Person Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zulu, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure this exactly warrants an entire thread buttt I came out to my first RL person last night! WOO! It took three hours, starting with "GUESS WHAT!" until I finally ended up saying the words "I'm gay, you dumbass." (There are circumstances behind the calling out of the dumbassery. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Up until I actually said it I was TERRIFIED. I didn't even know why. The person I told, quite possibly my best friend, has gay family, gay friends, etc. I knew she wasn't going to care, and yet I had worked myself up so much...for no reason at all. Comparable to a little kid crying before getting a shot, I like to think.

Anyway, it was very freeing to be able to say to a real person who I really see everyday the absolute truth. Though I did wake up with morning after regret. I'm confident it will pass!

1 down, countless others to go.

2. SparkleTears

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you sit there in silence for three hours? Cool friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahahaha no it was through text. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She guessed many incorrect things.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend! Well done! Yep, the 'after regret' will pass. :slight_smile:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats!! And like Mirko said, the after regret will pass. It sucks but after a few hours(or a day or two) it will fade away. :slight_smile:

6. izzy

Yay! You took the first step. The first person to tell is always the hardest. Congratulations!!!