1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Sue Johanson defines as virginity...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SolitaryKnight, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, she's a wonderful hilarious woman. I think she more defined it that for a humorous way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. She's come to my school several years in a row, and has been hilarious.

2. Love etc

I remember a thread somewhere where oral was mentioned as sex light.

3. KaraBulut

So, does that make one who has only had oral a "virgin light"?

Actually, that sounds more like a diet soda.... :slight_smile:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Introducing, new Virgin Light! Now with a funny aftertaste :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: BAHAHA Sorry, I had to.

5. Beachboi92

I'd say virginity is odd and semi subjective because a lot of people define it differently. For example i considered myself a virgin until i dealt with anal penetration, a lesbian may decide she is no longer a virgin after their first homosexual experience. Of course if all virgins go to heaven and virginity requires penis in vagina looks like lesbians got the good deal xD

I know some people like my mom consider it losing your virginity if their is any sort of penetration wether oral, fingering, dildo, anal, vaginal, and even mutual masturbation where the other person helps (basically someone else touches you in places its gone xD) and it is gone i keep looking for it and i can't find it anywhere :frowning2:

6. Shevanel

Virginity is subjective. Only for yourself. Meaning you can't tell another person what their virginity status is.

7. rachob1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A few years back the Virgin Company actually brought out a cola drink (i think they had a light/diet version too) in a bid to rival Coke Cola and Pepsi, don't know if you can still get it, I'm too loyal to CC to check the other brands

#27 rachob1, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My personal definition - and that's all it is - involves experience rather than some sort of ritualistic purity. When somebody asks "Are you a virgin?", they presumably want to know what you've done sexually, not whether the fruit of your loins will be pure. :slight_smile: And as far as I'm concerned, if you messed around with another's genitals (or they yours) with the intent of reaching sexual climax, you're no longer a virgin. I don't care if you just grabbed a guy's junk and pumped it a few times. There - you've now had "sexual experience", and therefore aren't a virgin anymore.

Again, my definition. Most people think that's horrible open-ended. I'm fine with that.

Lex

9. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    that is horribly open ended... but it's the closest to the truth with today's definition >.<;

10. Beachboi92

The real issue is what people define as "sexual" i mean i know people who think hugging for prolonged periods or kissing is sexual and others who don't consider it that until people are hot and bothered and taking cloths off to do the do.

11. Enaithor

I don't understand why virginity has to be binary, I think it's more analogue really
    For example oral being half
    Not sure about the other values, but I do think that there are more degrees of virginity

12. KaraBulut

There should be an app for that. :slight_smile:

13. Mogget

Virginity is an even more nebulous concept than sex. And sex is pretty nebulous. One of my favorite sex bloggers has a great piece about a back rub she received that was so sexual in its intensity that she now considers it to have been sex, although she didn't at the time.

I really feel like both concepts have to pretty widely applied to mean anything. Is someone who's given and received a hundred blowjobs from a hundred different people more or less of a virgin than someone who's had anal sex once? It seems...off to call the second less of a virgin than the first.

14. thinkpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told so many times that lesbian sex isn't 'real'. It annoys the Hell out of me! The first person to make that charming statement to me was my father!

15. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    In total agreement here.

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard this too and I agree, it is very annoying. I was told that lesbian sex isn't real by someone I had sex with...I was like, bitch you forget what you just did last week? lol..

Virginity is different for everyone.

17. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yay we win! :lol:

18. peanutbutter

I prefer the term "sexual experience" I have many friend who are heterosexual and their bf/gf sucked in bed at there first time and still considers themselves a virgin. I also know people who believe that not until you have an orgasm you are still a virgin.. I know people who were raped and by that term they lost their virginity and it takes them a while to understand that it's a lie and even though there were penetrated they are still a virgin because of there lack of consent. I guess we can use this word and define it for ourselves.

I don't think that we should continue to be little of being lgbtq or anything else from our sexual experience to loving someone of the same gender.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

Fuck, I was just becoming okay with my sexuality to understand that same sex intimate experience does not count. I mean wtf I don't like penis so no matter what I am told i am wrong and my sexual encounters does not matter.

This is screwed and can really hurt a lot of people who are leaning about their sexuality and who they are. Now they are being told gay/lesbian sex is not real and you are consider a virgin because you have not had penis to vagina penetration.

I don't believe she knows what she is talking about. My mom told me not matter what oral,anal,foreplay, fingers is having sex no matter what. I like that.

Maybe its because I am tired of people telling me I am less of a person and I am wrong. Now the thought of every sexual act I partake in is arbitrary. It can also be because the first sexual experience I had I was at 5 years old being raped by a 45 year old man. So by that standard i'm not a virgin. It took years to understand that if you don't consent and not meaningful to you then it does not mean you are less than a virgin. No matter with a female or a man.

I was taught it counts when you are mentally physically ready and want to with someone you love and trust. It's a feeling of love, respect, and is wished to be shown in a sexual encounter. not a penis in a vagina.

I hope that gay men and women do not look at themselves in a hire standard from one or another because of men being able to penetrate and women cant. (sex toys says otherwise)

I don't buy it. I think the emphasis needs to be lowered and people should be aware of what they say and how they say it. I'm hurt and angry by this.

19. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry about what happened to you. (*hug*) I don't believe that a person is less of a virgin if they were forced into a sexual experience. Losing your virginity is about consensual sex between 2 individuals.

I don't know the precise definition of virginity but I agree, the myth that "lesbian sex isn't real sex" is quite offensive. It does count so try to not listen to what Sue Johanson said. I believed my same-sex encounters did not count for 5 years (bcuz the girl told me it wasn't sex) but now I realize it does count. It was very confusing. Society isn't always right about these things. Someone can have sex without the involvement of a penis.

20. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to see that Sue on tv once in a while but it's been a long time. I always found it entertaining and good solid advice. I find this definition a bit odd. That crazy sex lady :lol: