1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chubby chasers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollowsoul, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EWU2012

I wish there was more guys like you out there. There are a lot of guys where I am from who have absolutely no interest in me just because of my looks/weight. It ends up making me really insecure about myself because of some of the comments I hear. This is one reason why I have never even been on a date. There has been a few guys that have mention just wanting a hook up but I would never do that. I have to much self respect for myself to have hookups. I have to be in a committed relationship for a while before I ever get to that level. So again I wish there was others with the same mind set as you. :slight_smile:

2. Seags

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry I expressed my self rly badly. ^^ I wasn't really thinking it when I used the word "superficial", just wanted to show that it wasa bit intolerant to think that way imo. I completly agree with you.

3. VampConspiracy

I suppose I'm a bit of a chubby chaser, but I'm not chasing anybody yet.

Weight is not a huge factor for me, though.

4. stageone

"I don't think you should bug people who are overweight. It is their choice. But I don't think choosing* to be overweight should be actively supported like losing weight should be supported. You're free to do whatever you want, though."

This sounds so much like my husband telling me he respects my choice to be gay...
    and equally valid.

5. allenibab

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's so on point. it's the society that actually controls what should or should be not appreciated. It sucks. It's hard to believe yet it's true. people who are being judgmental to people like me (chub) is just too much to take in, but as well it takes time to get numb from it. I just don't care anymore, im tired of listening to people that judges you physically.

---------- Post added 6th May 2012 at 06:09 AM ----------

in my case, i love being chubby. It makes other people warm and they feel secured. But as well i have to lose weight for my own health. I'm not doing this because if i get thinner, people will appreciate me. HELL NO. im doing this for myself, for me to live longer.

6. Leif

I am wildly attracted to bigger guys/girls. Although I usually end up dating these skinny tall guys/girls, I think that's just because I date a lot of nerdy types. My boyfriend was a bit bigger when we first started dating but now he goes to the gym pretty much every day and trains at an MMA gym so he mostly bigger from muscle nowadays. Not as comfortable to snuggle with but it makes me happy to see him happy with his body.

7. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I hate that term so much. I mean, I LOVE big, curvy women, but the term "chubby chaser" freaking irritates me.

Still, I wouldn't judge someone based on size. Bigger people just turn me on more.

8. King

King Guest

I'm not really a "chubby chaser" but I do find overweight men sexually attractive, sometimes... Their general body shape matters, too, cuz I've seen drop dead gorgeous overweight men and then questionable overweight men.
    Overall, though, I prefer stocky men.

9. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that argument earlier is dead, but I just wanted to add this:

I see being fat/obese/overweight/whatever as the same as drinking or smoking. It's obviously not good for you, but many factors in your life may influence those things. When I was younger I used to eat a lot. I don't eat nearly as much now, nor as bad, but I still have the pounds. I doubt I could get them off even if I really tried because I have little will power. :V

But hey, apparently some guys out there like their guys meaty. So who knows what will happen with my (if it ever happens) love life. XD

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You make a good point about how there are a lot of things in your life that can influence someone's weight. I would like to add that as long as you aren't carrying too much weight on your frame, it isn't being overweight that's "the same as drinking or smoking"; it's eating fast food, living a sedentary lifestyle, eating a ton of candy regularly, those are all things that are unhealthy for you. And those things often make a person fat, but not always.

Think of all the people whose metabolism allows them to eat all the time and never exercise without gaining weight. Their being skinny certainly doesn't mean they're healthy if they're always eating fast food and never moving around. Similarly, a person being overweight isn't an immediate indication that they're living an unhealthy lifestyle. I know people who eat right and who are in shape enough that they can run several miles, but are significantly overweight.

Now, it's still a person's right to live their life however they like if no one else is going to be hurt by their choices, so regardless of their weight, not exercising and eating unhealthily are no reasons to hate on someone. And being fat is certainly no reason to hate on someone, even if lifestyle choices were a legitimate reason to hate on someone, because the two aren't always correlated.

11. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just raising my hand as another chaser. :grin: Bears, cubs, chubby guys, whatever you want to call them, it's my style. Well, not MINE, but I like it in a significant other. :lol:

I've noticed, however, that it's a strange position to be in, sometimes. It can be difficult to tell a bigger guy that you think he's attractive without it coming off as some sort of fetish thing, which can feel kind of degrading to him. But honestly, it's not a fetish or anything - I'm just pretty much exclusively attracted to guys with a thick build (and I don't just mean from muscle), the same way I'm not attracted to women. It doesn't mean that, just because a guy is husky, he's perfect for me - there's much more that I look for in a partner - but it's one thing that I would like to be there. Skinny guys just don't do it for me.

The other often-quoted issue here is the "what if I have to/want to lose weight?" problem. This is also hard to put out there. I would never want my partner to feel afraid to lose weight for any reason, and if they had to of course I would stick with them. But I feel like that conversation is hard to pull off too - possibly because a lot of people automatically assume that losing weight will be healthy for a bigger guy and so they hear that a lot (and while it's perhaps true in some cases, many bigger guys I have known are completely healthy at their weight).

The flip side of this is that I get hyper-sensitive to people making fun of, or trying to shame, bigger people, especially if it's someone that I'm seeing at the time. :icon_sad: I don't even like to use words like "fat" or "overweight." They're not overweight to me. :slight_smile:

So that was a bit of a rant. :lol: But another chaser-for-life here. :slight_smile:

12. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Overweight no, but I'd say Obesity is about the same as drinking and smoking. It's terrible for your health, but some people eat, drink, smoke, etc. to have a good time or it's just something they do. It shouldn't be encouraged by society, but at the same time, people deal with life different ways.

13. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If eating too much were all there were to it, then you would be fine, but some people are just built bigger. Not everyone sheds the pounds with a couple trips to the gym and an organic turkey sandwich.

14. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love chubby, whats not to like about someone who is cute and cuddily.:slight_smile:

15. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i love being gay and chubby haha

16. crazyhead

Chubby guys are comfy. And big bellies are cute. Especially the love-handles.

17. Jessica816

I'm a chubby woman who loves chubby women!

18. sanguine

im a chubby chaser loud and proud, i seriously think meat on everyone looks great, men and women, although that may be because i hate being skinny myself

19. Lewis

I certainly don't purposely chase chubby guys, but if overtime a *slightly* overweight gained my affections, fair enough.

I prefer muscular guys, not too muscular though. No offence to chubby people, but they're just not my type, I'm chubby enough for the two of us. :wink:

20. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were to recieve a message like that, I'd probably block the sender, then run and hide. I'd find the message a bit creepy for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.