1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it makes the plants (minions) do more damage

2. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's interesting. I didn't think of that (the BoC for Zyra).
    I'll definitely try that out.

After hitting gold, I'm taking a small break. At least until Lucian comes out.
    I tried playing with friends the other day and I'm so bad now. :/
    I played vayne top and thought I'd be good versus an Aatrox. Well, I fed hard. :frowning2:

3. BudderMC

Okay, Banner of Command on Zyra seems ridiculous! Rushing a BoC means I can build some defensive items (Rylai's, Abyssal, etc.) instead of having to rush a Needlessly Large Rod into some high-AP item. For me, I don't poke much as Zyra unless I'm using my plants, so this is actually great. :grin:

4. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After playing GOME for quite a while I finally installed LoL on my new works laptop (naughty, i know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Got to say, I absolutely love it and although I've only been playing for a couple of weeks on both NA and EU servers, I think the GOME experience has helped me pick the game up very quickly.

I can see how easily it could take over my life so I'm being a good boy and regulating playtime.....badly haha.

5. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard of that Zyra build. I read a post where someone said it was a gimmick build and you wouldn't see it at high elos or something like that. But I guess people use it now, and it works.

6. BudderMC

I dunno. I don't play ranked, but given the people I keep playing with I'd say I'm somewhere in the mid-Silvers.

What I like about that build is that I don't die as quickly, I can still melt squishies, I can notably shred tanks, and I have a high damage, long range poke with a slow through a Q+W.

I tried a jungle Zyra build (basically the BoC one, just with a Spirit of the Wraith too) and it gave me enough sustain and tankiness to solo Baron.

7. Phantosmiac

I can't wait for the Arcade Hecarim skin. It's basically the Robot Unicorns Attack unicorn, so rainbows!!!

8. Klepor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All that I will say is this. Dota 2 is 10000000x better

9. Jonathan

Well, after trying her out for free, I have decided that Zyra is going to be my next buy. She's so much fun :grin:

10. Jonathan

When you're building Zyra like this, what item do you build first and which skill do you level up first?

11. BudderMC

I usually go boots/pots, 2x doran's, fiendish codex, haunting guise, finish BoC, finish Liandry's, then onto the rest of the items as needed.

I usually go E-W-Q-Q, then max Q>E>W, regardless my build. I think that you're still going to do more damage from your Q damage at low levels/without the build items, so maxing Q or E over W makes more sense to me.

12. RainyViolinist

I've always wondered why people would get two doran's rings for. I don't think that they're a good use of gold. One is fine, but two? Care to explain the reasoning behind this?

13. BudderMC

I didn't like Doran's at all, but when they lowered the cost of them in S3 I started picking them up.

The only champs I really do boots/pots > 2x dorans (well, any dorans) on are Ahri/Syndra/Zyra/Lux/Swain. I know it slows down the build, but I find it helps me snowball because it's easier to get an early kill. And if I can't snowball, the passive gives me early mana sustain (because barring Swain, nobody needs a mana fix). The extra health gives a little survivability, and the AP is always nice. It just helps give me a stronger early game and lets me snowball in mid without having to leave to gank. Then I'll usually follow with an AP build item, finish a mana fix (usually Athene's), then finish the rest of the build accordingly.

It also means around midgame if I go back and I'm short gold for an important item, I've constantly got an extra ~380 gold on demand, which is convenient.

I also main mid though, so I'm pretty comfortable with those champions and know what I'm capable of enough to let me consistently get early kills, at least at the relative skill level my opponents are. I think the only champ I don't build them on is Anivia...

14. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    I dont think you need to buy dorans on swain. as his lane sustain is very good and his abilities scale very well of his "e" ( ignite too btw ) that buying a doran on him is imo a waste.

as he does not need alot of ap early game to harass and or kill i usualy start of with health pendant ad magic regen beed. build it up early into a philo was is just a great item overall.

ps anyone plays on eu nordic east versions?

15. RainyViolinist

I see :slight_smile:
    I too main mid (Ahri and Lux ftw!), and I normally start with one dorans and two pots because ahri, my main, is mobile enough to wait for boots and lux's snare can usually keep enemy champs at bay. I've never tried two doran's but i might try it to see how it goes. Thanks for the explanation! :grin:

16. BudderMC

That's true, I just haven't played Swain since I bought him a couple months ago :lol:

17. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i havent played him in a while . well ever since i started ranked. where i just ocnverted into garen ww and soraka
    but now im getting into akali who is awesume

18. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    God damn it. I'm not the best player around but at least I know when I can't beat my laning partner. I stay next to my turret and farm the best I can. But not others...no, they insist on fighting and losing. If you can't win the trades, stay back! How does it help you or your team to keep dying over and over again?

It's blindpick, so you never know who you're going up against and how experienced they are. That should make players extra cautious. It's just frustrating especially when others are doing well, but because another player fed, the enemy team snowballs.

There's no shame in not being a skilled player. But it doesn't take much common sense to keep your distance if you know you're getting outplayed.

19. Jonathan

Tell me about it. I had an Aatrox top earlier who kept bragging how he was going to destroy Teemo. Then, as it turns out, they had both Nid and Yi at top. They got a quick first blood and proceeded to keep killing him. For some reason he kept engaging them in the middle of the lane instead of farming by his tower...don't understand why. Then, to finish this perfect game, he rage quits after feeding Yi. Fun teammates are fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

-------------------------------------------------------------

When I mid, I normally go as Morgana and most of the time (unless I'm really crushing the lane) I get double doran's. The extra ability power is nice and it has the possibility of giving me the little edge I need to start snowballing the lane with a kill. Not to mention once I get three points into my soil, I can farm minions pretty nicely and with the double doran's I have great sustain.

20. Night Rain

Any newbie here? Let's play together. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Lv 12 here by the way.