard me and my team are getting stomped. To me, that is worse than losing. In my mind, the enemy hasn't won until my nexus explodes. I understand that people view this as time wasted, but you have no proof that they would win 100%, I love fighting that 1% win chance. Surrender I think kills more wins than the time it saves on losses.

9. Jonathan

The new champ does look pretty interesting. I would love it if it ends up being a support.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of the Pool Party skins? I was originally excited for the Leona one (I main Leona) but ended up being pretty disappointed with how it is. On the other hand, the Renekton skin looks amazing! Considering my new found appreciation for that particular champ, I really want this skin. (not to mention that the recall animation is awesome).

10. RainyViolinist

Not gonna lie, that Graves skin is pretty hot :lol:, but I too like that Renekton skin. It's a little silly which is what I like in a skin :slight_smile:.

11. Passing regret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I main Wukong on top lane but I'm pretty good any champ to be honest. I do love this game! Wish I had more friends to play with though haha

12. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    Midalee or Topalee
    eu nordic xD

13. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not ME! Are there pictures? I don't usually know anything until it's officially announced on the site itself lol

14. RainyViolinist

So for some reason, lately whenever I press Continue when a game finishes or I access the League store to buy champs, runes, and stuff, my entire desktop just turns black except for my toolbar at the bottom. To get out of the black screen, I have to quit the client and log back on. Any ideas how to fix this?

15. toushirojaylee

is this the same as DOTA 2?

16. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think about Jinx? The next champion for release? I hope its not another ADC...

17. RainyViolinist

Aww, it's yet another ADC, it's too bad. I was hoping for something other than an ADC after Lucian, who was pretty lackluster, came out. They need to make a new support, top, or mid champ in my opinion.

And also, at the bottom of the flyer, it says "Aggravated jaywalking" :roflmao:

18. Jonathan

I was disappointed that she ended up being another adc, although she does look pretty fun to play. Whatever happened to that dragon looking thing, I thought he was supposed to be the next new champ?

19. RainyViolinist

He wasn't, they just announced him but he's still in early, like really early, development. All they did was release his concept art for a vague idea of what he'd look like.

20. Jonathan

Ahhhh, okay. That was just my misunderstanding then. I'm definitely looking forward to when that one comes out though :slight_smile: