1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weed

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Magiclukie, Nov 28, 2010.

1. NickT

Thrice

2. Taurusguy92

I agree

3. starfish

I've smoked pot once. Was not a good experience. I was already drunk, so combined with the pot I am fairly certain that time actually stopped.

4. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Let Me briefly explain what happen to me

I had Been a long time smoker and one night my bro came to my sisters house with some "GREAT" stuff so we lit up about 10 minutes later my bro turned around and told me "oh we just had CREEP WEED" and thats exactly what it did it slowly creeped up on me increasing my hart rate and blood pressure and so forth by the time it was full throttle it took me less then 10 mins to take a shower and so forth then i started crashing 911 was called and i was rushed to the ER they are luck my brother still had some of the stuff on him because of that they saved my life i spent the next two weeks under close supervision at the hospital after my release i never touched the stuff again

5. Shevanel

That sounds like it was laced with something.

6. Blondie

Blondie Guest

more then likely it was and this is why Ive told about it the people here are some of the first to know about it not even my friends in high school knew of it they just knew that i had stopped

#26 Blondie, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  7. ArcaneVerse

Just because one group or many groups of people found it didn't work for them, didn't let them connect deeply to someone, doesn't mean its that way for all.

Its most likely that these studies are of people who abused drugs and used them for the wrong reasons, to try and make a connection or w.e and that's not healthy and of course wouldn't have worked out in the end.

but that doesn't mean you cant have amazing sex while high, that also involves a deep connection. You just have to be able to have a connection without being high, so its not a crutch, its just an enhancer.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Believe what you want, it sounds like you're bound and determined to hold a particular viewpoint, but as Andrew Weil stated in "The Natural Mind", you find all sorts of people who move beyond drugs once they realize their limitations, and report much better experiences... and virtually none who go from the more advanced approaches back to drugs.

The data I'm aware of does not support that hypothesis.

No, you're missing the point... but that's typical of people who believe they need drugs to achieve something.

9. RaRa

I find this funny because you do the exact same thing (especially when it comes to age gaps in relationships).

Just an observation.

Cause I'm sure every person who does drugs says "dude I'm so gonna get high before that final of ours today!" or "I'm just gonna smoke a blunt before my job interview!" I highly doubt anyone believes they need drugs to accomplish something. They do it because they like it.

You seem to be very quick to judge.

10. ArcaneVerse

I will believe what i think is right, yes and i will express that opinion freely.

" it sounds like you're bound and determined to hold a particular viewpoint " funny how that discribes you so accurately in this and other threads. I stated that there is another side in addition to what you were saying, you seem to have this black and white mentality where there can only be one possibility, i was merely adding in the gray you left out.

So because your unaware of other data that makes me wrong?

I think its you who is missing the point. Firstly you clearly don't know me that well, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't use drugs. I condone the usage and have tried them in the past but I am not a regular or even casual user.

Secondly I did not state people needed drugs to achieve something, I said almost the complete opposite, I believe that is your argument not mine. I believe weed could be used as an enhancer to sex, not a tool to get people to lower there inhibitions so they can have sex.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, and I don't apologize for it. When solid data comes along that invalidates a viewpoint I hold, I change my viewpoint. I'm not wed to any particular view, only to accuracy.

I have no ideas what that has to do with my point, which is that some people mistakenly believe they can't have fun, or can't go to a club or a bar, or can't have amazing sex without being drunk or high... and that simply isn't true, and, at least where sex is concerned, the opposite is generally true. Sadly, the people that realize this usually only do so after years doing it the other way but sometimes I feel like it's pointless to try to say this simply because of these sorts of conversations.

Again, you missed my point. Sigh.

Everyone judges. When we choose friends, boyfriends. When we hire or don't hire people. When we choose where to live. When we choose what schools to go to. Do I have strong feelings about drug use? Yes. Why? Because I've had dozens and dozens of friends who I've seen spiral out of control, lose motivation, run into health problems, or otherwise simply make bad choices resulting from their drug use. Does it happen to everyone? No. But to a majority, yes.

So no, I'm not going to apologize for encouraging people to make smart choices and avoid shit that can potentially compromise mental acuity, damage the body, affect someone psychologically, or otherwise have negative effects, particularly when there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so when there are other ways that are *more* effective to reach the same ends.

Now... if you or anyone else chooses not to take my advice, that's certainly your perogative.

12. RaRa

Just my thoughts.

13. KaraBulut

Guys-

I've been letting this topic go on because I don't have an issue with reasonable discussion.

However, the thread is changing in tone from being a discussion about the original topic to a more personal confrontation between a few people. That's off-topic and needs to go to PM if you wish to continue with it.

14. humanwire

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to smoke heavily but stopped for the last month or so... the feeling is not so bad but I think it just renders you lazy in the end. Every once in a while I light up though, I don't understand how people do it everyday.

15. maverick

^ Word. This is pretty much my experience too, except I was an art and literature student. You can't get through a college English department without a little of that herb, dont'cha know. :lol:

I'm really surprised at the number of people here who have had so-so or bad experiences with weed, almost everyone I know that has tried it loves it like a sister. I think it does tend to make you lazy though, and finding it is a pain in the ass.

I actually really like that "herbal incense" stuff, but it galls me that it costs me twice as much as a dub for half of the smokage.

16. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I smoke fairly regularly. Sometimes I do it just to make myself feel better. I smoke to do homework. I smoke just because I feel like it. I wouldn't say I need it, but it does make life easier. Sometimes I'll just be feeling so down and depressed and then I smoke a bowl and I feel a little better for a while, usually long enough to get started with my work... Things have been really hard for me for the past month and a half, so I'v been smoking a lot.

Also, if you don't like smoking weed,then don't, but don't judge anyone else for doing it. If you've never tried it, then you have no right to tell anyone they shouldn't do it. Some people hate people who drink or do drugs, well I hate those people. What I do has nothing to do with you, and if you don't like it, then I just won't do it around you.

#36 zzzero, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  17. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I don't have anything against people smoking weed every so often. I think most of my friends smoke it occasionally. I personally don't like it and won't be doing it.

What I think is a problem is when people think they can only have an amazing time if weed is involved. I'm not saying that all people who smoke weed are like this. I have the same opinion with many things. Weed just fits in the same category.

18. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As someone who smokes regularly and knows a lot of other people who do too, I'm not so sure as many people as you think can only have a good time with weed. People not being able to have a good time without weed are just immature... It's not the weed, but the person smoking the weed that is the problem in that situation.

19. Pokerface

I don't think there's something wrong with having some fun, in a responsible way, of course!

20. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I don't think anyone here is really blaming weed, not even chip, but when someone says that the BEST sex ever is when you are high well thats when there is a problem. Or not a problem, but just a false statement which is what I think chip was trying to say.

#40 TheEdend, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010