Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Gay Scene

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Mr Pilgrim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does AC: Brotherhood have a decent single player campaign/story mode to it?

I was under the impression it was just mainly a multiplayer version of the last game, and I tend not to play games online much. I hope I was wrong though because my christmas last year almost entirely consisted of playing that game.

This scene is funny, and I get that because its based on history they can only ever imply Da Vinci was gay, rather that flat out say it. But at the same time it annoys me how this is the furthest a mainstream game even seems to go into broaching gay subjects/issues/characters. There were the options of having gay (male) relationships in the Mass Effect games, but they pulled it. Apparently seducing extraterrestrials is fine but two men being together is taboo. :dry:

2. Eric

Story mode is decent, though very short (depending on your ability). I played through the whole damn thing within maybe a dozen hours. It isn't quite a full-on sequel in the franchise, but rather an expansion of the series just to add the online gameplay.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true. The way it ends...it's clear there is going to be a third Assassin's Creed. I say third, because Brotherhood was simply a continuation of Ezio's story. You can bet if anything, Desmond will go into a new memory the next game OR it could potentially be him fulfilling the whole Prophet thing. I think it's something specific about Desmond that could make him the key to saving the world (clearly)

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, on the bright side, they left the dialogue hidden in the game files and it was very easy to just activate it again. With the install of a minor mod, your male Shepard can totally say such lines as "Kaidan, I hope you have enjoyed serving under me" (yes, they actually recorded that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Main pet peeve of mine is that female Shepard can still romance Liara. And "she doesn't count, because she's from a genderless species" doesn't count as an excuse here, when "genderless" means "hot supermodel looks" in the Mass Effect universe. Blatant service to their fanbase of adolescent and twenty-something straight guys if I ever saw it.

Though Bioware did partially make up for it with the gay romance in Dragon Age...

5. Porphyrogenitus

lol, that also describes pretty much every game with a mage class ever made, you know

6. 507bro

I'll just leave this here XD
    [YOUTUBE]MmuwfSF7gcA[/YOUTUBE]

7. maverick

Word.

8. Meropspusillus

I have a feeling that every future Bioware game with romances will include a bisexual romance to suit both genders. They're a relatively progressive company, and I think that they've learned that it makes more people happy than it makes angry...and frankly the people who it makes angry are being stupid butts.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE the picture where Shaun is like "Hello Desmond, stop touching me there."

10. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!

11. Mr Pilgrim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So that's what Desmond was getting up to all the times he was 'hiding' in those roof terraces