1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of those silly crushes...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FollowThePanda, Sep 30, 2010.

1. FollowThePanda

I have this eensy-weensy little problem that is actually a pretty big deal from me. Two years ago I finally came to good terms with my bisexuality and lived happily ever after for the most part. That is, until I met the girl whom we shall call Jen. She is one of my best and closest friends, and claims to be curious but we both know she is about as straight as it gets. Basically, she is absolutely amazing. She's smart, absolutely hilarious, trustworthy and pretty much gorgeous. Like all of us, she has her flaws, but makes up for them with a great personality.
    Last year, I fell irrationally, head-over-heels, in love with her and its become kind of a problem.Mostly because she is not exactly mature enough to handle a romantic relationship beyond a couple of weeks.At one point last year, after I had come out to her, she agreed to go out with me only to dump me the very next day over a Facebook message with no further explanation. Everything had seemed fine to me.
    Now, she's moved on and it doesn't hurt nearly as much anymore, but it still bothers me.I feel like if I bring this up with her she'll think I'm whiny or haven;t gotten over her.I know that either way it will be awkward but I do want some sort of closure.:help:What to do???

(Reading over this I realize it kind of a bigger problem than I make it out to be):confused:

2. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's straight, it's not worth worrying over it. From my experience, it's not really worth bringing it up, because that could cause a rift in your friendship.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think to find closure the best thing to do would be to continue trying to move on by making it a point to spend more time with others, trying to meet new people, and perhaps joining a social/support teen LGBT group.

What happened, happened, and from what you have said:
    it seems like that your friendship with her is important to you. If you still want to be friends with her and maintain the relationships that you do have with her, I think it would be good if you would try to move past what happened. Knowing that she has moved on and that it doesn't hurt as much anymore (hopefully) will allow you to move on completely from it.

There is no question that it is hard but if you give it some more time, and try your best to widen your circle of friends and try to meet others you will eventually not only move on but also find someone else with whom it could work out.

If you find yourself still thinking about her and wanting to be closer to her, then maybe you have to create some physical distance for a while and maybe lessen your interaction with her for a bit, at least until you feel okay with talking to her again without thinking about what happened or it having an impact on you.

Hope this helps a bit!