1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by savoring winter, Oct 25, 2010.

1. savoring winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really need some advice. I've been in a few relationships before. Mostly with people who were my friends beforehand. But, by the time the relationship actually started getting serious, I would chicken out and break up with them. It's terrible and I've lost a few friends because of it. I don't know why I'm so afraid to be in a relationship. A girl I really like asked me out today, and I don't want to answer yet. I really need advice on what to do. Can anyone help me be less afraid to be committed? (But, I've never cheated on anyone)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't tell us this. Tell her. "I'm honored that you asked me out. And I'd like to. But I'll be honest - I've had some issues in the past where, when I start dating somebody and it starts moving along, I freak out and break up with them. I can't say as I'll do that with you, necessarily, but I figure you should know what you might be getting yourself into."

Lex

3. Jay

Jay

However, you can always continue and let them know that you can change that. Most of the times I would guess, you had a hard time communicating your feelings. If you're able to get your point across and have a real deep communication with your girlfriend, that will help a lot on your security and the longevity of the relationship.

Always know that honesty is the best policy, at least in this case. If you're unable to talk about how you feel and why you feel this way with your own partner, then with who are you able to do it? We don't count since we're not face to face :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But yeah, come talk to us anytime, but being in a relationship means way more than just kiss kiss or whatever, it means that you're bound to be a solid foundation for both of your dreams, lives, hopes and aspirations. Talk to her, she will understand and if she really wants to invest time and effort in a good long lasting relationship then she will do all what she can to make it work.

Good luck!! <3 =)

4. savoring winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much, both of you. I took pieces of both advice and we're working things out. :grin: