1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissidia 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Geradeth, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Geradeth

OMG YES! Dissidia finally gets word of a sequel! :grin:
    (Via Kotaku: Final Fantasy Fighting Game Gets A Sequel Struck By Lightning)

I don't know about anyone else, but I've sunk inordinate amounts of time into the first game :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm also psyched to see Lightning as a playable character!!

So, let the roster speculation begin!! Personally, I'm hoping for the addition of Kingdom Hearts characters!! :grin:

2. Tim

Tim

Well, Quina better be playable. S/he is just plain epic. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean, come on, what's more freaking epic than fighting with a FORK?

Same with Rinoa OR Selphie. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I can already see the awesomeness that they could do. XD

3. Eponine

As much as I try to tell myself that I wouldn't want this game, I'm probably going to get it eventually... so I'd be happy if they added these characters:

IV: the rest of the main team and maybe some of IV The After Years characters too
    VI: Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Relm, Mog, Gau, Leo, and Gogo(Who I guess counts as a character from V too, although he was a hidden boss)
    VII: Aerith, Vincent, Yuffie, and Cid
    VIII: Rinoa, Selphie, and Irvine
    IX: Vivi and Beatrix
    X: Auron

As you can probably see, I want a lot of characters from VI. They should just add the entire roster for that. xD

Oh and I hope they don't add KH characters. As much as I love the series, they aren't FF games. However, this series is all about fanservice. I wouldn't be surprised if they did include some KH peeps...

4. Geradeth

Aww, no love for Tifa? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, I can see where you're coming from with not wanting KH characters in it... I think I read somewhere though that Nomura originally wanted to do this game with only Kingdom Hearts characters, but that kinda morphed into 358/2 Days, and Final Fantasy got this concept. Regardless, since the whole premise of Dissidia is merging all these different worlds, how is that not fit perfectly with Kingdom Hearts? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, my hopefuls are: (bold are particular favorites)
    I: Black Mage, Red Mage
    IV: Rydia, Palom & Porom (both as one character, could be a neat switching mechanic)
    VII: Tifa, Yuffie, Kadaj
    VIII: Rinoa, Seifer
    IX: Vivi, Beatrix, Freya, Thorn & Zorn (same idea as Palom & Porom)
    X(-2): Kimahri, Auron, (Gunner) Yuna
    XII: Balthier, Ashe
    XIII: Sazh, Fang
    Tactics: Ramza Beoulve, Agrias Oaks, Delita Hyral, Zalbag Beoulve
    KH: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, all 13 of Organization XIII + Xion, KH1 Ansem

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't fucking wait
    They have the engine down, they have the mechanics down
    now time to add a shitload of new characters! or at least I hope
    and people say the psp is dead haha

6. Geradeth

:grin: new screenshots and the logo!!! Weird title though, I suspect everyone will just call it Dissidia 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. factwithinfiction

Now I'm REALLY excited to get a PSP.

As far as Kingdom Hearts characters go I don't think there ever will be any. It just wouldn't fit with all the Final Fantasy characters that have been placed in the game.

8. 507bro

idk why they call it dissidia 012 but okay
    anyways duodecim means 12 in latin

9. SolitaryKnight

Since I only got my internet back tonight, I had multiple joygasms finding all the info on this.
    Have you seen the trailer? Everyone has new moves, there are new stages, Orphan's Cradle and what looks like the area where you fight the Hell Emperor in FFII.

Plus I kinda freaked a bit seeing a completely shirtless Tidus in the action packed FMV part.

10. Geradeth

#10 Geradeth, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  11. kem

kem

Dissidia was about the 13th cycle of the conflict between Chaos and Cosmos. 12 in the title refers to the previous war... I wonder if Sephiroth kills himself in this game.

12. Smile

So if I remember correctly from other forums this will essentially be a big expansion from the original with a few new battle features and a lot of new characters, map etc.

Also Tifa, Kain and Lightning are confirmed as new characters, possibly Celes as well if I remember the rumour correctly.

I am really hoping for the following characters:
    -Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII
    -Vivi from Final Fantasy IX
    -Yuna from Final Fantasy X
    -Seymour from Final Fantasy X
    -Balthier from Final Fantasy XII
    -Yaag from Final Fantasy XIII

As for whether any of the above would be good choices, that is for the developers to decide, which they already have. I hear the game is almost, if not IS, finished and just getting ready for release.

I may consider getting a PSP now, the amount of games I am missing out on is getting ridiculous. I can't stand missing out on a few games but there are too many awesome ones to resist!

13. Beachboi92

NO SEPHI IS MY BABY
    and i want to see *takes a deep breath*
    LuLu, Yuffie, Auron, Rikku, Sora/roxas, Rinoa, any or all organization XIII members, Red XVII (cant remember his roman numeral count xD), Ansem, Rydia, Yuna, Vivi, Pain, Tifa, Seymor, Cid (can u imagine airship attack in Ex mode :x), Palom and Porom together, mog, and gilgamesh :x

and i want Sephiroth to be unstoppable because i love him and he owns and can chain chaos infinitely till break and has the best big sword eva

14. Smile

Palom and Porom as a duo would be so epic my mind didn't even consider it before! *hyperventilates*
    Mog would be adorable, he is one of my favorite Final Fantasy VI characters! The dances would be very fun to see.
    Rydia, now there is a powerful woman, then again, I have a thing for summoners...

Gosh there are SO many amazing characters to choose from!

15. Geradeth

Yay, finally someone else who has love for the idea of KH characters in Dissidia too!! :grin:
    Or better yet, there are enough characters in Kingdom Hearts for it's own game (at least as many as the original roster for Dissidia 1) Following the naming scheme for Dissidia Final Fantasy; Dissidia Kingdom Hearts anyone? :thumbsup:

16. SolitaryKnight

I have a problem with KH characters in Dissidia because I don't feel that their inclusion would be beneficial in advancing the plot but rather would convolute it (I realize that FF is convoluted as it is). I will admit I have never played a single Kingdom Hearts game, I'm a bit of a Final Fantasy purist and I want Dissidia: Final Fantasy to remain purely Final Fantasy.

I think my biggest thing is that the inclusion of a KH character will take away a spot from a possible FF character I would rather see instead.

#16 SolitaryKnight, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  17. Smile

I agree, I see Dissidia as a Final Fantasy game and would like to keep it that way.

I am very much for a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia, I would just rather it be a separate game. I can imagine it quite clearly in my head.

18. kem

kem

Sephiroth is nice, but Jecht is better. Not the mention gorgeous. He OWNS Chaos with his massive -- ...greatsword.
    Seriously though, if it weren't for his Divine Judgement attack, I'd beat the crap out of lv. 120 Chaos. That's what always gets me.

19. SolitaryKnight

The TGS closed theater trailer is out now!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpc25Jyb7U[/YOUTUBE]

I wonder if there will be battles where you have to fight more than one opponent, the scene with ExDeath and Kain makes me wonder...
    Anyway, looks awesome still... but I was hoping for more of the FMV sequence.

20. kem

kem

Terra looks so pretty in that FMW :3
    OMG YES! An aerial HP attack for Cloud <3 Oh, and what is that counter Jecht used? :O
    Lightning draws her gunblade WAY too many times.