1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bario, Sep 6, 2010.

1. partietraumatic

when i went to uni last year, making fun of each others accents was hilarious :slight_smile: I heard alot of new accents i'd never heard before!

2. Enaithor

I must say, you may possibly get a tad slaughtered in poshville :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Ben

Ben

Even I want to make fun of people with my accent xD

4. Root

Good to know... good to know :icon_wink

For me, IRISH!

5. Airplanes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Accents are amazing.

I love a nice Southern accent, as long as the person isn't a hick. x)
    Also British and Caribbean (if thats even what you call it).

6. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn accents, they really do make guys sexier.

My boyfriend was born in Scotland, but raised in the US, so he doesn't have the accent. . .It'd be so much better if he did. . .

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

For me, accents add sophistication and sound nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . It's like having a break from what you are used to.

I love most accents from Europe, though.

8. SaturdaySaviour

I love Scottish accent. I just do.

American accent (what I hear on TV and movies) is so dull. Anything else than that is interesting XD

9. peaceandlies

i'm good at accents. i had just finished my american when a cockney thing came up for a theatre course. so i learnt cockney, and i've talked in one since. i dont mean to, but it became natural to me over the course of learning it and speaking only in it for two weeks. but whenever i get interviews (which i do a lot) i can't help but switching back to the accent i was raised with. ie, none at all.

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I like aussie and south africacan accents in terms of my own accent, I don't realy have one, because I move around quite a bit between my mums and dads place (70 miles away down the m40, west midlands to oxfordshire) so I have not developed a strong accents from anywere as It is a mix and only has hints of accents in it even a little West Sussex (my birth place) left in it.

11. Zach1992

My crush has lived in a few countries, but has a British accent. It's so damn sexy, he makes me melt.

12. Hollowsoul

British and southern accents and amazingly hot!

13. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Guys from the south have sexy accents. I'd say Kenny Chesney may have one of the hottest voices I have ever heard in my life.

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The irish accent. <3

My boyfriend has banned me from going to Ireland because I would just "hump them all". :eek:

15. Eric

The only accent that I really like is british for some reason.

16. KnightAssassin

i LOVE german accents and scottish just i love them ...... and a few british accents have made me talk to someone longer

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    North american, non-latino european including eastern europe, near eastern, middle eastern.... those are my favourites. Girls from iran.... god i love their accents. And dutch guys!!!! so hot.

on the subject of aussies, it's not hard to tell whether someone is from melbourne, sydney, brisbane, adelaide, or perth on the basis of their accents. You can hear it in the vowels usually, and sometimes tones. In melbourne, you say melbourne "malbourne" and drink bee-a, not beer. From adelaide you'd go to france ('frahnce'), with an open mouth but relaxed cheeks, whereas from sydney you'd go to 'france' with the standard aussie twang, with your cheeks pulling your mouth slightly more open to the sides.

i get asked if i'm from adelaide or new zealand because i do that too >.<

18. Bario

Bario Guest

Hmm, I never really noticed before. I dont really get around much. I have only ever been further than NSW twice, to Brisbane. Three of my aunts live up there. I have a Victorian friend, he doesnt speak that differently. Although he is a crazy mix, i think hes something form asia, he part Lavtian and hes from Vic, I cant remember where he said he was from. Some little podunk in the middle of nowhere.

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2010 at 04:58 PM ----------

I have a question, well a couple.
    You live in Spain, yes? At least if your details are correct you do. You speak Spanish as a first language?
    Well, me and a friend of mine have been wondering lately; 'If we make fun of French people by putting on a funny accent and saying a bunch of silly French words. Monsieur, bon appetite, mon ami! Do French people make fun of us by saying mate, and barby'
    In your case you are clearly not French, unless you are? Anyway, over there in Spain, how do you do an Aussie accent/dialogue?
    I just cant imagine how foreign people make fun of us in their native tongue.

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For some reason I absolutely adore that really high-end kind of British accent. As in the kind of accent Rachel Shelley has (Helena from the L word). I don't really know why because I think it's associated with your typical British bitch/snob/whatever, but somehow I find it realllly sexy. I heard it the other day in this phone shop, this woman said something in that accent and my mum thought it was sooo snobby but I thought it was the sexiest thing ever. (even though she did say something quite snobby LOL)

I also quite like Geordie. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. UserName

British accents are hot.

I'm from South Carolina so I probably have a Southern drawl to my speech...hopefully that works out for when I move out of the south east haha :slight_smile: